Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I don't doubt that whatever Dave did worked for him, but as far as a geberal statement, for everyone, drugs, not including medication, are bad. Our society would be better without drugs. Unfortunately, that will never happen. Prohibition proved that. So I (even being sXe) believe that certain drugs should be legal for in-home use, but that the penalties for using them and drive should be swift and severe. In other words, do what you want in your own home, or someone elses, but don't drive till you're sober.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
It sounds like a cult? Cause we decided not to drink or do drugs? Ok, that's you opinion. Except that the only things you really have to do to be straight edge are no alcohol, smoking, or drugs<--recreationally, medicine is ok, and the other thing is to claim it, by saying that you're straight edge.

You don't have to give your $$ away, You don't have to stop hanging out with ppl that drink and do drugs, You don't have to carve an "X" in anyones back....

If you have anymore questions, or comments just ask.
So Mormons are straight edge...?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
It sounds like a cult? Cause we decided not to drink or do drugs? Ok, that's you opinion. Except that the only things you really have to do to be straight edge are no alcohol, smoking, or drugs<--recreationally, medicine is ok, and the other thing is to claim it, by saying that you're straight edge.

You don't have to give your $$ away, You don't have to stop hanging out with ppl that drink and do drugs, You don't have to carve an "X" in anyones back....

If you have anymore questions, or comments just ask.
So Mormons are straight edge...?
See Bold....They can be, but not required. To be straight is a decision, not a consequence. No one can tell you that you're straight edge, you have to tell yourself.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

.... So I (even being sXe) believe that certain drugs should be legal for in-home use, but that the penalties for using them and drive should be swift and severe. In other words, do what you want in your own home, or someone elses, but don't drive till you're sober.
I can see a lot of people who feel like I do
I can see a lot of people who feel like I don't
I go on step lightly even when I'm heavy
High jump the slump open up fot eh Revy Horton Heat
Sweet what am I displayin' forgot what I was saying
I know I must be laying a pipe you got a gripe
With the way I get high
Graffix bong sing along with a cry of a
Mandatory sentence for a crime with no victim
When everyone knows jail terms should be picked in
Order of the pain that they cause
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Until you violate the rights of another
Respect the space of your sister and your brother
The war on drugs may be well intentioned
But it falls f***ing flat when you stop and mention
The overcrowded prisons where a rapists gets paroled
To make room for a dude who has sold
A pound of weed to me that's a crime
Here's to good people doin time y'all
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I don't think that violent criminals should be released so a dude with a gram can be locked up. I'm saying that holding won't be illegal, only that driving (ie putting other ppl in danger) would be very illegal.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

"very illegal" = heavy fine, and probation
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mormons were straight edge before straight edge was cool. But that doesn't mean you have to be a Mormon to be straight edge.

...point being NOTHING good comes out of drugs.

Uhm, negative.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Mormons were straight edge before straight edge was cool. But that doesn't mean you have to be a Mormon to be straight edge.

Uhm, negative.

Or straight edge to be Mormon.
But Mormons aren't all sXe, because you have to choose to be Straight Edge on top of any other desicion you've made, or that has been made for you.

If you think nothing good came out of drugs, do me a favor, go home take all your albums, tapes, cds, and burn'em. Cause the artists that made it, Real fukcin hig on drugs!
-Bill Hicks
I've never said that nothing good comes from drugs, I only have a few regrets from my doing drugs, but everything that happend and everything I did made me who I am so I wouldn't take any of it back, except maybe one or 2 things that we won't get into.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never said that nothing good comes from drugs,
Somebody earlier said:

{channeling chris rock}
Ok, we live in a society where drugs are illegal with 24 hour cash machines. Now I ask you, has anything positive ever come from 3am cash withdrawls?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

^^^And 24hr AutoZone, Now who in the fck is up working on their car after midnight, needing new parts that late??? Tweaker! My dad rebuilt the carb on an old VW Bug one night al spun as hell....Only a tweeker, or a guy doing (very) last min prep for a car show, would be up that late needing parts for there car. The car show guy would prolly have all the parts just need the time.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you straight edgers think medication drugs are ok, but recreational ones aren't? MDMA was a prescription only drug, lsd was used in intensive therapy. At no point did these doctors using/prescribing them say "they don't work better than anything else". No it's just people started using them recreationally and our christian government felt that morally wrong, and decided to stop it.

Anti-depressants i think do more harm than other drugs, because now a millions of the people out there are living life as a drone, and they aren't even getting high for it.

1 question for you sXe'rs
Why is inebriating yourself for fun bad?

Don't get dodge it, just answer somethig to the effect of "because my pastor said so" or something. But try and make it logical.

It's natural, there are many animals in nature that inebriate themselves, because it's enjoyable.

the whole sXe movement was started by underage kids, who instead of drinking and partying like most every other teenager, they decided they'd say "we're above all that anyway".

If someone told me, hey you can have the best sex in your life if you take this relatively harmless drug(lsd) with your wife/girlfriend, why wouldn't I want to try it at least once? Why wouldn't you sXe'rs? Because you think you know better without trying first? Because George Bush and our government know what's best for you?

If you guys have religious convictions like mormons just say so. (who are some real sXe'rs...no drink, no drugs, no chocolate, no caffeine)

But are there atheist sXe'rs that you guys actually know(not heard about or read about)? If so, are they really into lucid dreaming and astral projection?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But are there atheist sXe'rs that you guys actually know(not heard about or read about)?
Uhm, yes. The world isn't divided into neat little stereotypes that make it easy to classify everyone. True, stereotypes are there because a lot of folks in any group closely match a given stereotype to that group, but a very large portion of the time the "exceptions" to the rule are a much greater sub group than a simple random anomolly.

I first heard of sXe back in 1994 when we hired a few friends that just moved into Austin from Dallas. They were into the punk scene, music, and sXe. Only one of the 3 was a church type (although not a very good one), the other 2 +1 (later a 4th friend moved down) were all atheists. BTW, one of the guys was a tall lanky goofy looking fella that could straight up rock the bass. This guy was un-flipplin-believable. If he was in your band, you would feature the bass, yes, he is that good.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you know an atheist, that is sXe, that is fine dying not having tried everything and living life to the fullest?

Are you sure he's no agnostic? or just not religious? Weird if he is, I'd love to talk with them to understand.

It's weird how you guys listen to punk music, which is (or apparently was) all based upon rebellion, not conforming to the rest of society and free thinking. But I guess there's christian punk music too. I am in love with music, but for me there's been like 4 good punk bands(sex pistols, misfits, ramones, noFx) and each one of them would think sXe'rs are the opposite of what they were about. They are the quintessential punk, are they not?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Clarifications:

- I am not into punk, they were.

- I said they were into punk, not christian punk. NOFX was their favorite band. Can't recall their other fav, but if I saw the name, I'd recognize it.

- One was flat out atheist, one was flat out christian, the other two were just in the middle.

- btw, the one that was flat out christian, banged the flat out atheist's g/f one weekend while he was in Dallas visiting his parents. That sort of broke up the group, and I haven't been in contact in over 10 years. Who knows, maybe they're all peddling kidding **** and cotton candy by now, but doubt it.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I was straight edge I was an atheist one. I'm still an atheist, now I enjoy a drink with dinner now and again(mostly with family).
Old 02-15-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Read bold in quote, I have too many problems with this to quote everything.
Originally Posted by seattledave
Why do you straight edgers think medication drugs are ok, but recreational ones aren't? MDMA was a prescription only drug, lsd was used in intensive therapy. At no point did these doctors using/prescribing them say "they don't work better than anything else". No it's just people started using them recreationally and our christian government felt that morally wrong, and decided to stop it. So, Anti-depressants are the only medication, huh? What about antibiotics? and other life saving "wonder" drugs? I myself have to take, on average, about $4000 in drugs every month, to survive, I'm sick, I have a cronic lung problem (not weed )

Anti-depressants i think do more harm than other drugs, because now a millions of the people out there are living life as a drone, and they aren't even getting high for it.
I couldn't agree more, I stopped taking mine because it wasn't helping at all, and I feel better w/o them.

Don't get dodge it, just answer somethig to the effect of "because my pastor said so" or something. But try and make it logical.
FUKC YOU! you're calling us narrowminded?? You think that because Right-wing A-holes like the president are against drugs, and so are sXe'ers that we believe all the same things? I choose not to drugs because I don't want to be a slave to anything, and I've seen many lives and families ruined by drugs and alcohol. I myself am a (non-practicing) alcoholic <---that is why I don't drink.
It's natural, there are many animals in nature that inebriate themselves, because it's enjoyable.

the whole sXe movement was started by underage kids, who instead of drinking and partying like most every other teenager, they decided they'd say "we're above all that anyway".

If someone told me, hey you can have the best sex in your life if you take this relatively harmless drug(lsd) with your wife/girlfriend, why wouldn't I want to try it at least once? Why wouldn't you sXe'rs? Because you think you know better without trying first? Because George Bush and our government know what's best for you?
Most sXe'ers that I know, used to be/are recovering, addicts myself included. And I don't need drugs to have life-changing sex. George Bush is a MORON!

If you guys have religious convictions like mormons just say so. (who are some real sXe'rs...no drink, no drugs, no chocolate, no caffeine)No, they aren't, Straight Edge is. a. CHOICE. I've already said this a few times in this thread. You MUST choose to be Straight Edge if you happen to be Mormon, Buddist, Muslim, Christian, Agnostic, Athiest, or w/e it doesn't matter. The only requirements for being "Edge" are not doing any drugs recreationally, and that you claim it by saying that you are Straight Edge.

But are there atheist sXe'rs that you guys actually know(not heard about or read about)? If so, are they really into lucid dreaming and astral projection?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Same as my last post.
So you know an atheist, that is sXe, that is fine dying not having tried everything and living life to the fullest? How can you live life to the fullest if you don't even know what is real and what isn't? Or if you get so drunk/high that you can't remember what happend the night before, I've had too many mornings like that.

Are you sure he's no agnostic? or just not religious? Weird if he is, I'd love to talk with them to understand. Why is that weird?

It's weird how you guys listen to punk music, which is (or apparently was) all based upon rebellion, not conforming to the rest of society and free thinking. But I guess there's christian punk music too. I am in love with music, but for me there's been like 4 good punk bands(sex pistols, misfits, ramones, noFx) and each one of them would think sXe'rs are the opposite of what they were about. How can you know, How can you say what they think? They are the quintessential punk, are they not?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FUKC YOU! you're calling us narrowminded?? You think that because Right-wing A-holes like the president are against drugs, and so are sXe'ers that we believe all the same things? I choose not to drugs because I don't want to be a slave to anything, and I've seen many lives and families ruined by drugs and alcohol. I myself am a (non-practicing) alcoholic <---that is why I don't drink.
Ok, so you don't want to be a slave to anything, I guess you don't have a religion then, huh?
Are you saying you are weak willed?
Drug use does equal automatic slave, right? I mean me and you both know people who do addicting and non-addicting drugs that aren't enslaved by them, right?
If you don't do drugs, because you can't trust yourself to use and not abuse, ok, say that. Say, "I can't handle it myself, i have an incredibley addicting personality, that's why i can't do them." That we all can respect.

We've all seen more lives ruined by religion than anything else, i think we should ban that.

but again the question remains, "Why is inebriating yourself for fun bad?"
Is it because some people can't handle it themselves, so everyone is punished?

And I don't need drugs to have life-changing sex.
maybe not, but what if sex was better on it? would you know? why would you not want to experience something better than you've had all before you die? I'm a monogamous person, been married, 5 years? been with the same woman for 8(at an 27 you know that's pretty good), so i don't endorse just ******* every woman you can. But if you and you're woman(or man, i'm not sure what you sXe'rs are into) could have a closer experience than you've ever had, why not?

If you guys have religious convictions like mormons just say so. (who are some real sXe'rs...no drink, no drugs, no chocolate, no caffeine)No, they aren't, Straight Edge is. a. CHOICE. I've already said this a few times in this thread. You MUST choose to be Straight Edge if you happen to be Mormon, Buddist, Muslim, Christian, Agnostic, Athiest, or w/e it doesn't matter. The only requirements for being "Edge" are not doing any drugs recreationally, and that you claim it by saying that you are Straight Edge.
Well, then mormons are "edge" plus some, because they choose(or are brainwashed, whatever) to not drink, no drugs, no chocolate, no caffeine, etc... just like you sXe'rs. that's all i'm saying.

How can you live life to the fullest if you don't even know what is real and what isn't? Or if you get so drunk/high that you can't remember what happend the night before, I've had too many mornings like that.
you're sounding like a after school special. I've taken LOTS of acid, the strongest proponent that would cause you to not know what's real and what isn't. NEVER have i been unsure of what is real and what isn't, except in my dreams, like everyone else. Again, some people can handle inebriates, apparently you can't, so i'm not sure you qualify as someone who's made a normal decision to not do inebriates. sound like you know you can't handle them, and don't do them because of that reason. NEVER have I been so drunk, and i have been drunk, to not know what happened the night before. You know those dumbasses that say "Baby, i'm sorry i slept with your sister, i was too drunk to remember anything". I say that's total b.s. or that person is trully mentally handicapped.

It's weird how you guys listen to punk music, which is (or apparently was) all based upon rebellion, not conforming to the rest of society and free thinking. But I guess there's christian punk music too. I am in love with music, but for me there's been like 4 good punk bands(sex pistols, misfits, ramones, noFx) and each one of them would think sXe'rs are the opposite of what they were about. How can you know, How can you say what they think?
Should I start posting the hundreds or thousands of lyrics(from just those 4 bands) of their opposition to the anti-drug establishment? Or maybe band interviews?

Come on, we both know how the "real" punks from those bands think abuot drugs, no?

Who really thinks Sex pistols didn't do and endorse drugs? or glenn danzig and the misfits? or any of the ramones? come on, be real.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Ok, so you don't want to be a slave to anything, I guess you don't have a religion then, huh? No, I don't
Are you saying you are weak willed? I guess I am, but I'm strong enough not to give-in to the semi constant "peer" pressure of TV and other society that says Taking drugs is cool, it's okay (Music, movies) but don't do drugs they're bad for you ("After School Specials")
Drug use does equal automatic slave, right? No, it doesn't I mean me and you both know people who do addicting and non-addicting drugs that aren't enslaved by them, right? you are the exception to the rule, most ppl that do "hard" drugs (Acid, LSD (pure), Coke, Speed, Heroin, E ('cause most can't find pure MDMA <---SOOO damn fun, and easy to control) do get addicted or have some bad side effect. The reason I have never done acid is because I'm afreaid. I have too many mental "problems" to trust myself to take acid.
If you don't do drugs, because you can't trust yourself to use and not abuse, ok, say that. Say, "I can't handle it myself, i have an incredibley addicting personality, that's why i can't do them." That we all can respect.[b] My family's AA history is only one reason that I don't drink or do drugs. Mostly, like I have said before in this thread, the reason I don't drink can be summed up by watching just about any ep. of Real World, and also Look on YouTube for "Ripsy" from the show "Bad Girls Club" I don't know how many times I've seen ppl get all drunk and wanna fight over a joke that didn't even go too far.[b]

We've all seen more lives ruined by religion than anything else, i think we should ban that. You're right, I think faith is very important, but religion isn't that important to faith.

but again the question remains, "Why is inebriating yourself for fun bad?"
Is it because some people can't handle it themselves, so everyone is punished?
To answer your question, Go at it, have fun, I don't care what you do. Don't try to get me to drink or w/e and I won't try to forceably stop you.

And I don't need drugs to have life-changing sex.
maybe not, but what if sex was better on it? I've a lot of sex drunk and high, and didn't like it that much. I've had some sex on speed, but that was just boring after a few hours and still not "comming to a conclusion" would you know? why would you not want to experience something better than you've had all before you die? you and I are differnt, all the drugs I've done have inhibited memory, and I like to remember sex. I'm a monogamous person, been married, 5 years? been with the same woman for 8(at an 27 you know that's pretty good) I'm engaged also, so there is no sarcasm at all congrats on a long relationship, so i don't endorse just ******* every woman you can. But if you and you're woman(or man, i'm not sure what you sXe'rs are into[b] just like every other "group" sXe'ers are straight, ___, bi, transexual, transgender..whatever, we don't exclude for any sexual or idiological (sp) I bet there are even child molesters that are sXe, but just because one person that believes something is one way, that mean a damn thing about the rest of them*) could have a closer experience than you've ever had, why not? My Fiance has never done drugs (aside from drinking and cigs) and I would never want her to, unless it was PURE MDMA and I did it with her as a guide. If we happened to have sex in that instance so be it, I'm sure it would be wonderfull, but I don't want to do drugs, and my chances of finding pures are slim to none.

Well, then mormons are "edge" plus some, because they choose(or are brainwashed, whatever) to not drink, no drugs, no chocolate, no caffeine, etc... just like you sXe'rs. that's all i'm saying. Again, You have to Choose to be Straight Edge, you have to decide to call youreself Straight Edge, you can't "fall into it" You can't just "be" straight edge and not know it.

How can you live life to the fullest if you don't even know what is real and what isn't? Or if you get so drunk/high that you can't remember what happend the night before, I've had too many mornings like that.
you're sounding like a after school special. I've taken LOTS of acid, the strongest proponent that would cause you to not know what's real and what isn't. NEVER have i been unsure of what is real and what isn't, except in my dreams, like everyone else. Again, some people can handle inebriates, apparently you can't, so i'm not sure you qualify as someone who's made a normal decision to not do inebriates. sound like you know you can't handle them, and don't do them because of that reason. NEVER have I been so drunk, and i have been drunk, to not know what happened the night before. You know those dumbasses that say "Baby, i'm sorry i slept with your sister, i was too drunk to remember anything". I say that's total b.s. or that person is trully mentally handicapped. [b]You and I agree about those dumbasses for different reasons, kinda, I don't accept being drunk as an excuse for anything. Maybe I can't hadle my tihs, but I knew a lot of ppl that didn't let that stop them from doing them, I did let it stop me. I'm glad we all have free will, so I can't force you to live like I do.

It's weird how you guys listen to punk music, which is (or apparently was) all based upon rebellion, not conforming to the rest of society and free thinking. But I guess there's christian punk music too. I am in love with music, but for me there's been like 4 good punk bands(sex pistols, misfits, ramones, noFx) and each one of them would think sXe'rs are the opposite of what they were about. How can you know, How can you say what they think?
Should I start posting the hundreds or thousands of lyrics(from just those 4 bands) of their opposition to the anti-drug establishment? Or maybe band interviews?
"How can you know, how can you say what MY best interests are? When I went to you schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facilities"
-Mike Muir, Suicidal Tendancies
Come on, we both know how the "real" punks from those bands think abuot drugs, no?
[b]I don't really care what anybody thinks about my not doing drugs. I did it for me and my future family because I don't want anything to interfere with my raising my children.[b]
Who really thinks Sex pistols didn't do and endorse drugs? or glenn danzig and the misfits? or any of the ramones? come on, be real.
*I really enjoy this "debate" we are in. You aren't like most of the acid freaks, and E-tards (<--I used to be one) that I have met, they couldn't make coherent(sp?) arguments if their life depended on it. But you are really making me think, Thank you. BTW I wish you, your wife, and you child(ren) all the best! Sorry about losing my cool with the "FUKC YOU" comment.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are the exception to the rule, most ppl that do "hard" drugs (Acid, LSD (pure), Coke, Speed, Heroin, E ('cause most can't find pure MDMA <---SOOO damn fun, and easy to control) do get addicted or have some bad side effect.
This is a myth. Most people do notget addicted. With the exception of Heroin and Speed, all of those drugs are psychologically addicting, not physical. There are many many many more social users than you realize, and I do believe that most of the people that do hook themselves on E and coke get hooked on a lifestyle lots more than a drug.

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: