Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

i hate my stock radio.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default i hate my stock radio.

hey you guys. i recently put my stock radio in and i don't know about the new scions, but the old ones had this problem with the stock single disc cd players where they skip every once in a while. for mine, it's about every 15 minutes or so, and it skips about 10 seconds of the song for some reason.

i know there has already been an official service bulletin about this issue, but i do not want to leave my car at the dealer for a week so they can change out the radio (which literally takes less than 5 minutes). does anyone know if i can just bring my radio in for an exchange, or is there anyone who works at a dealer that can get me get it changed right on the spot without leaving it there for a long time? i also need to get a second remote. i just hate going to the dealer. they are always too busy to help me.

thanks for your help.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:54 PM

why does it take a week just to replace a stereo? Can't they just grab one from the back and install it? I mean the scions don't come with radios anyway, why wouldn't they have one in the back?

Old 12-30-2003, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

set an appointment.. talk to the person who works at the dealer... Arrange it so that you come in.. drop the car off for 10 mins... and have them replace it...

I highly reccomend calling them so they can order it in advance if they have to...

Things are solved easily my friend...
Old 12-30-2003, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you will just need to go there and they should order a new headunit and then call you when it comes in. you will not need to leave your car at the dealer.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My stock radio unit never skips....I got mine a month after the scions came out. Is this a common problem with scions in general?
Old 12-30-2003, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanks you guys. it's only certain radios. a few of us had them. i think they're fine now. as soon as they found out about the problem, they replaced them with good ones, so most people aren't affected. toyota is on the ball. i guess i'll call the dealer. i was hoping someone who worked at a parts department would read this and help me out, though. i don't trust the non-enthusiast types. they never know anything and they don't care. the guys on the forums are so much smarter and informed of things like this.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After they ordered mine they called me in and it took 1 hour for them to do the install
Old 01-15-2004, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member

FYI...the radio is made by pioneer not toyota...so its not a "scion proble" its a pioneer problem. Also sometimes they have to send a unit out to pioneer to be fixed...i no longer work at the local dealership so i dont know what they are doin on the scions...plu si live in maryland so there is only one here and it is strictly for the showroom. lol... i know on some vehicles they have to send the unit out for repair in whic case they sometime have loaner units or you have to drive around for a week w/o a stereo.