Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

My F!$KING PAINT! Help... :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My F!$KING PAINT! Help... :(

So, I was washing my car the other day and there was a brown chunk of what looked like mud above the wheelwell on the passenger side of my car, and as I hosed it down it came right off. However, it left behind a nice brown $hit splotch on my paint that won't come out. I've tried several things since, including T-Wax Bug & Tar Remover, and one of the local dealers tried a cleaner wax and one other solution to no avail. I am absolutely livid at this point as nothing seems to be working...

Anyone have this same problem? Is this the result of Toyota/Scion's poor paint? I mean, I've only got 6k miles on my car and I'm seeing rock chips all over the front bumper (these f'in cars should come standard with rockblocker), and now a blemish that seemingly won't come off. It's as if it's burned into the paint.

Solutions? Should this be covered under warranty? Tips/Tricks/Secrets from auto detailers on how to try and remove this horrid stain would also be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end...
Old 08-22-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rubbing compound?....be careful it will take ur clear coar & paint off...just rub it very lightly...then wax the spot after....I dunno thats All I can think of...Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I assume you already tried a clay bar?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

sorry, it's the typical crappy scion paint job. I've seen numerous threads about how crappy the paint jobs are and how quickly the are to chip and be faded. It won't be covered under your warranty either...u just need to pay for a better paint job if you want one. What do you expect for a sub $20k car?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I expect the paint to withstand some of the typical elements that are encountered in day to day driving, for one. Rock chips happen regardless of how good the paint job is, however fading shouldn't be acceptable and neither should this "stain" that now marrs my paintjob. It's not like I cracked open a battery and poured acid all over my paint job. While I didn't expect the paint job to resemble that of a brand new Porsche, I certainly didn't expect this...much less when the car is less than three months old.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

regardless of the car really, if something sits more than 24 hours on a paint job, it will eat away at the paint and fade it. that is why you must take care of any blemish immediately. sometimes it sucks though because you don't always catch it in time.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

For this sort of stain I would start with WD40 and work my way up the ladder. If it doesn't do anything try some 90% rubbing alcohol. Then move up to carb cleaner. Then rewax it afterward.
For rock chips, the sooner you get a Colgan bra the better. I waited till after 10K and am very sorry.