Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Have you used your warrenty lately?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Have you used your warrenty lately?

Well come this wendsday (tomm) i'm taking my month old xB to the shop for warrenty issues. I was driving down rt28 the other week in heavy rain, those damn splines that hold the rubber blade to the metal arm, start to slide out!! Well needless to say when the "exploded" out they began to scrap against the body of the car just above the window! SCRATCHING THE CLEAR COAT!! I went to the deal to show them and they told me "uhh you'll have to bring it in on weds cuz my manager has't to take a look at it, i dont know if we can warrenty that or not" I was like WTF? It was like, your crappy windshield wipper that did that, like hell if your not going to warrenty it!

Well needless to say, i dont know what they're going to say. I'll post my results up when i get them.

But post any issues you had w/ your xB and warrenty issues you may of had!

P.S. 45 days old and already a cracked windshield.... DAMN BOXES!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

let me know how your isee goes. i have a little something for my dealer. but i want to hit them with all i got at once instead of bits and pieces at a time.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats funny cause we picked up ours on a snow storm and those lil metal straps came loose on mine too.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i took mine into a different dealer than i bought mine at, to fix the TRD muffler i had installed, and to fix the a/c issue, and they were cool, and even gave me a rental while they fixed it.......so far so good!
Old 05-13-2004, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i took it in... i also told them "Hey i still have two more free oil changes, can you change my oil and filter for me?" they said ohh not a prob but i made sure to add in "ohh and please be sure to reset the mtn rqrd light" they said sure thing... well i picked it up today, all free of charge! yes i did it!

well i went to check out the car, yeah the buffed it up, cleaned it up a lil, you can still see the scratches in some light but i'm not worried. Well i didnt notice till i got home but that damn light is still on. Not too worried but i guess they did repair it all under warrenty i'll let it slide this time

P.S. - if anyone knows how to reset that light, i would really like to know how.... cuz once i get done w/ all my free oil changes, i'm doin it myself... Thanx
Old 05-13-2004, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

with the car in on position switch to the odometer reading, turn car off... hold odometer button in and turn car on, hold on till the odometer starts blinking. should be good to go.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MotoMan_YZ400
P.S. - if anyone knows how to reset that light, i would really like to know how.... cuz once i get done w/ all my free oil changes, i'm doin it myself... Thanx
https://www.scionlife.com/tech/elect...ance_light.php
Old 05-17-2004, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Warranty Problems

Call the number in your owner's manual info and complain to Scion Customer Experience. They were astonishingly helpful in an unrelated warranty repair at a Toyota dealer for my xB here in TN. They treated me as if I'd bought a Lexus and followed up on the problem (even sent me some keychains!)
Problem solved quickly!