Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
i used to be straight edge for the majority of my life. but then decided agaist it cus my friends ruined it for me. but then again i just wanted to be able to sit down and have a cold beer once in a while...

but now look at me i drink (as often as i can lol... which isnt that often)... and im addicted to cigs
You just defined my life. I was a "straight edge" kid for the most part until college, then just exchange "which isn't that often" with "which was quite often" in your quote.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm completely against drugs & smoking. I've been trying to get a few of the guys on my team to quit smoking. I hung out with one of them a lot for awhile & begged him to quit & he got down to 2 cigs from a pack & a half. But we don't hang out nearly as often as before & he's picked up the habit again. I rarely drink, I actually drank my first drop of alcohol on a cruise in December & I've only gone drinking twice after that, one of the times I only had one drink. I kinda regret it but I kinda don't. As long as it's not excessive I'm okay with it. But, drugs & smoking I'm completely against.

Also, straight edge lifestyle deals with no promiscuous sex as well.

& mmmm, Hatebreed's playing LA next month, & Throwdown's playing in the OC soon.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I'm not straight edge, but I respect the decision to commit to that lifestyle. I'm in the same situation as Dave, I gotta have my smokes. I don't drink all that much, maybe a few times a month.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

throwdown = sick (i loved haymaker)
hatebreed - not so sick (meh saw them llive, wasnt impressed)
Old 02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

but all the cool kids are doing it.......
Old 02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
I'm not straight edge, but I respect the decision to commit to that lifestyle. I'm in the same situation as Dave, I gotta have my smokes. I don't drink all that much, maybe a few times a month.
bingo, i definatly respect sXe peoples. cus coming from someone whos been there. its not very easy. *or at least it wasnt for me* especialy when half ur friends are sXe and the other half arent... (and the have that isnt... also isnt half as violent.... f*ckin kids thought they were so tough.... they were fun to be with.. they introduced me to a lot of good music and shows)
Old 02-09-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bingo, i definatly respect sXe peoples. cus coming from someone whos been there. its not very easy. *or at least it wasnt for me* especialy when half ur friends are sXe and the other half arent... (and the have that isnt... also isnt half as violent.... f*ckin kids thought they were so tough.... they were fun to be with.. they introduced me to a lot of good music and shows)
Peer pressure always kills it. I had my first drop of alcohol because I was with ten 21-24 year olds on a cruise to Jamaica. What was I supposed to do? Sit in a room by myself the whole night?! At least I didn't smoke in Jamaica like everyone else, now THAT is something I never ever ever plan on doing.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
Peer pressure always kills it. I had my first drop of alcohol because I was with ten 21-24 year olds on a cruise to Jamaica. What was I supposed to do? Sit in a room by myself the whole night?! At least I didn't smoke in Jamaica like everyone else, now THAT is something I never ever ever plan on doing.
to be honest with u, it wasnt peer pressure, i drank on my own free wil. and i have no idea why i started smoking =/ but i wish i didnt.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

to be honest with u, it wasnt peer pressure, i drank on my own free wil. and i have no idea why i started smoking =/ but i wish i didnt.
Boredom?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think I'll ever be straight-edge. I enjoy the occasional brew, not many of them, but it is still something I enjoy after busting my butt all day every now and then.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

This is amazing
it's ok to drink but not t osmoke
i guess this will turn into another stupid thread cos of stupid comments against normal smokers
Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I guess I shouldn't say "always", but in most cases it's peer pressure. =/
Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

brian u know it wasn't meant for you.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
This is amazing
i guess this will turn into another stupid thread cos of stupid comments against normal smokers
You mean tobacco or 'other' smokes?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

This is amazing
You mean tobacco or 'other' smokes?
Either one.
I'd rather have my future husband smoke cigs or whatever and be lazy on the couch than one who drinks with a red veined face who might beat me up or drive n kill ppl.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is amazing
Actually, if it turns into a stupid thread, I'd bet its because of that comment right there.

Some people drink and don't smoke. I personally hate smoking(cigs or whatever). I have never smoked a day in my life and I have a dead grandfather to thank for it. It's a personal opinion. I drink very rarely, mostly for holidays with family and such, but that is it.

And then you said you'd rather have someone smoke cigs or whatever, than a drunk who hits you or gets in a car and kills people. Smoking cigarettes can distract you behind the wheel. Pot sort of slows things down for you too. I guess I'd rather have someone not drunk or stoned driving the car but whatever.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
This is amazing
Actually, if it turns into a stupid thread, I'd bet its because of that comment right there.

Some people drink and don't smoke. I personally hate smoking(cigs or whatever). I have never smoked a day in my life and I have a dead grandfather to thank for it. It's a personal opinion. I drink very rarely, mostly for holidays with family and such, but that is it.

And then you said you'd rather have someone smoke cigs or whatever, than a drunk who hits you or gets in a car and kills people. Smoking cigarettes can distract you behind the wheel. Pot sort of slows things down for you too. I guess I'd rather have someone not drunk or stoned driving the car but whatever.
Drunks drive erratically, fast and are careless.
Stoners drive cars WAY slowly cos they are freaking out.

So rather get hit by a drunk 90mph dude or a 10mph dude.

And ppl pointed fingers against smokers before I even read this thread.
Tired of being discriminated against so I spoke up. Just like you have.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

straight edge here. toyota is my drug. i crave power, speed, technique.... my toyotas are a neccisity. honing my skills as a driver and as a tech, i time every modification trying to be faster in the driver seat and behind the wrench. Its brought me friends, credit card bills, nights in jail, nights stuck in the woods with a broken truck, taught me how to weld, how to lift the accelerator and put the brake on in the car and in life. Taught me no matter what has happened it can always be fixxed, cars, trucks, people etc.
Spent nights in parking lots running my mouth...racing pickups through the woods being chased by DEP ...running home to replace axles, swap n02 bottles etc etc ect.

Building, racing, and crashing toyotas has brought me so much in my life.(yes i know im only 20 )

toyota is the perfect drug.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by redwar1441
straight edge here. toyota is my drug. i crave power, speed, technique.... my toyotas are a neccisity. honing my skills as a driver and as a tech, i time every modification trying to be faster in the driver seat and behind the wrench. Its brought me friends, credit card bills, nights in jail, nights stuck in the woods with a broken truck, taught me how to weld, how to lift the accelerator and put the brake on in the car and in life. Taught me no matter what has happened it can always be fixxed, cars, trucks, people etc.
Spent nights in parking lots running my mouth...racing pickups through the woods being chased by DEP ...running home to replace axles, swap n02 bottles etc etc ect.

Building, racing, and crashing toyotas has brought me so much in my life.(yes i know im only 20 )

So you can't drink or smoke in "straight edge" but you can endanger your own and other's lives, disobey the law, run from the cops, and just be a plain idiot? I think I'd rather take my chances with crack.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Originally Posted by redwar1441

So you can't drink or smoke in "straight edge" but you can endanger your own and other's lives, disobey the law, run from the cops, and just be a plain idiot? I think I'd rather take my chances with crack.

It's not that you can't drink or smoke. You choose not to. Sure you can't choose to smoke/drink and be straight edge at the same time, but I hope you get what I mean.

Also, his personal choice doesn't reflect all of the sXe lifestyle. As was mentioned before some people(known as hardline) do worse things than race cars and such. This has given straight edge a bad rep in some communities, but that is bound to happen in every group of people. One bad apples spoils the bunch for some people.

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: