Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

When to replace fluids...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:07 PM
SL Member

I believe every dealership has their own service list when it comes to 30k service with Scions. You'll have to check on specific dealership websites to get details on what service is included at their advertised price for that type of service. At $220 for a Scion 30K service, I believe they do LOF, rotate tires, air filter change, fuel injection cleaner, clean & adjust rear brake drum, wiper blade replacement, & point inspections, basically a 15k service. The 30K for $500 is probably every service just mentioned with a trans flush and coolant flush. I know the life of the coolant in Scions are at 100,000 miles. The trans fluid, however, depends on how hard you worked up the transmission within the 30k on the ODO. Honestly, I would get the LOF, rear brake adjustment, & trans flush done only for about $250. You can do the other services yourself.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by OPINIONATOR_xD
I believe every dealership has their own service list when it comes to 30k service with Scions. You'll have to check on specific dealership websites to get details on what service is included at their advertised price for that type of service. At $220 for a Scion 30K service, I believe they do LOF, rotate tires, air filter change, fuel injection cleaner, clean & adjust rear brake drum, wiper blade replacement, & point inspections, basically a 15k service. The 30K for $500 is probably every service just mentioned with a trans flush and coolant flush. I know the life of the coolant in Scions are at 100,000 miles. The trans fluid, however, depends on how hard you worked up the transmission within the 30k on the ODO. Honestly, I would get the LOF, rear brake adjustment, & trans flush done only for about $250. You can do the other services yourself.
What is LOF?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thunderbox
what is the refilling procedure on the auto xb i.e engine running at op temp with gear selector in nuetral or engine off do you run it through all the gears and then check i plan on doing this soon and i dont want to screw something up someone please help
I put in what I took out (about 3.5 quarts). Start car, shift through gears (PRD212DRP) then check with car idling. It was in the right range, so I drove it a while and repeated the process until it was full when hot. All said and done, I used 4 full quarts. I actually dropped the pan too, so you may need a LITTLE less if you just drain/refill.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rebelMan
Originally Posted by OPINIONATOR_xD
What is LOF?
Lube
Oil
Filter
Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn acronyms