Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Protect your gas - LOCKING GAS CAPS FOR SCIONS.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great info, thanks.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the fact is that people who are looking to steal gas, are doing this as a quick run up siphon and get away. if they go to a car that has a locking gas cap, they will just move to the next car that doesn't have one. it is the same idea as the club. you can steal a car that has a club on it, but it is just a little more difficult. to where theifs will just move to the next car that doesn't have a club on it. so even though a locking gas cap won't stop someone who really wants YOUR gas, it will keep away the guys who are trying to do it as quick as possible. i am glad that they have the locking cap that fits the xb, one of the things that i wanted to buy...if only it came in CF...

*edit*
I thought these were the locking fuel doors, like on the Mustangs... not justa locking fuel cap. my bad (previous statements still apply, except for the CF remark, that was directed towards the fuel door)
Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm banking on "the fact is that people who are looking to steal gas, are doing this as a quick run up siphon and get away". The way I figure, if they come to my camobox and find a LOCKING fuel DOOR, “they will just move to the next car that doesn't have one. it is the same idea as the club.”

Now a fuel door with a visible lock would keep them from damaging the box only to find a locking cap.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be more worried about someone sticking sugar in the tank since lots of people on here have been victims of keyings and other vandilism. but it can go either way...I think it would be great if someone had already pried open the fuel door only to find a lock on the tank....but...that might cause them to do other things....with their keys....

get my point?