Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

I put some scratches in my paint.. Sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I put some scratches in my paint.. Sugestions?

Well today I thought that I would take off my rear decals.. Mistake......Well I heated the scion decal first for a long time with a blowdryer. Then i pulled it off not easy by the way.. There was a TON of the sticky stuff left on there! (When I did my Chevy Truck all the sticky stuff came off when I pulled decals off) So I used this stuff to get it off, But it didnt get all of it. So I had to kind of use my rag and fingernail to get the rest off. Remember my car is black so you see every scratch. Anyways after I clean it all up there is like a Circle outline of where it was and its really dull and scratched up. Very noticeable in sunlight (Looks like ____). I used turtle wax and buffed it out by hand but its still there........ I tryed to take pics for the board but its to dark now and you can't see it. The xb decal spot has it to but not as bad... Well my ears are open to sugestions how to fix this.. No smart remarks please.. Its been rough enough and im ____ed enough. Thanks
Old 11-27-2003, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry about your scratches i know its a little late but check this

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=debadging

maybee some rubbing compound?
Old 11-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Don't use rubbing compound if your strong. That's how I got my circle of scratches and it did look like ____ in the sun, VERY noticeable. You just got rid of the clear coat because it is cheap in my opinion. I dunno if you wanna spend money but I took it to Toyota and they did it for $40. Looked brand new after. The circle was about an inch and a half in diameter but there is no spot of it anymore.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm tell me more joe, please.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey use polishing compound by 3M then wax then a glaze and do it all by hand make sure to let the wax stay on first in the sun then buff lightly and then you glaze ok.
by the way hey joe hows the smell in your car
Old 11-27-2003, 02:38 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Smells like a super new car/bleach. The guys at autozone hooked me up with free perfume after smeeling it. Its gone sept for some bleach fumes, all good.

If that thing greenbox doesn't work, try toyota. What more do you wanna hear? Someone keyed my car, my bro used rubbing compound on the real big scratches and it worked pretty good, still there tho. I used it on a small scratch which is why I rubbed in a circle but I know I didn't press that hard, damn bulging biceps. It took toyota less than an hour and they got out the circle that I made and also the big scratches on the lift gate for $40. I didn't watch what they did but the clear coat looks perfect.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thnaks alot, I might have to give them a call. I wish I knew what they did to fix it. Thanks again
Old 11-27-2003, 04:41 AM

hope everything turns out ok man, I just saw your car and it was perfect. Sorry to hear man.