Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Paint Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Paint Stuff

I know its a long shot, but is it possible for the dealer to fix any dings or scratches on the door, under warranty? The ding is hardly noticeable, but the scratches are a little obvious since my car is gray. At night you can hardly see the scratches but during the day, you can if you keep looking. I got most of the other scratches off with wax, but the other scratches need to be dealt with...repainted. I got an estimate from one place and they were charging me $400 total for everything-no more no less. Then I went to another place and they said $600 for the door, fender, and rear-quarter panel so everthing on the driver's side could match. But I only want the door to be dealt with. The car is still new so I don't think color matching would be too much of a problem. Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres no way to do it under warranty...unless u work for them....

400 sounds ok actually...cuz usually those Paintless Dent Removal places charge $100 for one door...but thats without repainting...so yea
Old 09-12-2004, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what color is your car? you would be surprised how far off the color can be for a new car. it sounds like the $600 place is going to be your best bet. you get what you pay for and you don't want to mess around the outside of the car and take the cheap way out. you could also try a 1 day paint and body if you want to go that route.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

answer me this- How is it in anyway toyota's fault for someone dinging up your car- this is why you have insurance!!!!

anyways Look up dent pro in you yellow book- around here they have a $50 min.

if the scratches are not deep (meaning you fingernail wont catch on it) then it should buff out...

Good luck!