Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Klasse AIO and SG

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Klasse AIO and SG

Anyone have good or bad experience with using both products?

Ive been using meguiars gold glass wax but now I want something that protects my car for a couple of months so I am thinking about using the Klasse All In One and Sealent Glaze.

So any bad or good things about it? How long does the product actually last for?And where can I buy it besides online? Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used them on my tC and they worked pretty well.. got me through the winter with ease and seemed to last a while (sorry didn't measure how long). After a few weeks I put on a wax for the heck of it, but probably didn't *need* to.

However that said, I would strongly recommend Zaino over Klasse. based on recommendations I tried it and nothing I have ever seen has come close to the shinyness and depth of the Zaino finish as a sealer. Much like the Klasse, it is only available online (that I know of). And every single test I have seen, the Zaino has outlasted Klasse.

I still used AIO the last time i detailed as my polish and put Zaino 2 Pro + ZFX on top of it. It seemed to work well... then shot it with the Finishing spray. After 24 hours the finishing spray bonded with the Zaino and WOWSERS!!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Being a side-job car detailer, I use AIO all the time. it's a very nice paint cleaner that leaves behind a light layer of protection. I get around 2-3 weeks out of AIO alone. SG is also a nice product. I've had 3 layers (applied 24 hours apart) last for almost 5 months in the florida summertime on my mom's beetle.
IMO SG is a sealant that is best used on solid light color paints... superwhite would be the only tC color htat I would use it on. In your case, you have a silver metallic car. Instead of going AIO topped with a couple layers of SG, I would use AIO and then top with a couple layers of four star's ultimate paint protection. Unlike the acrylic sealant that SG is, UPP is a polymer sealant. On a neighbor's car, i did AIO/UPPx3 and ended up getting just over 4 months of durability. The main attributes of UPP are that it really brightens up the paint, and the metallic flake pop that it gives is just amazing. The slickness of the paint is also to die for.
AIO, SG, and UPP are all boutqiue, online-only brands. check out autogeek.net, pakshak.com, and exceldetail.com for all your detailing needs :D
Old 04-19-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
Being a side-job car detailer, I use AIO all the time. it's a very nice paint cleaner that leaves behind a light layer of protection. I get around 2-3 weeks out of AIO alone.
Only 2 or 3 weeks!?! Thats worse than the meguiars gold class wax. They advertise saying that it last 4-6months. Im just looking for something that will protect the car and still give it a clean look for at least 3 months. I guess I will look into Zaino. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

AIO isn't supposed to be used as a protection type of product like a wax. It's supposed to be used a chemical cleaner.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

neothin knows his ish....I used AIO/UPPx2/natty blue almost 6 months ago and mine beads up still pretty well, about to hit it up again this time with porter cable and I'm hoping for even better results and first time was FANTASTIC
Old 04-23-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

all Klasse products are rock solid
Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have used the AIO and SG on my last 3 vehiciles:

On the Scion:

On my previous cars (subarus):

Entire photo album of my Clay Bar/Polish/Cleaner (AIO):
Photo Album

I highly recommend the stuff. It also last a very long time, and stands up to the harsh New England winters. I had the bottles since 2002 when I purchased the WRX. They are about 3/4 used up at this point, and I apply the stuff twice a year.

Paul G.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow good stuff thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i use klasse all in one. i'm really not sure why though, i don't really understand what it does and doesn't do. however the main reason i use it is because it gets rid of waterspots like no other. sometimes i take the easy route out and i take longer to dry my car in the hot sun, resulting in half of the car being dried by the sun.

i like the easy on application of klass all in one, and it leaves a nice shine on the surface. usually follow that with nxt tech wax (i know, it has abrasives that are probably killing the AIO) then i follow that with a carnuba wax

i think i might skip the nxt and use what neothin suggests.

anyone want to suggest something for my indigo ink pearl paint? i do some highway driving and it's parked outside all the time. i don't have a porter cable, but will be getting one soon. i'd like to get my swirls out also and maybe get at least 2 months out of each waxing section
i have the following products (in addition to clay):
turtlewax ultra gloss
turtlewax rubbing compound (old stuff i should throw away)
turtlewax scratch remover
klasse all in one
meg's nxt tech wax paste
meg's deep crystal carnuba wax liquid
meg's speed detailing spray

i'm willing to buy more stuff...let me know what you think i should get
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know its all about what one uses, is used to, and the overall protection. I was a Klasse guy myself until recently. Klasse is a great product that has offered the same protection for years. But, I think after using Zaino some of you migh convert (Like me ) I don't see too many defending Zaino here, but I really think you need to try it sometime. It seems to make paint like BSP and FM just 'drip', and it does it without killing the metallic flake optics like some waxes do. I dont have any pics of my scion yet with the zaino..maybe that can be remedied,... in the mean time...

Check out this great thread on the Zaino system process:
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....ighlight=zaino

And here are more results:
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....ighlight=zaino

I still used AIO under zaino. Just wanted to make sure you guys understood what Zaino can do, but to each their own :D
Old 04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had the AIO and SG for so long I haven't needed to try anything else. Once the bottles run dry maybe I'll switch too to try some new products.

For those who don't understand the AIO, here is a good descritpion:

From www.properautocare.com:

Klasse All-In-One polishes away oxidation and leaves a deep acrylic shine that can last for 6 months or more. All-In-One is not a wax, silicone or polymer but an acrylic formula. It really is different. All-In-One bonds to the surface like a regular car wax but doesn’t penetrate or change the paint in any way. It matches the depth and clarity of a high quality carnauba wax but lasts much longer. Two applications a year (maybe just one) will keep your car looking great.

All-In-One contains a real polish. It removes surface films, old wax, minor swirls, and oxidation. It’s a true one-step product. It cleans, polishes and protects in one easy step.

Use Klasse All-In-One on all one stage and clear coat paints, gelcoat and painted fiberglass, convertible windows, all clear plastic, finished wood furniture, porcelain, tile, marble, glass, chrome, aluminum, stainless steel and all metals.

Klasse is famous for its mirror-like shine!

Specifically, Klasse All-In-One:
Produces a great shine with excellent depth and clarity.
Is economical, requiring about one ounce to shine and protect a car. Is very easy to use. Simply wipe on and wipe off. No drying time is needed. Doesn’t haze or streak if there are water droplets on the surface. Contains no abrasives or silicones. Does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim.
Maintains its shine wash after wash. Lasts longer than wax.
Can be used on any non-porous surface. Approved for marine and aviation use.
And for High Gloss Sealant:
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is a highly concentrated acrylic formula glaze for new cars and oxidation-free surfaces. It’s use is optional over All-In-One but what a great option! High Gloss Glaze provides an additional protective layer over the All-In-One with an exceptionally brilliant mirror-like shine.

High Gloss Sealant Glaze creates an elastic, non-chip, shrink-proof, heat and scratch resistant -protective seal against ultraviolet rays, salt water, acid rain and industrial pollutants for up to 12 months. Use this glaze on all paints with or without clear coats, glass, fiberglass, Plexiglass, plastics, metal surfaces, enamel, tiles, Formica and all non-porous surfaces. It is anti-static, non-abrasive and contains no ingredients harmful to paint, metal or plastic.
Paul G.