Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Is America ready for a woman president?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by citizen01
I don't think it is "sexist" to want a president who is past that stage of life. What happens if she gets pregnant? Is it "sexist" to not want a president who might have to take maternity leave?
I don't know if I called that sexist. I also believe he never stated that part of his reason was because she might become pregnant.

Also, it's about time you get more involved in your own post, lol.

You bring up a great point. Nobody want a president to get pregnant. What has been the youngest president we've had so far? What is the average age of a president? I would think any potential female president would be of the same average ages a male one would be... therefore most likely not of a normal child bearing age.

Also, even though a woman may still have her period at 40, it's very unlikely she can easily get pregnant and I would say almost impossible to accidentally get pregnant. What I mean is, she would most likely have to try hard to get pregnant. But even though it's not as easy to get pregnant at 40, she certainly is still using birth control of some sort. But 40 is awful young for a president anyway.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

And since when has science been 100% exact? Like when they say coffe is bad don;t drink it, then coffe is great have 4 cups a day, coffe is bad don't drink it

those are all "proven" right?

My period lasts 2 days I get no cramps I don't suffer from it so NO I am not more vulnerable during my blood period
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by tC4italy
And since when has science been 100% exact? Like when they say coffe is bad don;t drink it, then coffe is great have 4 cups a day, coffe is bad don't drink it

My period lasts 2 days I get no cramps I don't suffer from it so NO I am not more vulnerable during my blood period
Holy mother of God too much info
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well we all know that you are special C...

I'm talking in generalities...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR

hey boys poke we talk
Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jenna, you are right that it is unlikely a 35 year old women would be elected. I was simply stating another reason why a woman who is still ovulating is a bad idea.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by BigMURR

hey boys poke we talk
and some better than others.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Hm, so when your girlfriend or women have their periods and goes "postal", they're so out of it that they can't do things like work? Did your wife have to call into work for a few days each month? Did you have to remove your wife from the family and protect your children from her rage?
LOL...no. My wife is the executive director where she works, but she has an all-female staff. They all seem to "know" and they stay out of each other's way.
I've heard of some women getting PMS but to the extent where one wouldn't be able to perform her job duties or not be able to make big decisions is rare.
Exactly how would you know if it was a factor in a bad decision? It's not like they're going to tell anyone. For all you know, it happens a lot.
.... think of all the women that work in big corporations, lawyers and such. I don't hear of them making bad decisions or being postal, unless, of course, there's a disgruntled male who just got reprimanded by a female and the PMS card is the "clever" thing he comes up with. I mean, often you hear a guy claim a woman must have PMS because a female is upset, more often if the female is upset with him.
I agree completely. I think men can be very thickheaded and use that "card" way too often. It's kinda pathetic, but it does happen.

I just don't buy the PMS thing. And even if someone did, I'm pretty sure Hillary has had the change of life already.
I doubt they have a menstral cycle on her home planet.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
ooo. this is gonna get good. I will say having a post-menapausal women, is something i do feel safer with as leader or even a boss(don't you?). With a man or most post-menapausal women, you know where you stand in their eyes, and you know what the logical choice that should be made.
So as a 30 year old woman who has her period, people don't know where they stand with me and that I don't make logical choices???

You do have to admit, women make decisions on their emotions most of the time(i was thinking about not saying "most", but after thinking about it, nope). If you ask a women what choice of something she'd like, if she's in normal state of mind, it'll be one thing, but in a pms or emotional state, it'll be another.
Hm. So that's the case with most females? Most females have emotional states of minds and normal ones. Good to know. Can you back that up a bit with something?

And could not a persons track record prove them capable of any job? Or does being female automatically deem them as not always having a "normal state of mind" and just flat out makes them less qualified or fit to have an important job?

I'm not saying men don't have emotions, but i'm saying that the majority don't let emotional status alter their logical decisions. Yes, a few men do run wild with their emotions as most women do, but they are not leaders nor successful men, because most other men look down upon them if they do so.
Find me something, somewhere, that says women do not make logical decisions.

Then find me something that says that pure logical decisions are superior over logical and emotional based decisions. Two is better than one.

Think a guy can cry or scream at work and not be thought of as unstable from that point on? no way. But if it's a woman, "she's just going through a stressful time" and in a day or 2, most people's perception about her has changed little if at all. I work with lots of professional women, and even when you think you know them and conversate with them, backstabbing and the likes ensue for everyone in her way. The only guys you have to watch out for, are the ones that don't say hardly a word to you at work, and remain reclusive.
I haven't seen many women scream at work. I also don't feel your experiences with who knows how many professional women at your work, speak for the rest of the population of us.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So according to the girls in this thread, just so we are clear...
The majority population of women experience no emotional changes during thier period?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I've heard of some women getting PMS but to the extent where one wouldn't be able to perform her job duties or not be able to make big decisions is rare.
Exactly how would you know if it was a factor in a bad decision? It's not like they're going to tell anyone. For all you know, it happens a lot.
And for all you know... well, that's right, you don't. You just assume.

What do we all say or think when a man makes a bad decision? It's just a bad decision, right? Or do men not make them?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I might feel a lil depressed but "postal" "mental" "nuts" "irrational" are words you all need to keep to yrself since none of you is a girl and none of you really know
Old 05-22-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll answer this with a question of my own: Have you ever worked directly under a woman boss?

If you have, then you most likely know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, or if you've been lucky enough to have a decent woman boss, then God bless ya.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Aunt Flo, either.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do we all say or think when a man makes a bad decision? It's just a bad decision, right? Or do men not make them?
We say he's an idiot.
There was a list emailed around a few years ago entitled "20 Reasons Why I'm Glad I'm a Man". One of them was: My coworkes don't have the power to make my cry.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The question won't go away by not answering it directly...

Does the majority population of women experience no emotional change whatsoever during thier period?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
I'll answer this with a question of my own: Have you ever worked directly under a woman boss?

If you have, then you most likely know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, or if you've been lucky enough to have a decent woman boss, then God bless ya.
And here it is citizen
Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by citizen01
So according to the girls in this thread, just so we are clear...
The majority population of women experience no emotional changes during thier period?
This is the second post you've made with almost this exact statement.

I would say that premenstrual symptoms in most woman can be compared to a headache. It's there and you know how to cope with it and fix it.

For those women with premenstrual symptoms that make them emotional to a point where it affects their decision making abilities, THEY NEVER WOULD OF EVEN MADE IT TO ANY OFFICE, LET ALONE BE A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE!!! C'mon, lets get serious here.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
We say he's an idiot
Right. And instead of a woman being an "idiot", you term her as premenstrual. Nice.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Aunt Flo, either.
I worked for women for the last two years....different women. The first one..I ened up dating for about 5 months.....Aww..I love older women....Im on my third female boss now...but not like "that" anymore
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And here it is citizen
Just so you know, I know several women that refuse to work under another woman. Now, I'm not saying they are all king of the HS cool kid wanna bes, but it does seem to be a little on the common side.

Like I said, nothing to do with PMS.

Quick Reply: Is America ready for a woman president?