Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Is America ready for a woman president?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cuz it's HELLA fun. I don't want to participate in "everyone agrees" conversations myself.

That's like going to a KKK rally, or church, where everyone thinks the same, you don't learn anything and you don't have fun arguing.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is it that nothing sexist has been said but already 3 people insist on bringing it into the equation? Give SL a little more credit and contribute something productive please.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cuz it's me probably. If this hadn't been the 3rd+ thread devoted to this i've gone over, i would thrown in something stupid.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i think that there would be more problems if obama won. i think that all the white folks would be rioting.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by citizen01
Personally I think that a qualified woman could lead this country just as well as a man of equal qualifications.

Tc4italy/jenna, calm down. No need to get defensive until chauvinistic remarks are actually made. Now you just look silly.
I didn't say anything that warrants a "calm down". Nor do I think I look silly.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shush dave, your not helping.

Ok, fine. Jenna, your excused cause you actually did contribute something very productive and besides that this wouldn't be a real thread if you didn't make a personal attack on dave.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Why is it that nothing sexist has been said but already 3 people insist on bringing it into the equation? Give SL a little more credit and contribute something productive please.
Low expectations. And contribute something productive... IN off-topic....
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Ok, fine. Jenna, your excused cause you actually did contribute something very productive and besides that this wouldn't be a real thread if you didn't make a personal attack on dave.
I've actually have felt that a woman wouldn't be the greatest choice for a president in the past. I've thought about women breaking down into tears and appearing weak, among other things. Not that those reasons have ever been something I thought would be inevitable or whatever. I do have to say that Hillary Clinton really seems like someone who would prove every stupid thought I've had about a woman leader to shreds.

Also, if I may add. I think it's chauvinistic of you, citizen, to automatically lump me in and assume me to be defensive. as you did earlier in this thread, just because I'm female, lol.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Something productive to this thread at the very least. You guys can post non-relavent/counter-productive bs all day long in your "threadjackers" thread but please leave mine alone. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Something productive to this thread at the very least. You guys can post non-relavent/counter-productive bs all day long in your "threadjackers" thread but please leave mine alone. Thanks.
Sorry, I will leave you alone so that you can help the world in a car site off-topic thread.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, if I may add. I think it's chauvinistic of you, citizen, to automatically lump me in and assume me to be defensive. as you did earlier in this thread, just because I'm female, lol.
OK, ok. I goofed. I'm sorry. As much as I like dave I also enjoy the backhanded remarks you guys throw at eachother.

So nobody thinks it's a bad idea?
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Is that to me?

I'm confused.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Is that to me?

I'm confused.
Nevermind... I think I get it.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frosty355
Sorry, I will leave you alone so that you can help the world in a car site off-topic thread.
Eh... I could counter but I leave work soon and I would like to be around for the ensuing argument so I'll just go with:

Thanks, that's all I ask.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

not the person I thought you were =)

adios n have fun
Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why? because I value your opinion on the topic rather than your opinion about what other people may or may not post on this thread?

Who did you think I was? Your clone? I'm bummed that you would write me off like that due to a difference in opinion.

Off work. Curious to see if anyone can stay on topic long enough to state reasons why a woman president is a good/bad idea...
Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Because you ar einstigating and according to the PMs we exchanged I thought you were all against that.

But hey whatever floats yr boat.

Already by starting the topic differentiating woman and man means discriminatory comments will ensue. Prob. not now because we kind of stated it so just to prove me wrong people won't post anything sexist.

Anyway, my view: it'd be about time the USA, the land of the fair and democracy, would have a female in "real" power.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think so.

But to further this post a bit... what would be reasons why one would not want a woman president.
As I said, I do think we are ready for a woman president. But it has to be the right one. The one thing that stands out in my mind as a disqualifier would be if she's still young enough to get her period. Nobody with PMS should have access to nukes!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I think so.

But to further this post a bit... what would be reasons why one would not want a woman president.
As I said, I do think we are ready for a woman president. But it has to be the right one. The one thing that stands out in my mind as a disqualifier would be if she's still young enough to get her period. Nobody with PMS should have access to nukes!
look not all women go postal when their on their period.. Stereotypical?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SeanstC
Originally Posted by matt_a
I think so.

look not all women go postal when their on their period.. Stereotypical?
Stereotypes for the most part come from an ounce of truth, hell my fiance goes postal everytime.

Quick Reply: Is America ready for a woman president?