Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

360 vs. PS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if he picked a system...this is kind of an old topic. Not too old, but a few months.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

360 would be the best choice. Forza 2 is FREE when you buy a 360. It's a kick **** game. Infact the Scion tC could be one of the first cars you start off with.

There's also an upgrade in the game to convert the tC RWD.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some pics I snapped up:

Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Xbox 360 just because the online play and the games. Forza motorsports is better then GT in my opinion and you have Halo 3 on xbox possibly one of the best games ever made.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Halo series is waaaay overratted. Wait out for the ps3, it'll come around.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow

There's over 300,000 Halo 3 players online at any given time.
No used copies can be found in stores.
Overrated? I don't think so.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is waaayyyy better than Halo 3. (Story and play-wise.)

Peep this recent article.

IF (and that's a BIG "if") Sony can help developers with coding for the PS3 (which they are) and produce 'good to very good' in-house games, the console wars could be different by this time next year. They have started off right this holiday season with "Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction" and "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune". "Metal Gear 4" looks really good as does "LittleBigPlanet. I'm looking forward to "God of War 3" and "KillZone 2". Things can only get better for all 3 consoles.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call of Duty 4 isn't going to sell PS3s since it's multi platform.

You're right about the big IF. Developers are staying away from the PS3 since it'll cost them more money to create a PS3 version vs the 360. Developers are just doing ports of 360 games which turns out less performance on the PS3.

Madden 08 sucks on the PS3. Assassin's Creed is choppy on the PS3.

Ironically, the 360 outsold the PS3 last month IN JAPAN.

Sony better do something quick. It does bring a smile on my face to see Sony falling on its face seeing how arrogant they have been the past several years.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Famous Sony quotes:

PS3 is “for consumers to think to themselves ‘I will work more hours to buy one’. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.”

“The PS3 will instill discipline in our children and adults alike. Everyone will know discipline.”

“Microsoft is trailing behind us, but they are not a threat. They are good at improving [on products], but we will be advancing to the next level with revolutionary technology.”

“I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect’s blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It’s the same as that.”

--->
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cwayne

Obviously, you're a fan boy. Just cuz it sells a bajillion copies doesn't mean it isn't overratted. I love shooters, i'd pick a shooter over any genre to play but Halo is really no big deal. Online is obviously it's strong suit and the multiplayer can be entertaining for a couple of hours just like other shooters. I don't see Halo as a big deal. Sorry bud.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"It’s probably too cheap…" -regarding the $599 launch price.

"I wish that they would come up with some strategies of their own, but they seem to be going down the path of everything we do." -Kaz Hirai, speaking about Microsoft. Hmmm... which system came with onboard network and hard drive? X-Box, YEARS AGO. Which system came with a built in motion sensing controller first, Wii. Sony is the copy cat.

"There’s this sort of misunderstanding that the Blu-ray disc player for movies is somehow burdening the console with unnecessary cost." -Phil Harrison-

"I don’t think we’re arrogant." -Phil Harrison-

"Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" -Sony records president-

"You can look at the software that they sell. All their licensed kid stuff. So, what we're doing with the PlayStation Portable is really establishing a new marketplace, and establishing, frankly, a new beachhead." -Sony marketing-

“The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With the DS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." -Phil Harrison- Asked about the DS and the PSP.

"The name of the game is not market share, it’s how fast we (Sony) can grow the industry." -Ken Kutaragi-

"I don't think the battle would be any different with or without Grand Theft Auto... I don't think it (losing Grand Theft Auto would) hurts us. No, I really don't." -Jack Tretton, SCEA president and CEO

"The first five million are going to buy it (PS3), whatever it is, even [if] it didn't have games." -David Reeves, SCEE CEO. Too bad they haven't even gotten to 4 million after a whole year.

"Microsoft does not concern us. Microsoft is not a technology company." -Nobuyuki Idei, Sony Chief Corporate Adviser.

"Nintendo knows its target audience, because it has really narrowed that down; and it’s pretty much defined by a boy or girl’s ability to admire Pokemon." -Phil Harrison-

Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="FNslow"][quote="cwayne"]
Online is obviously it's strong suit and the multiplayer can be entertaining for a couple of hours
Hmmm... after a player finished the campaign, it lengthens the replay value exponentially by playing online. Let's see, Microsoft made money by selling the game, they make money again by X-Box Live subscriptions. Microsoft makes money and the consumer is happy.

Can you say that about the PS3?

Entertaining for a couple hours? Try YEARS. Thousands of people still play Halo 2 online. Yes, Microsoft still makes money from that old game... and yes, players are still having fun with an OLD game. Too bad Sony can't figure that out.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Compared to the other people on this site, i cant really talk cars. But videogames is a whole nother thing. Go for the xbox, so many great games. I know the PS3 is tempting, ive been debating about one for a while just for ratchet and clank, but to me its not worth it.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call of Duty 4 isn't going to sell PS3s since it's multi platform.
I didn't say that it would. I'm just saying that COD 4 is a MUCH BETTER game than Halo 3.

It does bring a smile on my face to see Sony falling on its face seeing how arrogant they have been the past several years.
Its in our society to see leaders of an industry fall on hard times and poke fun at them. After all the years Microsoft came in 2nd, you FINALLY have something to cheer about. Yay!

Ironically, the 360 outsold the PS3 last month IN JAPAN.
Only by 239 consoles? I guess "a win's a win".
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only by 239 consoles? I guess "a win's a win".
Although 200 units isn't a huge win, but we're talking about Japan here where the previous XBox sold less than a Ford Excursion on the streets of Tokyo.

X-Box's popularity in Japan is probably not as high as George Bush in the U.S., but when you hear news all of a sudden there's a surge in sales... you'd be a fool to call it insignificant.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

halo 3 is possibly the best shooter ever made and forza 2 is possibly the best racing game ever. and to the people who think halo is over rated, sit down and play it, learn the game and how to play it somewhat good. you will see that it is not "overrated"
Old 11-20-2007, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by Ukno0003
halo 3 is possibly the best shooter ever made and forza 2 is possibly the best racing game ever. and to the people who think halo is over rated, sit down and play it, learn the game and how to play it somewhat good. you will see that it is not "overrated"
amen! And yes, I know im a fanboy
Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I work at an EB Games Store and I have 5 or 6 copies of used Halo 3 and NONE of COD4
Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdtcpr

I work at an EB Games Store and I have 5 or 6 copies of used Halo 3 and NONE of COD4
Did some shopping this weekend and found no used copies in my neck of the woods.

A Gamestop was throwing in a second controller with their PS3 and they only sold 2 systems during the long weekend while they sold 14 360s
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Game informer has a breakdown of the 360, PS3, and Wii.

I'll scan it and post it.

Quick Reply: 360 vs. PS3