Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

*SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP:

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
Originally Posted by tC4italy
This is amazing
it's ok to drink but not t osmoke
i guess this will turn into another stupid thread cos of stupid comments against normal smokers
Actually, if it turns into a stupid thread, I'd bet its because of that comment right there.
I agree with your comment Madzozs. I was enjoying reading this thread until I read that.

I doubt anyone was trying to discriminate against people who smoke in the way you're perceiving it. Some people like myself would just never think about smoking because in reality it kills you everytime you take a puff. I'll drink if I want to but I say that, knowing i'm a responsible human being. If I smoked cigs, there's no real healthy/safe way to go about that. Growing up I was totally against drinking, drugs and smoking. Now, I find no harm in taking a drink here and there, as long as it's responsible and not excessive. But I am still totally against drugs and smoking, personally.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not that you can't drink or smoke. You choose not to. Sure you can't choose to smoke/drink and be straight edge at the same time, but I hope you get what I mean.
I see what you mean, but in my opinion, can't and choose are interchangable in that sense. It's not that you can't physically smoke, it's more that if you want to live the straight edge lifestyle, you can't smoke or choose not to.

Originally Posted by madzozs
Also, his personal choice doesn't reflect all of the sXe lifestyle. As was mentioned before some people(known as hardline) do worse things than race cars and such. This has given straight edge a bad rep in some communities, but that is bound to happen in every group of people. One bad apples spoils the bunch for some people.
Every group has their bad apples like you said. I still believe the principle behind straight edge is good and pure. Just remember, I'm sure street gangs started the same way, then those few outsiders joined, a few more joined with them, and next thing you know, the bad over powers the good.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"straight edge" people usually suck, and it's usually some religious conviction(whether they know it or not) that makes them this way.
The other reason I see people choose to be "straight edge" is for the stupid "I don't need to do drugs to have fun"

Ignorance is bliss, because simply put, you can not have as much fun as doing esctasy. No person here would not like it, and not say it was one of, if not THE funnest thing they've ever done.
recently there was a study of 1000 non-druggy people who took simple mushrooms for the first time. Over 1/3 said it was the most profound experience they've ever had. Over their wedding day and birth of their children.

for me, it's not ok to endanger other people's lives. like driving. driving drunk, speeding, or being a woman behind the wheel(joking) puts people in danger more than some guy smoking crack.

Ever heard of someone "straight edge" that says they like to "party". I'll hear this myself and say, ok, how do you "party"? Getting together to listen to music with a bunch of friends while you talk aobut cars and movies? Is that really a "party"?

I think everyone should experience near everything they can. People don't do drugs because they're addicting and they ruin your life. they do them because they're fun(at first at least). I do drugs that aren't addicting(cept pot, which is, but i use it, not abuse it)
and i'd say fine, make it all illegal if our government allows us to come up with other inebriates, but I think our christian run government is against altering/enhancing your mind at all.

I'm not pro-drugs, as I hateHATEHATE, heroin(and like drugs), coke, speed because I have watched it turn my friends into liars or thieves. It's not that they can't maintain a job, as smart people can use drugs and not abuse them(why do straight edge people not understand this).

I've tried everything under the sun, and most drugs can become "livestyle" drugs that run your life.

personally I use pot, lsd and esctasy. and that's it.

why? because theirs nothing wrong with them. they don't hold me back, and mdma can do wonders for people's relationships.

pot, ok that's addicting, but it doesn't hold me back.

lsd: It's 100% not addicting. dumb people don't like it. period. about 1% of drug users even do this.
I got over my depression using this, and I think most everyone could too.
(i'm allergic to lsd's weaker cousin "mushrooms" or I might do this as well)

esctasy: Can be used only once per 2.5 weeks. I've heard idiots call this the "new crack"
I know people who do coke/crack and they can spend 300+ a night on it. every night, night after night. that ruins familys, makes people poor.
spending $20 once or twice a month...people do that at blockbuster.
i alsmot think mdma(esctasy) should be legal, people who die of this don't get enough water or mix it with Ketamine or ghb or something else something stupid.
mdma is beautiful. candyflipping is even moreso.

don't knock it til you try it.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw, how is being "straight edge" hardcore?

seems like that's the opposite of hardcore, doesn't it?

i used to have a friend in high school who hung out with this "gang" in california.
They dressed like druggies, they listened to the music, hair/piercings/tattoos, etc... but then when this "gang" was out and saw an actual "druggie" they'd beat him senseless.

wtf? that sounds horrible.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

actually id ahve to dissagree with almost everything you just said =/

you say escasy isnt harmful. which isnt true. just cus you havent felt any harmful effects from it doesnt mean its not harmless. iirc there was a study done that SCIENTIFICALLY proves that escasy puts a hole in ur brain EVERY time you use it. so i see nothing good about that.
pot can ruin families.. it almost ruined mine (brother and 2 sisters did it).

people choose NOT to do drugs because they know the evil side effects of them. not because they "arent hardcore" or what ever your reasoning is.

and as for the party ****.

sXe can definatly party, yes it mostly involves music and hanging out with ur friends. but the definition of a party doesnt mean "hang out with a **** load of friends and drug urself till u pass out!"

infact when i was straight edge i used to party all the time. granted there was some people drinking at the parties who werent sXe, but just ebcause they were there it didnt ruin my night.

and a lot of people who are sXe go by the term "hardcore" because it has a differnt meaning then doin "hardcore" drugs. its for the most part the type of music they listen to. i personally arent straight edge anymore because i chose not to be. i am still 100% against drugs (INCLUDING POT). and yes ive tried pot, and its a waste of time and money. i didnt have one good time when i smoked pot.

point being NOTHING good comes out of drugs. and i can 100% gaurentee that you could have gotten over your depression w/o drugs... i did

so the impression i got from your posts is ignorance.

like you said. "dont knock it till u tried it" it could change your life (for the better)....

i cant even begin to count the number of times i wished i could go back to being straight edge. but i alway get the thought... "if im hangin out with my gf or friends or w/e i might wanna have a beer or 2"

so again. i disagree with most of the points u put.

but then again, i cant make you change ur way of life.

have fun with ur pills.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

on anothe note...

how is this "'The other reason I see people choose to be 'straight edge' is for the stupid 'I don't need to do drugs to have fun' " a stupid reason!?
wtf?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

(and im well aware my avatar is me smokin a cig )
Old 02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
...point being NOTHING good comes out of drugs. and i can 100% gaurentee that you could have gotten over your depression w/o drugs... i did...
I'm gonna disagree with you on that Dave. There are some good things that come from certain drugs in certain situations. You're right about the depression thing. I'm not buyin' the using drugs to get over depression bit. If you're depressed, drugs are the last thing you should be doing.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Originally Posted by davedavetC
...point being NOTHING good comes out of drugs. and i can 100% gaurentee that you could have gotten over your depression w/o drugs... i did...
I'm gonna disagree with you on that Dave. There are some good things that come from certain drugs in certain situations. You're right about the depression thing. I'm not buyin' the using drugs to get over depression bit. If you're depressed, drugs are the last thing you should be doing.
well u get what im talkin about. (coke, weed, all that great stuff )
Old 02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
Originally Posted by tC4italy
This is amazing
it's ok to drink but not t osmoke
i guess this will turn into another stupid thread cos of stupid comments against normal smokers
Actually, if it turns into a stupid thread, I'd bet its because of that comment right there.
I agree with your comment Madzozs. I was enjoying reading this thread until I read that.
We all have a diff. perception of what is enjoyment, obviously.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Thanks everyone for not flaming...I started this as a "Roll Call" but this is just as good.

Seattle You made some good points. I did have fun doin drugs, I used to drink and smoke weed everynight, I LOVE(D) MDMA (not "E" "extacy" MDMA is the pure version) I had a sh!tload of fun on mushrooms. Unfortunatly, I have tried coke on 2 occasions, I smoked opium-laced weed, and did speed for about a month. My point is I have tried it. I think that MDMA can be used in a theraputic way, but, It does do SERIOUS damage to the brain, everytime you use it. I decided to stop doing drugs (weed first then drinking) because I woke one specific morning and realized that I couldn't remember what I'd done for the past 30 nights, and I was having trouble remembering stuff from when I wasn't high, too.....
<train of thought just derailed

Basically, I don't care what anyone does to their own life. This means no drinking and driving, no illegal drugs (poss. legal problems, from ticket to life sentence) and no smoking of any kind (sorry Claudia). Unlike some sXe ppl, I don't care about other ppl having a beer after work going to the bar to watch a game, just don't over do it. To break it down, Glass of wine after work every day, OK.....Bottle+ of wine everyday NOT! ok.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Originally Posted by redwar1441
straight edge here. toyota is my drug. i crave power, speed, technique.... my toyotas are a neccisity. honing my skills as a driver and as a tech, i time every modification trying to be faster in the driver seat and behind the wrench. Its brought me friends, credit card bills, nights in jail, nights stuck in the woods with a broken truck, taught me how to weld, how to lift the accelerator and put the brake on in the car and in life. Taught me no matter what has happened it can always be fixxed, cars, trucks, people etc.
Spent nights in parking lots running my mouth...racing pickups through the woods being chased by DEP ...running home to replace axles, swap n02 bottles etc etc ect.

Building, racing, and crashing toyotas has brought me so much in my life.(yes i know im only 20 )

toyota is the perfect drug.
So you can't drink or smoke in "straight edge" but you can endanger your own and other's lives, disobey the law, run from the cops, and just be a plain idiot? I think I'd rather take my chances with crack.

i didnt say what i was doing was good or i condone it, i was mearly stating my path in life, not wether it was right or wrong. I was trying to show people that are drug frre, straight edge, w/e that think they are little angles still may be bad people, like myself. When people first meet me in person they think im an angel until they hear the stories and see me drive. Crack is safer than my lifestyle
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Hardliners are proof that just because you live cleaner, doesn't mean you live better.

Crack isn't safer than anyones lifestyle.

*edited "liver" to "live"
Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

straight edge here. toyota is my drug. i crave power, speed, technique.... my toyotas are a neccisity. honing my skills as a driver and as a tech, i time every modification trying to be faster in the driver seat and behind the wrench. Its brought me friends, credit card bills, nights in jail, nights stuck in the woods with a broken truck, taught me how to weld, how to lift the accelerator and put the brake on in the car and in life. Taught me no matter what has happened it can always be fixxed, cars, trucks, people etc.
Spent nights in parking lots running my mouth...racing pickups through the woods being chased by DEP ...running home to replace axles, swap n02 bottles etc etc ect.

Building, racing, and crashing toyotas has brought me so much in my life.(yes i know im only 20 )

So you can't drink or smoke in "straight edge" but you can endanger your own and other's lives, disobey the law, run from the cops, and just be a plain idiot? I think I'd rather take my chances with crack.

i didnt say what i was doing was good or i condone it, i was mearly stating my path in life, not wether it was right or wrong. I was trying to show people that are drug frre, straight edge, w/e that think they are little angles still may be bad people, like myself. When people first meet me in person they think im an angel until they hear the stories and see me drive. Crack is safer than my lifestyle
Welcom to my Sig!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

good post! sXe - as long as there is breath in these lungs my veins will run clean.

Keith
Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Nice...Always Stand Strong against peer pressure. Just because they're not your friends doesn't mean they aren't your peers.

If anyone wants to know why i don't drink, watch an episode of real world on RSTV (It's no longer Music teli., it's reality show tv.) Watch the 5' nuthin 100lb chick try to fight the 6'4" ex football player. Or look on YouTube for "Bad girls Club" find the epi with the chick boxing everyone in the house and the house itself.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx

Welcom to my Sig!

thanks i guess?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No need to say sorry Brian, we all have our ideas of what's wrong and what's right.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Thanks everyone for not letting this turn into a "I'm right, you're wrong you should die!" flamefest I'm glad we can have (semi) intelligent discussions without haveing to resort to name calling........I didn't expect that from smokers and drinkers
Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
Thanks everyone for not letting this turn into a "I'm right, you're wrong you should die!" flamefest I'm glad we can have (semi) intelligent discussions without haveing to resort to name calling........I didn't expect that from smokers and drinkers
okok we'll let that one slide

I spat my coffe when I read this: "I'm right, you're wrong you should die!"

Quick Reply: *SxE vs. Drugs debate :TAP: