Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Advice on dealing with a situation

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Advice on dealing with a situation

A while back my xB was pelted with rocks off of a construction truck. They submitted the claim to their insurance. I got a estimate from a Certified Toyota Scion Body Shop. The Shop included Genuine Toyota Parts on the estimate. The claims adjuster verbally agreed with the estimate. However, when the Shop started to replace my windshield, they would not let the dealership do it or use a Toyota windshield. I paid the difference for the glass to put my vehicle back in the exact condition it was in before the construction company damaged it. (About $300)

I am thinking that my only recourse will be to send the construction company a certified letter stating that their insurance company did not pay to return my vehicle to it's condition that it was in before they damaged it. I would also request that they pay the difference. If I don't have any luck with that then I guess my only other option is small claims court.

What do you all think? Any Ideas?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first ask nicely. then get pushy. it should be the construction companys fault. especially when their adjuster verbally agreed.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

must be nice to be able to get stuff from truckign companies. you can;t in cali.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Hell I'm suprised the construction company gave you anything... I know where I live, marietta, if something like that happened they would pull me around in circles and never settle it. Trucks are the worst at that on hwy 75, they would never give you anything if lets say something fell out of their trucks.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have a 2.0 Megapixel Camera on my phone and it took some nice pictures of the stuff falling through the trucks defective tailgate.....can you say "Load not properly secured", which is against the law in GA.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Advice on dealing with a sitiation

Originally Posted by ggguy77
A while back my xB was pelted with rocks off of a construction truck. They submitted the claim to their insurance. I got a estimate from a Certified Toyota Scion Body Shop. The Shop included Genuine Toyota Parts on the estimate. The claims adjuster verbally agreed with the estimate. However, when the Shop started to replace my windshield, they would not let the dealership do it or use a Toyota windshield. I paid the difference for the glass to put my vehicle back in the exact condition it was in before the construction company damaged it. (About $300)

I am thinking that my only recourse will be to send the construction company a certified letter stating that their insurance company did not pay to return my vehicle to it's condition that it was in before they damaged it. I would also request that they pay the difference. If I don't have any luck with that then I guess my only other option is small claims court.

What do you all think? Any Ideas?
D.O.I. Dept Of Insurance and the B.A.R. Bureau of Automotive Repair
2 things that body shops and insurance companies absolutely HATE to deal with.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hotbox05
must be nice to be able to get stuff from truckign companies. you can;t in cali.
to some degree..CalTrans bought me a front bumper after thier truck dumped something on me. (took a f*cking month of sundays to get it)
Old 12-23-2006, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

well yeah if a truck dumps load on you you may get something.

i know anything kicked up from the road onto your car is no longer covered. and loose objects in their trailers aka produce , gravel , the like. so I hear is also no longer covered.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hot...don't give bad advice. they allegedly agreed to the cost to make you whole. they generally can't come back and deny windshield costs. I'm not an attorney but if I was, I'd suggest you take them to "small claims" court and recover your losses. (You only get to be made whole...not better than whole.)
;) good to talk with you guys.

hot....
Old 12-24-2006, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

Yea around here they have signs on back of trucks STay back 100 feet. And if you get hit with something they just say it was your fault. you were too close in the first place
Old 12-25-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was over 100 feet behind the truck and in another lane...also, they are liable since the stuff fell from their truck and wasn't just kicked up by their truck.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by surfcity40
hot...don't give bad advice. they allegedly agreed to the cost to make you whole. they generally can't come back and deny windshield costs. I'm not an attorney but if I was, I'd suggest you take them to "small claims" court and recover your losses. (You only get to be made whole...not better than whole.)
;) good to talk with you guys.

hot....

hot?