Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Is America ready for a woman president?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

If women didn't hate each other, yall would already rule the world. The reason men own everything is that we play well with others much better.

Women are women's own worst enemies, not us evil hairy stinky men. Personally, I'd vote for Hillary if she wins the democratic primary, however not a single female I know would vote for her under any circumstance (well except for the few progressive chicks here).
The first part is somewhat true. I think that's more true of the younger girls though. As far as not knowing a single female who'd vote for her? Bah, that's not true. No way. I would think the opposite... those not-so-well thought out female voters voting for her just because she is a female.

I've got a headache.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by xmetalx
There wont be a woman pres or any other pres besides a white male for a LONG LONG time. The way the system is currently set up, we have a democrat and a republican selected by the shadow government. The two candidates almost always belong to the skull and bones secret society. Then we all go out and vote for the people they have already decided for us. The truth is that it does'nt matter who's in office. Same agenda, different butthole.
I effing love Masonic conspiracies! Literally love them and I'm not being sarcastic.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No way. I would think the opposite... those not-so-well thought out female voters voting for her just because she is a female.
I'm in the 'git-r'done', 'you aint from around here' south, remember? And you're up in hippie land where the draft dodgers and bra burners of the 60's have only recently come down from Canada. So our perspectives might be a tad skewed.

But I do know that my mom and aunts all think of Hillary as evil incarnate, and they'd be more than happy with an pro-lifer in office.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my god, when national treasure came out(still haven't seen), my office blew up with that stuff.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
But I do know that my mom and aunts all think of Hillary as evil incarnate, and they'd be more than happy with an pro-lifer in office.
But they're probably already conservative and christian (i.e. republican) anyway, huh?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Yeah, we're pretty politically correct and all that up here.

Dave, you gave me a headache. You should come and administer your green medicine to my husband and I.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But they're probably already conservative and christian (i.e. republican) anyway, huh?
Mostly, but mom hated Reagan, but it does appear that they've drank the RW&B kool-aid that Cheney is dispensing.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also agree that it would be difficult for a woman to be President at this time in regards with having to deal with diplomatic relations (mainly the Middle East). How is a woman going to be able to sit down and “chat” with the leaders of countries who perceive them as nothing more than reproductive vessels that serve double-duty as household servants?

tc4italy made this comment on the first page of this thread. “Why do people HAVE to create threads which EVERYONE knows will cause drama and chauvenistic (sp) responses???” I would assume that she said this because she knows what the outcome will be. There WILL be chauvinistic responses and comments WILL be made that will cause conflicts. And these will come from “moderate” people that live in a country that is striving for equality.

Here in the U.S., when someone disagrees with whatever idea for whatever reason, we enact our “freedom of speech”. When it is illegal or unreasonable to physically impose our ideals on others, we respond to them with physical force (i.e. the police). We do this because we feel that although we should have the right to express our minds, we do not have the right to physically harm those who disagree, unless they are physically harming others.

I haven’t lived in another country, nor have I experienced first hand with what goes on. Maybe somebody with knowledge can answer these questions. I’m sorry that I am singling out Islamic nations (or stereotypes), but these are the ones that upset me the most (and the ones that cause me the most concern in regards to a “woman President”).

What happens when a woman tells a man “no I will not, do it yourself”. Does he storm out upset and grumbling, or does he strike her until submission? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

What happens when a woman uses her brain to decide that she is better off with another man? Does she end their relationship and go on with her life? Or does her life end in a public execution for being “unfaithful”? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

What happens when a woman tells a man what to do because she is more intelligent and has a more logical explanation. Does he listen to her, or does he resort to violence? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

The reason why I asked these previous questions is this. What happens when a woman (a leader of Nation that believes that woman are equal human beings) has a conflicting ideal with a man (a leader of a Nation that disregards a woman’s thought)????
What happens when a Nation has a conflict with another Nation? There are only 2 possible outcomes. Either a diplomatic negotiation, or a full blown war. If both leaders can see “eye to eye” with each other, then the negotiation takes place. But when one Nation feels superior to the other, and feels that their country is capable, then a war takes place.

I think that a woman is adequately capable of governing a Nation, especially the U.S.A. A country that truly believes that she is capable of being “equal” (aside from the whole PMS issue). The only obstacle I can see is her ability to deal with others that are truly “chauvinistic”

Disregard my last statement (if anyone read it before I deleted it). It just came to me this morning that Chavez is President of Venezuela, not Iran. My bad... now I know for sure that I had too much last night...
Old 05-26-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we need to end womens suffrage.
nuff said

lol
Old 05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as long as its Oprah
Old 05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Budsmoke
I also agree that it would be difficult for a woman to be President at this time in regards with having to deal with diplomatic relations (mainly the Middle East). How is a woman going to be able to sit down and “chat” with the leaders of countries who perceive them as nothing more than reproductive vessels that serve double-duty as household servants?

tc4italy made this comment on the first page of this thread. “Why do people HAVE to create threads which EVERYONE knows will cause drama and chauvenistic (sp) responses???” I would assume that she said this because she knows what the outcome will be. There WILL be chauvinistic responses and comments WILL be made that will cause conflicts. And these will come from “moderate” people that live in a country that is striving for equality.

Here in the U.S., when someone disagrees with whatever idea for whatever reason, we enact our “freedom of speech”. When it is illegal or unreasonable to physically impose our ideals on others, we respond to them with physical force (i.e. the police). We do this because we feel that although we should have the right to express our minds, we do not have the right to physically harm those who disagree, unless they are physically harming others.

I haven’t lived in another country, nor have I experienced first hand with what goes on. Maybe somebody with knowledge can answer these questions. I’m sorry that I am singling out Islamic nations (or stereotypes), but these are the ones that upset me the most (and the ones that cause me the most concern in regards to a “woman President”).

What happens when a woman tells a man “no I will not, do it yourself”. Does he storm out upset and grumbling, or does he strike her until submission? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

What happens when a woman uses her brain to decide that she is better off with another man? Does she end their relationship and go on with her life? Or does her life end in a public execution for being “unfaithful”? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

What happens when a woman tells a man what to do because she is more intelligent and has a more logical explanation. Does he listen to her, or does he resort to violence? What happens when a woman disagrees with a man?

The reason why I asked these previous questions is this. What happens when a woman (a leader of Nation that believes that woman are equal human beings) has a conflicting ideal with a man (a leader of a Nation that disregards a woman’s thought)????
What happens when a Nation has a conflict with another Nation? There are only 2 possible outcomes. Either a diplomatic negotiation, or a full blown war. If both leaders can see “eye to eye” with each other, then the negotiation takes place. But when one Nation feels superior to the other, and feels that their country is capable, then a war takes place.

I think that a woman is adequately capable of governing a Nation, especially the U.S.A. A country that truly believes that she is capable of being “equal” (aside from the whole PMS issue). The only obstacle I can see is her ability to deal with others that are truly “chauvinistic”

Disregard my last statement (if anyone read it before I deleted it). It just came to me this morning that Chavez is President of Venezuela, not Iran. My bad... now I know for sure that I had too much last night...
I will reply to this when I get to work tuesda
Old 05-27-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

funk Oprah, We need an absolutly wonderful, beautifal, classy and into the scion seen women for President, Tc you should run, I think you are the only one that can get the job done!
@~~'~~,~~>>
Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by DirtyMexican
funk Oprah, We need an absolutly wonderful, beautifal, classy and into the scion seen women for President, Tc you should run, I think you are the only one that can get the job done!
@~~'~~,~~>>
thanks love

But I think I'll get a lot of tomatoes on me

(p.s. you remembered the rose =D)
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

for the people that talk s**t about never seen a good women president, go look at how chile was, and what is chile now thanks to a single mother name michelle bachelet. she has turn chile into one of the most richest south american countries. all this years most of the men president have been s**t specially the last one, so why would anyone vote for a guy againg, and not give a chance to a women.

{EDITED to get rid of ALL CAPS --Tomas}
Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by bebe2630
for the people that talk s**t about never seen a good women president, go look at how chile was, and what is chile now thanks to a single mother name michelle bachelet. she has turn chile into one of the most richest south american countries. all this years most of the men president have been s**t specially the last one, so why would anyone vote for a guy againg, and not give a chance to a women.

{EDITED to get rid of ALL CAPS --Tomas}
A little moody there, for the most part we would vote for a woman president. most of us are just joke here so relax its all in goo fun.