Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

AMERICA, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:54 AM
SL Member

Default AMERICA, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Over the last seven months the government of the USA has done nothing but spend money to try to fix the economy. In doing so they have raised taxes when the President said during the campaign that he will not raise taxes. Then they pass the "cap and trade" act which does two things. Makes environmental regulations stricter causing us to spend more money to comply with this act. Second, it raises everyone's taxes.

How do you get out of debt? YOU STOP SPENDING and START PAYING OFF YOUR BILLS. One would think that would apply to any size budget. I know I have started to look at my debt more seriously and have stopped spending money on things that I want. In a 2 and a half years I will be out of debt. If the government would stop spending all our tax dollars on useless things such as bailing out businesses, then we could start recovering faster. The government needs to stop trying to control/run everything and let companies that have been managed poorly to do what your business would do if it wasn't making enough to stay in business and that is LET THEM FILE BANKRUPTCY! If the FOUNDING FATHERS were alive right now they probably would start another Revolutionary War. One of the reasons the Revolutionary War happened was to stop being taxed for everything. Does "tax without representation" ring a bell???

The government is also trying to take away our right to owe firearms. They want to make it hard to buy or own a gun BUT in reality what they are doing is making so that those law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves. Those "bad guys" who commit crimes with firearms DO NOT GO TO THE LOCAL GUN SHOP TO BUY THEM!!! They go to someone who is selling out of the back of a van/car/house/warehouse/business. It means nothing to criminals for these laws to exist. They are CRIMINALS. Why should they follow the law???

The government wants to have a national run health care program. What does that mean you might ask? It means that our health care will be just like Canada. If you don't know people in Canada who need medical treatments end up on a waiting list. This waiting list could take you YEARS to receive the treatment/surgery. Why is this a good idea? I mean if you need treatment and you go to the hospital you don't need the treatment five years from now. You need it now not later.

The President has oversteped his authority by creating all of these so called "Czars". Where in the US Constitution does it say anything about "Czars"??? From what I see, this is just a way for him to further attempt to control everything. Do you know what a AIDS Czar does? How about a TARP Czar and TARP Oversight Czar? Do you know why there is a need for a Green Job Czar? WTF??? Why do we need all these "Czars" when the economy is down? Isn't this creating positions for the presidents/political party buddies? This needs to stop. We don't need "Czars", we need jobs for the average American not the politicians buddies.

If you have read all of this you probably fall into one of two categories. One of them is that you think I am full of ____ and don't know what I am talking about. To those I say fine, whatever, last time I checked it is a free country and I am entitled to "freedom of speech". Also try looking around and don't drink the kool-aid that other news media say. I also ask you to have your own opinion. Don't just believe something just because you heard it on the news. The second category is that you agree with me and might be asking "what can I do?" To those people I say it's simple. In 2010 there are going to politicians up for re-election. Go out and VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!!!

These politicians have lost their way and purpose. They are in office to work for the AMERICAN PEOPLE. IT'S TIME WE PUT PEOPLE IN OFFICE WHO WILL KEEP OUR BEST INTEREST IN MIND. NOT JUST DO THINGS BECAUSE OF SOME COMPANY WANTING IT DONE. GET THESE AGENDA DRIVEN POLITICIANS OUT OF OFFICE!!!

The other thing you can do is write/call your representative and tell them "STOP WASTING OUR TAX DOLLARS".

If I have left something out, please feel free to add it. Please keep this about what YOU have done to try to have your voice heard. Keep it civilized please and don't turn it into an arguement. Thank you for reading my rant but someone had to lay it all out on the table. If you agree with what I have said here please add your name to the following list. Please only repost the list with your FIRST NAME and where you live ONLY. In a few weeks I will be writing a letter to several politicians and plan on including the list to show that Americans are tired of our tax dollars being wasted.

People who are fed up with what the government is doing:
1. Jeff, Daly City, CA
Old 07-19-2009, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One name comes to mind, Ron Paul.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now thats a rant!! 2010 is KEY! Ironic that the majority of the stimulus bill doesnt roll out until then...coincidence? NOT!

My 2 cents...now worth 3 quarters due to the economy...

1) VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!!! This CANNOT be understated. The most effective way to cause change is to take away power by being aware of what your $$$ support. Some simple research on the 'net makes it very easy to find out what your $$ are going to.

2) Repubs and Dems are two sides of the same coin. No real change will come about if the 'Big 2' remain in power. Its time for a 3rd or 5th or ??? party. Perhaps there will never be another "serious" 3rd party candidate, but that is best left for another thread.

3) Dont let ANYONE diminish or dismiss your anger. Anger is a real emotion. A very powerful one at that. Do not feel guilty in feeling this emotion. USE it! OWN it!!

4) RE: Constitution;

"...endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights ... ".

Our rights shall NOT be regulated/dictated by OUR (!!!) government! Our rights are unalienable!!!

5) The biggest factor in the peoples "sheeple-ness" is, IMO, television. It controls and leads and feeds the masses. This is arguably the biggest obstacle that must be overcome if we are truly to become people with power.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 PM
SL Member

Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Now thats a rant!! 2010 is KEY! Ironic that the majority of the stimulus bill doesnt roll out until then...coincidence? NOT!

My 2 cents...now worth 3 quarters due to the economy...

1) VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!!! This CANNOT be understated. The most effective way to cause change is to take away power by being aware of what your $$$ support. Some simple research on the 'net makes it very easy to find out what your $$ are going to.

2) Repubs and Dems are two sides of the same coin. No real change will come about if the 'Big 2' remain in power. Its time for a 3rd or 5th or ??? party. Perhaps there will never be another "serious" 3rd party candidate, but that is best left for another thread.

3) Dont let ANYONE diminish or dismiss your anger. Anger is a real emotion. A very powerful one at that. Do not feel guilty in feeling this emotion. USE it! OWN it!!

4) RE: Constitution;

"...endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights ... ".

Our rights shall NOT be regulated/dictated by OUR (!!!) government! Our rights are unalienable!!!

5) The biggest factor in the peoples "sheeple-ness" is, IMO, television. It controls and leads and feeds the masses. This is arguably the biggest obstacle that must be overcome if we are truly to become people with power.
Ron Paul and the like are pretty serious 3rd party candidates.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt
One name comes to mind, Ron Paul.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt

Ron Paul and the like are pretty serious 3rd party candidates.
Oh, I know. I voted for him last year.

But what I meant by "serious" was a candidate that had enough 'cult of personality' to actually make a 3rd party a viable option.

Ron Paul is THE man!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good rant i agree with you what makes america great is being lost and it makes me sad
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 PM
SL Member

The sad thing is that these politicians have been doing this for years now. AND California is one of the worst with all of this.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Just remember....You can't govern the unwilling.

The problem we've got is that far too many people are willing and they outnumber those with any common senseand foresight.

Ohh, the government will never take away the right to keep and obatin arms, it will, (and HAS) taken away the availability of the ammunition used to make those arms function. When was the last time you went shopping for 9mm ammo? About the only thing left right now is 12 gauge and 22 cal. munitions.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 AM
SL Member

I just recently bought 9mm Luger ammo. It's in stock in one of the gun stores nearby.