Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: What would you pick?
RSX Type-S
55.81%
tC
44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

*RSX-S or tC*

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
s2k is awesome. in every way.

but anyway, as it was said before, if you have the money, go for rsx-s. if not, tc.
...even interior room?
and cargo space!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
yeah no i pretty mcuh hated everything about it. i;ve always hated vtec.......

and putting that in a bigger heavier car makes me hate it more.

i'm not that big but 5'10 and i'm totally cramped. anything more than 15 minutes and it was torture. and no i;m not fat either. well a tiny bit . at about 180.
firstly, its not heavy. especially compared to our cars.

secondly, vtec is a pretty nice feature. if you have a dislike for it, you are openly proclaiming your ignorance and prejudice from the bandwagon.

the seats were quite supportive and sporty. almost aftermarket really. the wheel was very responsive. the gears were nice. shifter and clutch were light. sound system was lame. rear room is lacking. suspension is one of the best. great balance. engine response is nice. it doesnt FEEL fast, but it is. that "low" torque hits early and holds through the rpms. so just because the # isnt high to begin with, doesnt mean its bad. the engine also is really, really nice.

basically, you're paying for a nicer car, minus the sound system and room.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah no i pretty mcuh hated everything about it. i;ve always hated vtec.......

and putting that in a bigger heavier car makes me hate it more.

i'm not that big but 5'10 and i'm totally cramped. anything more than 15 minutes and it was torture. and no i;m not fat either. well a tiny bit . at about 180.
firstly, its not heavy. especially compared to our cars.

secondly, vtec is a pretty nice feature. if you have a dislike for it, you are openly proclaiming your ignorance and prejudice from the bandwagon.

the seats were quite supportive and sporty. almost aftermarket really. the wheel was very responsive. the gears were nice. shifter and clutch were light. sound system was lame. rear room is lacking. suspension is one of the best. great balance. engine response is nice. it doesnt FEEL fast, but it is. that "low" torque hits early and holds through the rpms. so just because the # isnt high to begin with, doesnt mean its bad. the engine also is really, really nice.

basically, you're paying for a nicer car, minus the sound system and room.
oh i know vtec. i hate all lift motors.

i hate the rev it to hell to get any power from it.

trust me i;ve worked on crap arsed honduhs for many years before i did toyota's.

motorswaps , turbo's , TRUST.
lemme go look up how much a s2k weighs.

ok here's google to the rescue . google link http://www.google.com/search?q=curb+...en-US:official

2835. curb weight.

old honduhs weigh a lot less and sucked without enough torque to me.

these things aren't heavy but for a honduh they are. and if you're comparing it;s weight to teh tc's . yeah the tc is a PIG and a half. no cheap fwd car should weigh that much but the tc does.

imo honduhs are good for one or two things. basically both involve older smaller cars with motorswaps and forced induction.

engine is ok. shifter is very nice . very nick nick .

even the newer s2k's with the higher displacement less rpms more torque to me is not enough for the car. the older ones with even less torque even less so.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was talking about rsx-s. my mistake!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

these things aren't heavy but for a honduh they are. and if you're comparing it;s weight to teh tc's . yeah the tc is a PIG and a half. no cheap fwd car should weigh that much but the tc does.
god forbid we have all those standard power options, A/C, sound deadening material, and a power panorama sunroof and STILL weigh ONLY 2900 lbs (which is actually pretty light by today's standards).
Old 12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

though, your problem with s2k is that you dont have the power off the line of other high torque cars. then again, honda never claims to have off the line power. that car is a monster on the track. not at the drag strip.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

though, your problem with s2k is that you dont have the power off the line of other high torque cars. then again, honda never claims to have off the line power. that car is a monster on the track. not at the drag strip.
that was the only thing i was kind of meh about. you cant just put your foot down and go, you really have to be in the right rev range to really take off. but they give you a fantastic close ratio 6 speed to play with; its just that unlike bigger displacement cars, the s2000 actually expects you to use it.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

2900 light? for a cheap small , 2 door ? no . not in my book. 2700 yeah i'd give you that . 2900? nah.

no my problem with honda is i don't like lift motors and they choose to employ them . and not just make a lift motor but make lift motors with hardly any power until you hit lift. 2zz is the same way.

the new generation of valve timing and valve lift adjustement is gradual power while still getting the same if not better top end as a plain jane lift motor with no torque and little to no mid range.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would choose a rsx-s over the tc anyday... well thats not completely true, i would choose an rsx-s engine and tranny over the tC's engine and tranny any day.

now if i can afford it, which one day i shall do.. i would love to have a K20 with a comptech supercharger IN a tC.

im sure the swap wouldnt be that hard, since the engine is a little smaller than the tC's and im sure it would fit with a little bit of fabrication.

i think in terms of comfort, dash layout, and overall looks i like the tC more, im saying that because my sister has an rsx so i know a little bit about them, and i would choose the tC anyday.

the only reason that i am in love with the k20 found in the rsx-s is because of its high revving 8.5k redlinin engine, and six speed tranny.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

as much as i hate honda and such I like the rsx-s. i really do. good times. stock it'd probably be unsatisfying for me but modded ones that i've driven. oodles of noodles like fun!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
i would choose a rsx-s over the tc anyday... well thats not completely true, i would choose an rsx-s engine and tranny over the tC's engine and tranny any day.

now if i can afford it, which one day i shall do.. i would love to have a K20 with a comptech supercharger IN a tC.

im sure the swap wouldnt be that hard, since the engine is a little smaller than the tC's and im sure it would fit with a little bit of fabrication.

i think in terms of comfort, dash layout, and overall looks i like the tC more, im saying that because my sister has an rsx so i know a little bit about them, and i would choose the tC anyday.

the only reason that i am in love with the k20 found in the rsx-s is because of its high revving 8.5k redlinin engine, and six speed tranny.

YUCK . don;t cross brand motorswap . c-mon man.

do a 3sgte swap in that tc. up to 1000 hp. up to 600 daily.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got spanked by a tC couple of days ago....its was a pretty sight
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2900 light? for a cheap small , 2 door ? no . not in my book. 2700 yeah i'd give you that . 2900? nah.
a cheap, small 2-door with power everything, a glass roof, and more standard options than you can shake a stick at.

no my problem with honda is i don't like lift motors and they choose to employ them . and not just make a lift motor but make lift motors with hardly any power until you hit lift.
exactly. fuel economy in the low revs for daily driving, and power in the high revs for fun. other than 1st gear (which is usually really short anyway), if you shift at redline, you never fall out of vtec in any of the vtec hondas i've driven. i dont know if you are aware, but many people like to drive their cars every day, and dont like mid teens MPG because their car is always in "omg sports high hp" mode.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I voted tC... i think RSX in general has a cramped interior!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc

YUCK . don;t cross brand motorswap . c-mon man.

do a 3sgte swap in that tc. up to 1000 hp. up to 600 daily.
would a 3sgte engine even fit? isnt that rwd? i want a swap with a minimal amount of fabrication to the drivetrain
Old 12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

3sgt was originally fwd. then awd while still transversely mounted then employed longitudinally for rwd duty in altezza

probably would fit yes.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by cfusionpm
a cheap, small 2-door with power everything, a glass roof, and more standard options than you can shake a stick at.

no my problem with honda is i don't like lift motors and they choose to employ them . and not just make a lift motor but make lift motors with hardly any power until you hit lift.
exactly. fuel economy in the low revs for daily driving, and power in the high revs for fun. other than 1st gear (which is usually really short anyway), if you shift at redline, you never fall out of vtec in any of the vtec hondas i've driven. i dont know if you are aware, but many people like to drive their cars every day, and dont like mid teens MPG because their car is always in "omg sports high hp" mode.
no sir . the new generation of lift and so forth give you gradual power . like plain old boring vvti it increses hp and torque throughout the entire powerband.

vtec isn't what kills mpg it's the high revving associated with it.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nowhere does it say that you have to rev. keep it at low revs, and you stay in the econo-cams. its not the engineer's fault if you have a lead foot.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i understand what i'm saying is . with a vtec motor it's either dead as a dog or screaming down the road. no middle of the road.

c-mon man stick with me.

a complete dog untill about 4k then it snaps to life there is no gradual power rise. it has a very sharp , very late powerband.

i like more linear power but that's just me.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, then its a good thing they're geared to stay in vtec with aggressive driving.