Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Nobody on here has said that cotton is better than hemp. When did this become a cotton vs hemp debate?
It didn't. It's being contorted into a legalization debate now.
Sorry, you had brought up why/why not drugs were illegal, thought I'd add to it.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Nobody on here has said that cotton is better than hemp. When did this become a cotton vs hemp debate?
It didn't. It's being contorted into a legalization debate now.
Sorry, you had brought up why/why not drugs were illegal, thought I'd add to it.
No big, I just took issue with what the pilot said. That whole "just say no" Nancy Reagan way of thinknig really grates my cheese.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
"Just because you are Mormon (Don't drink, smoke, take drugs* etc.) does not mean that you are straight edge, as Straight Edge is a choice. You have to say that you are Straight Edge, along with doing/ not doing all the things that go along with it (see above*) to be straight edge. "

ok, so the only difference between a Mormon who CHOOSES to do the exact same thing as Straight Edgers and Straight Edgers themselves is that Straight Edgers call themselves Straight Edgers and Mormons do not? seriously?
<snip>
Yeah, asside from religious differences that may or may not be there.
Cool, so if someone ever asks me what a true straight edger is, I can say "Just like Mormons, except without joseph smith and the golden tablets"

Niiiice. I can see why someone would want to be apart of that.

All the rules and restraints of a religion, but without the salvation. sounds like a deal.
So what? are you for religion or against it? cause you spent a whole post bashing it, and now you're saying that being sXe is stupid because it's not a religion.
O, I'm totally against religion, I'm sure you know that.
But you know how religion forces people to live by a certain code, give up "earthly pleasures" because people some 2000 years ago thought that's the way they shuold live? Well at least they're doing it for Eternal life and salvation of their soul. I can sorta respect that, give up having fun now, for superpowers and no negative feelings or emotions after you die. I can see the draw for people.

Straight Edger's are giving up things that are fun and pleasurable, for...well because..."just cause"?

It does seem like some religion without any real benefit, except for the peace of mind that comes from feeling like your smarter/better than everyone else for living your life "right".

So, how do straight edgers feel about premartial sex?***1***
Driving illegally over the speed limit?***2***
Killing innocent civilians in wars?***3***
Do straight edgers think when the world ends, it's going to be their group of people versus everyone else in some grand war, like christians and muslims do?***4***
1: No problems with it, one of the beliefs is against promiscuity, nothing against premarital tho.
2,3,4: They are for, against and have no opinion about those things. the same as anyother group. How do college students feel about killing innocents, and speeding? Do they think that it's college students against janitors? There is no answer for these questions. There is no belief other than anti drug use to be straight edge, you can be any religion or no religion, you can belong to a cult, you can be a priest or prostitute, IT DOESN'T MATTER. How many times do I have to say that, and in how many ways???
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no belief other than anti drug use to be straight edge, you can be any religion or no religion, you can belong to a cult, you can be a priest or prostitute, IT DOESN'T MATTER. How many times do I have to say that, and in how many ways???
So I can't be rastafarian and straight edge then, huh? So it seem I can't be any religion and straight edge, right?

So one can only be of certain religions and be "straight edge". It seems to be, straight edge is actually "we follow certain strict christian guidelines, because that's the society we're brought up in". Straight edge is kind of a religious-based, strict dietary group.

I'm sorry, hopefully places like wikipedia are mis-informed, because as it reads there, the whole straight edge movement based upon a group of judeo-christian raised kids who couldn't drink in the bars they were playing in, so they said "you know what, we're against alcohol anyway(like they had a choice) so we don't care and we're going to start a trend of this attitude" seems reaaally stupid.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stand, at this point, I think it's safe to bet that beating your head into a concrete wall would be more productive.

and less painfull.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Dave: I know a sxe rastafarian. he doesn't smoke. and you must have misread the wikipedia, because I read the whole artical, and more when I was preparing a speech on the subject, and nowhere did I read the term "Judeo-Christian"

PCFL: Considering dave's narrowmindedness, I think you may be right, that would be more productive.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dave: I know a sxe rastafarian. he doesn't smoke. and you must have misread the wikipedia, because I read the whole artical, and more when I was preparing a speech on the subject, and nowhere did I read the term "Judeo-Christian"

PCFL: Considering dave's narrowmindedness, I think you may be right, that would be more productive.
Yes, if yo udo a search for "judeo-christian" on that page, you won't find it, ubt it doesn't mean it isn't a core reason for straightedgness.
ok, where did these kids come up with their ideas of non-promiscuity? that little band that started it all, weren't of age that they just tore through bunches of women and realised after a while, what they were doing was wrong. No they got it from society. Just like anyone who says "I believe in god, but not christianity". Ok, so where'd you get the idea of a god? o the bible or your parents that got it from the bible? You took a preexisting religion that you don't really respect, stripped out what you didn't like and made a new belief structure out of it, and you really believe that's the one true thought? seriously, you just made that up. and I do put every agnostic and christian(because not one i've met believes in what the bible says 100%) in this category.

or their anti drug stance? they didn't try every drug imaginable, for experimentation purposes and then came to informed and experienced conclusions that they shuld not be in their lives.

they got those ideas from the religious based society they were brought up in(i.e. america)

Many of my beliefs now, are a by-product of how i was raised. I believe in monogamy, but for different reasons than abiding by god's law, and supporting and man/woman/child relationship that is the only normal one according to the bible.

and drug use, I don't deny that I enjoy myself on certain drugs like straightedgers do.
You, a "straight edger" honestly if you smoked some pot with just you and your dad or your best friend, or grandpa and you hung out on the porch and talked politics or music or whatever for an hour or more, would you not have a MORE fun/good time, than you would have, had you not? I argue that you would, but sure you can enjoy b.s.ing about cars or movies not stoned, and i do too, but to then also chit-chat while stoned you're going to have a fun/enjoyable time that will be different than a non-stoned conversation. that's 2 experiences of fun. I won't argue that one is more enjoyable than the other, but again, that's 2 experiences versus 1.

and i can only ask you to actually try it now, and answer honestly.
and i know your answer may be "been there, done that", but is your life over? you did somethine enjoyable once or even 100 times, so is that it for your lifetime?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that potheads are among the most annoying people I know.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

^^^Fair enough.. Sorry you were offended
nah I was just being an ****. I do believe all establishments should be 24 hours. then there'd be hardly any unemployed people and night people like me could get jhust about anything I want at any time convenience at last!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that potheads are among the most annoying people I know.
looks like you won the debate
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i wasn't trying to win anything .

but your hard headded attitude and the distance that this debate is NOT moving forward just reaffirmed my thoughts that each and every pothead i've ever met , came into contact with , hung out with , been good friends is annoying as all hell. both high and sober. and much more annoying when high.

I just want to slap my friends whenever theyre high. but I refrain.

oh and you spoke of weed alone not ruining a life. well i've got a buddy makes about 3 grand a month working construction. he can't pay his rent , insurance , buy food etc all because all he does ALL day long is smoke weed.
wake n bake , on his way to work , driving home , at work , on lunch , soon as he gets home , every damned 15 minutes .

so his money is all gone and he's quite a loser all because of JUST weed.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He's not a loser because of smoking weed, he's just a loser who happens to smoke too much weed. There are plenty of productive members of society who bake on a regular.

My bet is if you took the weed away, he'd find something else stupid to spend his money and waste his time on.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i know there are tona that bake regularly. but he bakes nonstop......

i;m sure if he never smoked weed he'd never be smoking it all day long! thus turning him into a loser.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but your hard headded attitude and the distance that this debate is NOT moving forward just reaffirmed my thoughts that each and every pothead i've ever met , came into contact with , hung out with , been good friends is annoying as all hell. both high and sober. and much more annoying when high.

oh and you spoke of weed alone not ruining a life. well i've got a buddy makes about 3 grand a month working construction. he can't pay his rent , insurance , buy food etc all because all he does ALL day long is smoke weed.
wake n bake , on his way to work , driving home , at work , on lunch , soon as he gets home , every damned 15 minutes .

wow, so he spends 3 grand on weed a month. crazy i've never heard of anyone spend that kind of money on weed. that's about 1/2-3/4 pound of good-great pot (i know cali prices are about the same as up here), let's say he's getting ripped off and just getting a half a pound.
that 8 ounces, that's 2 ounces a week. so he smokes more than a quarter and a half of weed a day. Sorry not buying it.

at most, he's spending at most 1000 a month, if he's a hardcore dumbass that almost literally breathes smoke.

I smoke everyday. spend about <$120 a month for me and my woman and any friend that comes by. Sure I smoke less than alot of people, but if you want to feel a buzz everyday, you should know better than to smoke for fun or cuz it tastes good.

No, it's not the weed that makes him a loser, it's his stupidity. and since he's your buddy, and now after checking out your myspace, all i can is "birds of a feather..."
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My two cents:

All drugs are bad, including caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and sugar (yes I said sugar….it is a drug). Some illegal drugs are less harmful than some legal ones.
I think drugs should be legalized, taxed and regulated. Let the lesser citizens kill themselves with them and evolutionarily weed themselves out of the reproduction chain.

The war on drugs cannot be won.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wow, so he spends 3 grand on weed a month. crazy i've never heard of anyone spend that kind of money on weed. that's about 1/2-3/4 pound of good-great pot (i know cali prices are about the same as up here), let's say he's getting ripped off and just getting a half a pound.
that 8 ounces, that's 2 ounces a week. so he smokes more than a quarter and a half of weed a day. Sorry not buying it.

at most, he's spending at most 1000 a month, if he's a hardcore dumbass that almost literally breathes smoke.

I smoke everyday. spend about <$120 a month for me and my woman and any friend that comes by. Sure I smoke less than alot of people, but if you want to feel a buzz everyday, you should know better than to smoke for fun or cuz it tastes good.

No, it's not the weed that makes him a loser, it's his stupidity. and since he's your buddy, and now after checking out your myspace, all i can is "birds of a feather..."
oh wow. and now with personal insults. good job man. at least i'm not advocating everyone to go out and try multiple illicit drugs .

do what you want man. attack me if you like it's all good.

i know he makes 3 grand a month and I know the only drug he does is weed and I know he cant afford to pay his bills . I don't know how much he spends on weed but I know he literally smokes all day long. all day every day .

oh and considering you do drugs very very often and your wife hits you I have a feeling the child that you love the most is going to have a hard time in the long run. I hope to everything that no cop gets called to your house or you will both lose your son.

that's not being mean that's being real.

i know if I had a child and i previously used drugs I'd "clean my act up" once i was bringing another human into this world that will look up to me.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

well before I get another nasty reply/attack , session of namecalling i will apologize. but I am just giving my opinion and am not trying to put anyone down.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what is straight edged exactly?

i dont smoke, drink, or do anything like that.. does that mean im strait edge?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if you claim to be straightedge then yes you would be considered straight edge.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ooo.

i always thought strait edge was like, if you dressed all punk and stuff like that.

thanks for the simple answer, i didnt want to read all 7 pages!!

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: