Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

5 THINGS YOUR CELL CAN DO THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 5 THINGS YOUR CELL CAN DO THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT LOOK!!

Hey SL members,

Believe it or not, your cellphone does more than send and recieve calls. Check it out!

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile, network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: "It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #, a 15 digit code appears onthe screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
And Finally....

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

always nice to know some new tips about our phones!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Dude, this is some useful info...
I especially like the one about the keyless entry over the phone...
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

When I read number 2, I thought it was a joke, but everything else worked, so I guess not...

Awesome stuff

edit 11:19 am : okay, so i only tested the serial number one...
Old 03-10-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

THIRD Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.
doesnt work
Old 03-10-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow! this is some good info!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

has anyone tested the keyless thing?!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 5 THINGS YOUR CELL CAN DO THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT LO

Originally Posted by Sciontctuner
Hey SL members,

Believe it or not, your cellphone does more than send and recieve calls. Check it out!

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile, network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: "It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #, a 15 digit code appears onthe screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
And Finally....

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
1 112? try it out?! let's play that game... thats like calling 911 for no reason.
2 and who's the editor? i call bs. there are different networks and im pretty sure not all networks can carry the frequencies required to do that....
3 i say false. - i've worked for sprint, verizon, cingular, nextel and tmobile...
i am 100% sure it wont work for cdma... gsm phones are different. it's probably a code for certain manufact.... they are always difference...
4 same thing as 3.
5 of course. this is a ad for 18003733411... they probably get paid for the number of people that listen to the ads. you hear a ad before they give you the number. i've known this for years...

gullible....
Old 03-10-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

about the last one...

http://www.free411.com/about/
Old 03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

does neumber 2 work with the motorola phone? i have the junk one that weighs a ton and it's super ugly. my carrier is Mobi, do you think i could do it with this phone?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

SNOPES ALERT

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp
Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't sure about any of these when I first heard them. I have'nt even had time to try this out yet, but I decided to post it N E ways. Seems like it works from what I'm hearing.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the keyless entry does not work...i tried this last year
Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried that today finally and the keyless entry thing didn't work. I guess it only works with certain entry systems.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those who did say it did work, can you please specify the parameters for each? cell phone? car alarm?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:52 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Jenna
QFT