Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Mr Clean Autodry Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mr Clean Autodry Car Wash

I live at the end of a dirt road 2 miles long, and it is very hard to keep my cars clean. I picked up the Mr Clean Carwash kit at Target just after I bought my XB in November, but because of the winter weather I did not have a chance to test it out. All I can say is....WOW.

I started off with the front of the car. Sprayed it down with water, switched the nozzle to the soap setting and used a wash mitt to scrub it down. I switched to the filtered rinse setting and rinsed off the soap. The spray came out a little weak, but it got the job done. I moved on to the drivers side and let the front dry. When I finished the side I checked the front but really couldn't see too much because of the angle and brightness of the sun. I took 2 minutes to go check the mail, and when I came back I checked the side. I wasn't sure if it was wet or dry so I rubbed my finger across the window...again, all I can say is WOW. It was dry in just a few minutes and no streaks or waterspots.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Mr Clean Autodry Car Wash

Originally Posted by OMAC
I wasn't sure if it was wet or dry so I rubbed my finger across the window...again, all I can say is WOW. It was dry in just a few minutes and no streaks or waterspots.
Except for the new fingerprints on the window!
I guess I'll have to check this product out. I keep hearing good things about it.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member

Your right it's sweet, if you dont have it go buy it. NOW!!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's good stuff...good for a quick wash....but nothing beats a good old fashion waxing and wash.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Great no spot rinse

I have some pretty hard water and can't get it off fast enugh before it leaves spots.
I picked up a $10.00 spray jug @ Homer, with the hose and sprayer tip. Fill it up with .58 cent distilled water from the Mart and do a no spot rinse. Get like 2-5 washes per gallon.
Works great. Make sure you don't buy the good one with the brass tip. I have smacked the mirror a few times, Glad it was cheep plastic and not US brass Thadel-leav a mark.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one quick note on the use of it: rinse without the filter first(on the normal rinse setting) After the whole car is washed and rinsed then turn to the filter setting and rinse the whole car again. It'll rinse alot easier and faster and thats what the instructions tell ya to do. That fine mist puts deionized water in place of the other water on the car and thats what keeps it from spotting, your not supposed to rinse the soap off with it.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used it... still got streaks... think it's socal's notorious hard water...
Old 04-19-2005, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I was going to get it but I heard from numerous people that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Are you supposed to leave it in the sun for it to work? because the other people left it in the shade so that it wouldn't dry on.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Lab
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

How often are you supposed to replace the filters on it?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

replace teh filter when it gets brown, thers an indicator line to show you. also the new model has more power during the filtered water cycle so it doesnt take as long fanning the mist and getting the whole car. I highly reccomend it for anyone who wants a good car wash w/o waxing and detailing.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if anybody goes to get this, make sure you pay the extra 10 bucks to get the new black one. i think it's called the pro one or something. it has an additional water setting, an extra hard stream and they increased the pressure for the spot free mist.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I do like the filter this thing has on it. And I do sometimes need a "quick" wash. I may just have to pick one of these up soon!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a good product. I would highly recommend it! Just don't use any soap other than the stuff it comes with or you'll get spots and it won't dry with the mister...
Old 04-20-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gave in and got one. I like it for a quicky, but Orlando water kills the filters pretty quick.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Mr Clean car wash

I find it to be ok. I have problems with all of the attachments to the hose that leak. They didn't provide enough gaskets in all of the right places in my opinion. Other than that I like the system. Makes for a quick wash. But I end up soaked with all of the leaky attachements going into the sprayer.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mr Clean make it gleam;-)

So yeah I agree that the Mr Clean Autodry should come with a couple more gaskets to stop the swivel attachment from leaking.

Although I must say I am pretty impressed with the performance of the kit. The filters are by no means cheap and the soap could be sudsier but I have a feeling they will come out with some upgraded stuff soon.

The only issue I had with the MR is that you really should do a once over when it is pretty dry with a high quality quick detailer to make sure no polymer smudges are left. Overall car looks great. Highly reccommend.

P.S. Great thing to have in case of a situation like...oh say....crap I have a date in an hour and my car is dirty. MR CLEAN MR CLEAN !
Old 06-10-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just started using this, too. It's a great product that hasn't let me down yet; it won't give you a perfectly, flawless clean, but it's more than enough for my daily driver.

< AutoDry Fan