Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Default *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

I've noticed quite a few of us sXe ppl around here, and I just wanted to know who's out there.

xBRIANx Southern Cali
Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was all about the straight edge thing for a while. When I got to 22 or so I just kinda was done with it. It was a fun part of my life. Straight Edge hardcore shows used to be the best though.

It sucks that some of those crazy ___ sXe kids are ruining the "name" for a lot. I'm talking those religious freak ones that attack single mothers and all that crap. Then again, they are a step below neo-****.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Yeah, I'm not about Hardline: Carving X's in ppl, and all that bullspit. I'm more for the positive living, no bull kinda stuff.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Also, I used to get all smucked up everynight, drunk as fukc, stoned w/e and I'm over it now. It was a fun part of my life, and I don't regret much of it, but it was also the dumbest stuff I ever did too. So now I don't care what you do, just don't put it on me, and I'll do the same.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm 29, i dont smoke or drink or do drugs, never have...but i dont call myself sxe, i've known too many people who just do it for a fad and self glorification (check out www.howsyouredge.com for a list of sell-outs)...so yeah, i live the life style, i just dont claim the name, lol

This coming from the guy wearing the 'blood for blood' shirt in his pic, haha

"I went to a fight and a Blood for Blood concert broke out"
Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Nice, I say we try to take back sXe from the jackhole scene kids, "Look at me, I'm rebelling!" types.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it sounds like a cult to me. Whatever you do, don't drink the tang.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

It sounds like a cult? Cause we decided not to drink or do drugs? Ok, that's you opinion. Except that the only things you really have to do to be straight edge are no alcohol, smoking, or drugs<--recreationally, medicine is ok, and the other thing is to claim it, by saying that you're straight edge.

You don't have to give your $$ away, You don't have to stop hanging out with ppl that drink and do drugs, You don't have to carve an "X" in anyones back....

If you have anymore questions, or comments just ask.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i don't smoke, do drugs.. i don't even swear.. (=
Old 02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's the purpose of this organization? Is it like a support group, a social group, a religious group or something along those lines?

I didn't really mean to insult the group when I said it sounded like a cult, but to the uninformed like me, it kind of does. But then again, I'm not really for organized religion, but that's a different story altogther that really shouldn't be debated.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

whoa.. completely missed the cult thing.. thought we were jus talking about being being straight edge ourselves.. oops.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XxTamTxX
whoa.. completely missed the cult thing.. thought we were jus talking about being being straight edge ourselves.. oops.
You were, but then I came along and thread-jacked this
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
What's the purpose of this organization? Is it like a support group, a social group, a religious group or something along those lines?

I didn't really mean to insult the group when I said it sounded like a cult, but to the uninformed like me, it kind of does. But then again, I'm not really for organized religion, but that's a different story altogther that really shouldn't be debated.
There is no organization so to speak. It's just a lifestyle that was brought out by a lot of hardcore and punk bands that really got its showing in the earlier 90's and such. Basically just a clean way of life. A lot of the more strict sXe people are also vegans. That is just an addition to the smoke/drink/drugs thing.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs

There is no organization so to speak. It's just a lifestyle that was brought out by a lot of hardcore and punk bands that really got its showing in the earlier 90's and such. Basically just a clean way of life. A lot of the more strict sXe people are also vegans. That is just an addition to the smoke/drink/drugs thing.
Oh, I see. So do you actually "join" straight edge, or more just adapt the lifestyle and say your straight edge?

Sorry for all the questions, I just like to be informed on stuff. I'm not really interested in joining, as I smoke and drink, it just sounds like a good concept at heart.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

What's the purpose of this organization? Is it like a support group, a social group, a religious group or something along those lines?<snip>
It's not an organization it's just a group of ppl that have something in common. So I guess it's a social support group. We don't like it when ppl "sell out" (do drugs/drink/smoke) so we try to keep our friends strong, staying away from the popular "Let's get shti faced every night," mentallity.

Tam this is just talking about being sXe ourselves.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs

Oh, I see. So do you actually "join" straight edge, or more just adapt the lifestyle and say your straight edge?

Sorry for all the questions, I just like to be informed on stuff. I'm not really interested in joining, as I smoke and drink, it just sounds like a good concept at heart.
That's right.

Don't worry about the questions, I'm just glad you're not a dikc about it. How I see sXe is freedom, freedom from addiction. I'm no better than anyone just because I don't drink, but I'm also not going to accept "Sorry, I was drunk." as an excuse for why you did/didn't do something. You smoke, you drink, cool, I'm not here to keep you from it, it's just not for me.

(Not intended with any "attitude" I'm trying to keep it positive.)

Madzozs, I couldn't have put it better, thank you.

If any of you care, I wrote a speech on this subject, and I can post it.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

interesting topic.. as long as no one tries to impose their ideas on me, live your life however you want to. seems like a positive/healthy outlook on life, but why label yourself part of anything to live healthier? first time i heard the term sxe.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I must be "Serrated Edge".
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XxTamTxX
interesting topic.. as long as no one tries to impose their ideas on me, live your life however you want to. seems like a positive/healthy outlook on life, but why label yourself part of anything to live healthier? first time i heard the term sxe.
The part about labelling goes along with the bands and music from the era it blew up from. Think about the term "straight laced".

I should've linked this earlier because it's actually a pretty good article(unlike some wiki's).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

That answers a lot, and gives you more to look for if needed.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i used to be straight edge for the majority of my life. but then decided agaist it cus my friends ruined it for me. but then again i just wanted to be able to sit down and have a cold beer once in a while...

but now look at me i drink (as often as i can lol... which isnt that often)... and im addicted to cigs

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: