Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Weird problem with steering?? Traction Control?!?!? Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member

Default Weird problem with steering?? Traction Control?!?!? Help.

Ok so here's the deal..... Whenever i'm driving and take like curved turns for example taking an off-ramp and turn my steering wheel my wheels make a weird BEEPING sound and my dash cluster shows the "swerving car" symbol lighting up. I'm not talking about one of those Donut off-ramps, just a regular one like merging onto another freeway... It's odd, it's never done it before? Anyone have this problem??? It just gets annoying and i hear consecutive beeping when making turns at a decent speed. Stop & go turns it doesn't do this but as for bigger turns it would...

I have a 05 XB Factory lowered with TRD Springs and 18" ADR Rims that's about it. Just started doing this last week... Should I have the traction control off or on? I live in San Diego, and i'm an aggresive driver, NOT a granny in a buick with a handicap license plate driver. ;)

I wanna take it into the dealer but dont really have the time yet... Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The car swerving symbol in blue is VSC (vehicle stability control). The trac symbol would be TRAC in yellow. Maybe you drove a bit too fast on the off/on ramp. This symbol occurs more often during wet road conditions. If it happens everytime, even dry, check out the dealer. But they'll tell you it is normal. Keep TRAC ON. The only time you should turn it off is when you are trying to pull out from mud or snow (per owners manual).
Old 10-22-2005, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

it shows the car swerving symbol in orange, i do take turns fast, but it's just weird that this hasn't happened before when driving like that.. and I have now had the car approximately 1 year and 16 days. So I guess i'm stuck taking it to the dealer and waiting around =/