Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are the exception to the rule, most ppl that do "hard" drugs (Acid, LSD (pure), Coke, Speed, Heroin, E ('cause most can't find pure MDMA <---SOOO damn fun, and easy to control) do get addicted or have some bad side effect.
This is a myth. Most people do notget addicted. With the exception of Heroin and Speed, all of those drugs are psychologically addicting, not physical. There are many many many more social users than you realize, and I do believe that most of the people that do hook themselves on E and coke get hooked on a lifestyle lots more than a drug.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate how this had to go from a general query, to an informative thread to some people who want to know more about this, to an argument about drugs.

You wanna do drugs, go right ahead. Tap the vein, hit the pipe whatever. The people that CHOOSE to do so are more than welcomed to. Some people also CHOOSE to not do these and call themselves straight edge. There is no religion involved so stop bringing it up. Sure you can be a religious person and be straight edge, just like you can be religious and not be straight edge. This thread wasn't intended to be a "holier than thou" kinda deal. The OP wanted to know who else was sXe on here and that is it. There is no reason to fuel a fire of ignorant arguments about what drugs do what and all that. You wanna talk about drugs? Make a thread about it. Wanna talk about religion? Post away...in the proper thread.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
I hate how this had to go from a general query, to an informative thread to some people who want to know more about this, to an argument about drugs.

You wanna do drugs, go right ahead. Tap the vein, hit the pipe whatever. The people that CHOOSE to do so are more than welcomed to. Some people also CHOOSE to not do these and call themselves straight edge. There is no religion involved so stop bringing it up. Sure you can be a religious person and be straight edge, just like you can be religious and not be straight edge. This thread wasn't intended to be a "holier than thou" kinda deal. The OP wanted to know who else was sXe on here and that is it. There is no reason to fuel a fire of ignorant arguments about what drugs do what and all that. You wanna talk about drugs? Make a thread about it. Wanna talk about religion? Post away...in the proper thread.
Thank you...So anyone else here sXe?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

There is a new thread here
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...313786#2313786
Like I say in that one, if you want to have a debate, please leave it here, and keep the new one as a roll call.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
There is a new thread here
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...313786#2313786
Like I say in that one, if you want to have a debate, please leave it here, and keep the new one as a roll call.
Sorry 'bout helpin' to take your thread off topic...I must've been stoned or somethin'.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Man, I don't even really care, except for one attack that was below the belt, (something about me sleeping with men, cause he doesn't know what sXe'ers are into, or something) that was a great debate...I would like to see what other XscionXownersX there are on this site. So my new thread is a roll call, or if anyone is interested in sXe, not about bashing it tho.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the ___ comment was after the always mature "**** you".

learn to use innuedo and language to put people down, it'll increase your vocabulary at minimum. If you get into an argument/debate or even a verbal fight and you get stumped and you have to resort to "**** you" or "your momma", you've lost.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

^^Fair enough...I appologized for my comment, and already wished I hadn't made it.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me get this straight. (No pun intended)

Dave is all about using Illegal drugs regardless of what they have done to the majority of the world not just us American that are some how “controlled' by the government, that is poorly educated and has no right leading us along. In reference to the Bush hack I have a question he is the one president responsible for not allowing drugs that kill people to be legal? So what you choose to believe stipulations that help support your cause but people die every day in drug related incidents. This is not to say that your choices are wrong but society as a whole cannot handle heavy drugs safely

As for Stand Strong
Are you saying that Mormons don’t choose to be Mormon; or even choose to put away the things that have been proven to cause ill effects? If you are saying that do some research on your own and don’t rely on the things you hear on the street pertaining to any one personal belief.

I have nothing against the straight edgers that are all for helping each other out, I see it as one large AA group they are out their trying to help each other stay away from the things that they no longer want to have a part of., but along with you I am against those out right morons I reffer to as the enforcers of condoneing ;by force; to their belifes.

I think if it helps keep doing what your doing and help the man out of the hole instead of scourning him for falling into it
Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by I-Fly-High
Let me get this straight. (No pun intended)

Dave is all about using Illegal drugs regardless of what they have done to the majority of the world not just us American that are some how “controlled' by the government, that is poorly educated and has no right leading us along. In reference to the Bush hack I have a question he is the one president responsible for not allowing drugs that kill people to be legal? So what you choose to believe stipulations that help support your cause but people die every day in drug related incidents. This is not to say that your choices are wrong but society as a whole cannot handle heavy drugs safely

As for Stand Strong
Are you saying that Mormons don’t choose to be Mormon; or even choose to put away the things that have been proven to cause ill effects? If you are saying that do some research on your own and don’t rely on the things you hear on the street pertaining to any one personal belief.

I have nothing against the straight edgers that are all for helping each other out, I see it as one large AA group they are out their trying to help each other stay away from the things that they no longer want to have a part of., but along with you I am against those out right morons I reffer to as the enforcers of condoneing ;by force; to their belifes.

I think if it helps keep doing what your doing and help the man out of the hole instead of scourning him for falling into it
^^^ Great line, I love that!
I'm not sying anything about being Mormon or not being Mormon, all I was saying is, just because you don't drink, smoke, do drugs, doesn't mean you are Straight Edge. Just like no one can tell you that you are Mormon and make it true, no one can tell you that you are sXe, you have to choose it for yourself. But, in the case of religion, when you are growing up (before you can make your own decisions) you parents can tell you what you are, and it's up to you to decide if that's right for you or if you want to choose a different religion, or no religion at all.

To say what I was saying in previous posts more clearly: Just because you are Mormon (Don't drink, smoke, take drugs* etc.) does not mean that you are straight edge, as Straight Edge is a choice. You have to say that you are Straight Edge, along with doing/ not doing all the things that go along with it (see above*) to be straight edge.

(the CAPs are Random and Mean Nothing, please don't aske why it's CAP sometimes and not others, that's just how I type.)
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

^^^And 24hr AutoZone, Now who in the fck is up working on their car after midnight, needing new parts that late??? Tweaker! My dad rebuilt the carb on an old VW Bug one night al spun as hell....Only a tweeker, or a guy doing (very) last min prep for a car show, would be up that late needing parts for there car. The car show guy would prolly have all the parts just need the time.
hey hey hey . 24 hour car parts places are great. wish they were still around here. I'm a night person so i'd love to be able to buy last minute parts at 12am-3am instead of having to wait till 12pm or 1pm the next day .
Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

^^^Fair enough.. Sorry you were offended
Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but people die every day in drug related incidents.
And do you really think that's the reason they are illegal? Because, it's not even a top reason why people die:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 654,092

Cancer: 550,270

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,147

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 123,884

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 108,694

Diabetes: 72,815

Alzheimer's disease: 65,829

Influenza/Pneumonia: 61,472

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 42,762

Septicemia: 33,464

Centers for Disease Control.

There are other reasons why they are illegal (btw, never ever been a single case of THC overdose, ever), but that's not really why.

Don't get me wrong, drugs are not healthy for you, but neither is drinking, smoking, eating fried cheesecake, or gaining 10 pounds in a single sitting at Golden Coral feed trough. However, the hyper inflated profits which are a direct result of their illegal status, are the real travisty and real reason so many lives are ruined. Do you really think coke costs $100/gram? Please, in Peru you get it pure for $5/gram. Multiply $100 times 1000 (a single kilo) and then multiply that by 1000 (number of kilos on a single shipment) and you'll start to get the picture.

Pablo Escabar use to right off 10% of his cash due to deteriation and rats eating it. He had so much cash that part of it was becomming a burden. Do you think he'd have had just 1/5 of that fortune if it weren't for the war on drugs? Negative.

Drugs aren't healthy, but prohibition is 1000 times worse. People aren't dying because of the drugs nearly as fast as people are dying because the drugs being illegal. When's the last time you heard about Augustus Bush and Peter Coors waging a war over turf?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Just because you are Mormon (Don't drink, smoke, take drugs* etc.) does not mean that you are straight edge, as Straight Edge is a choice. You have to say that you are Straight Edge, along with doing/ not doing all the things that go along with it (see above*) to be straight edge. "

ok, so the only difference between a Mormon who CHOOSES to do the exact same thing as Straight Edgers and Straight Edgers themselves is that Straight Edgers call themselves Straight Edgers and Mormons do not? seriously?
____

& pot is mainly illegal now, because hemp is illegal(almost totally)

if hemp, a plant that doesn't get smoked or get people high were made legal, the entire paper & cotton industry would collapse.

Ask any farmer how harsh cotton growing is on soil. It strips out near every nutrient out and you get a very small yield for doing so. You have to rotate crops, and it's one of the harddest crops to process from in the ground to usable for goods.

Hemp on the other hand, is one of the easiest crops to process, does not need to be rotated, does not take hardly anything out of the ground, and grows faster and nearly the entire plant is usable in paper and clothing production. And comparing hemp to trees that get cut for lumber, you get 4 times more yield per acre of hemp for paper than any tree. and again, you can only imagine how much harder it is to cut down a tree and transport it to a mill compared to hemp?

Sound like some cracked up conspiracy, huh? go look it up. Our government gets huge amounts of money from these paper, wood, and cotton companies that have been around for almost 200 years. Tons of money flows from lobbyists to keep this the way it is.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
"Just because you are Mormon (Don't drink, smoke, take drugs* etc.) does not mean that you are straight edge, as Straight Edge is a choice. You have to say that you are Straight Edge, along with doing/ not doing all the things that go along with it (see above*) to be straight edge. "

ok, so the only difference between a Mormon who CHOOSES to do the exact same thing as Straight Edgers and Straight Edgers themselves is that Straight Edgers call themselves Straight Edgers and Mormons do not? seriously?
<snip>
Yeah, asside from religious differences that may or may not be there.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<snip>
Cool, so if someone ever asks me what a true straight edger is, I can say "Just like Mormons, except without joseph smith and the golden tablets"

Niiiice. I can see why someone would want to be apart of that.

All the rules and restraints of a religion, but without the salvation. sounds like a deal.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

<snip>
& pot is mainly illegal now, because hemp is illegal(almost totally)

if hemp, a plant that doesn't get smoked or get people high were made legal, the entire paper & cotton industry would collapse.

Ask any farmer how harsh cotton growing is on soil. It strips out near every nutrient out and you get a very small yield for doing so. You have to rotate crops, and it's one of the harddest crops to process from in the ground to usable for goods.

Hemp on the other hand, is one of the easiest crops to process, does not need to be rotated, does not take hardly anything out of the ground, and grows faster and nearly the entire plant is usable in paper and clothing production. And comparing hemp to trees that get cut for lumber, you get 4 times more yield per acre of hemp for paper than any tree. and again, you can only imagine how much harder it is to cut down a tree and transport it to a mill compared to hemp?

Sound like some cracked up conspiracy, huh? go look it up. Our government gets huge amounts of money from these paper, wood, and cotton companies that have been around for almost 200 years. Tons of money flows from lobbyists to keep this the way it is.
Now you're not even talking aobut the same thing.
Nobody on here has said that cotton is better than hemp. When did this become a cotton vs hemp debate?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

<snip>
Cool, so if someone ever asks me what a true straight edger is, I can say "Just like Mormons, except without joseph smith and the golden tablets"

All the rules and restraints of a religion, but without the salvation. sounds like a deal.
So what? are you for religion or against it? cause you spent a whole post bashing it, and now you're saying that being sXe is stupid because it's not a religion. make up your mind.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nobody on here has said that cotton is better than hemp. When did this become a cotton vs hemp debate?
It didn't. It's being contorted into a legalization debate now.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<snip>

So what? are you for religion or against it? cause you spent a whole post bashing it, and now you're saying that being sXe is stupid because it's not a religion.
O, I'm totally against religion, I'm sure you know that.
But you know how religion forces people to live by a certain code, give up "earthly pleasures" because people some 2000 years ago thought that's the way they shuold live? Well at least they're doing it for Eternal life and salvation of their soul. I can sorta respect that, give up having fun now, for superpowers and no negative feelings or emotions after you die. I can see the draw for people.

Straight Edger's are giving up things that are fun and pleasurable, for...well because..."just cause"?

It does seem like some religion without any real benefit, except for the peace of mind that comes from feeling like your smarter/better than everyone else for living your life "right".

So, how do straight edgers feel about premartial sex?
Driving illegally over the speed limit?
Killing innocent civilians in wars?
Do straight edgers think when the world ends, it's going to be their group of people versus everyone else in some grand war, like christians and muslims do?

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: