Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Unbeliveable Results! Best Scratch/Stain remover!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Unbeliveable Results! Best Scratch/Stain remover!

I purchased some scratch remover at the International Auto Expo here in Raleigh back in March. Many companies were represented, and more than a few I had never heard of. In viewing the many products offered, I ran across a demonstation for a product I had never heard or used. The guy was removing scratchs from a painted hood I was sure would not come out without a repaint! Well, needless to say, I was sold. After washing my car a couple of days ago, I noticed a deep scratch on my rocker panel below the drivers door. I pulled out my Meguirs Scratch X and worked on it. It helped a little bit, but not much. At that point I remembered this new stuff I had and put some on a clean microfiber cloth and gently worked it over the scratch. WOW! The scratch was history! Then I tried it on a scratch on the rear bumper of my wife's Grand Marquis that I could'nt remove 6 months ago. GONE! This stuff is the BOMB! It contains no wax or silicone so I rewaxed the areas affected aferward. If anyone is interested in trying some, here is the info from the bottle:Malco Lite Finish/ Malco Products, Inc./Barberton, Ohio 44203/ (330) 753-0361
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this sounds really interesting, i have a series of scratches on my car, and this may be what ive been looking for.

just to make sure the name of the product that you are talking about is called Malco Lite Finish???. I just did a search on goodle and found their website, i just want to make sure im going to buy the right product.

One last thing, after you use this would you have to wax or polish the areas? Or is this a one step thing?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, barberton is pretty close to the college that i commute to, i might go see whats up, personally
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hope this answers your questions. Yes it is called Malco Lite Finish. I did rewax the affected areas because it contains NO wax or silicone. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me! If you try it, please let me know how it worked for you.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.malcopro.com/cgi-win/mselect.exe/1101
Old 08-05-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hmm sounds good
Old 08-05-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so... how aggressive must this polish be?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reminds me of klasse all in one...which isn't very agressive at all.

i'd like to hear more about your scratches that you removed. were they in the clearcoat or did they go down to the paint or primer?
also i'd like to know about the longevity of this product, have your scratches reappeared? i'd like to see the scratched area gone over with some dawn soap and water, just to see if this product is a filler
well, then again, glazes are primarily polishes with fillers.

please let us know, i'm interested, because i'm currently looking for a good glaze
Old 08-06-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

xnevergiveinx, You asked for an update on the scratches and the durability of the Malco Lite Finish: The scratches in my xA were in the clearcoat; mostly due to my shoe hitting the rocker panel as I get in, and the cat next door who loves to jump on the hood of my car on the way to the roof of my xA, where she loves to sleep. I have a carport that I park under, and the cat seems to enjoy being out of the weather as her owner does not have one! I was having to use the Malco and Mequires to fix scratches almost every day until I decided the only way to keep KITTY from ruining my xA without shooting her was to buy a good Dupont fabric car cover and cover my car every nite. This seems to be working, and the scratches on my xA that I removed with the Malco have not reappeared. The deeper scratch on the bumper of my wife's Grand Marquis was caused by her dragging something heavy across the bumper into the trunk. It was down to the paint and almost to the primer. After a couple of months of car washes I noticed the scratch had started to reappear very faintly. I reapplied the Malco and then the Mequires NXT Tech wax and it is gone again. Obviously, it does not last forever,but it's still the best I've found.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, thanks for the update, sounds like a decent glaze