Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Anime Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anime Fans?

I know this has been done in the past. I would just like to see if there are any of the newer members who are into anime? If so what series do you like to watch? Im currently a fan of Detective Conan, Initial D, Kidou Shinsengumi, Sailor Moon/Stars and Yami to Boushi. Im currently trying to find more places to download fan subs from. All the series I listed above are the japanese originals. I currently have 14GB worth of anime. Any series you would suggest I take a look at?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just started getting into anime. The only shows I watch are Paranoia Agent, Samurai Champloo, and Fooly Cooly.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those all sound like Adult Swim type of stuff
Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got a prob with adult swim?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Initial D and NARUTO!!! NARUTO IS BOMB!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lriicelboy
Initial D and NARUTO!!! NARUTO IS BOMB!
Thanks for saying that A few guys have told me to watch it, but I was drawing a blank on the name. Do you know a site where I can DL it from?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

http://www.narutofan.com
http://www.narutochaos.com

i hope you know how to use bittorrent!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lriicelboy
http://www.narutofan.com
http://www.narutochaos.com

i hope you know how to use bittorrent!
of course, thats the only way I get my anime

So I need to pay to DL from the first one & the second one tells me access is denied
Old 08-24-2005, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um chucksu I see you live in Fl ill be moving there in at the end of sept., but aside from that im on staff for Anime weekend Atlanta and was wondering if you were coming to this its alot of fun. any ways ive been into anime for the past 8 years and I watch what ever is coming out of Japan my fav. shows this year are. Shuffle, Tubasa Chronicles, Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Trinity Blood(licensed), Air, Maho Sensi Negima, And Bleach. Now thoughs are just my fav from this year but I watch about 3 times more than that a year. As for good sites to get anime try Animesuki.com, Downloadanime.org, Mininova.org are a few good sites. Also for any info you want to know about anime try AnimeNfo.com
Old 08-24-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by makubex
Um chucksu I see you live in Fl ill be moving there in at the end of sept., but aside from that im on staff for Anime weekend Atlanta and was wondering if you were coming to this its alot of fun. any ways ive been into anime for the past 8 years and I watch what ever is coming out of Japan my fav. shows this year are. Shuffle, Tubasa Chronicles, Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Trinity Blood(licensed), Air, Maho Sensi Negima, And Bleach. Now thoughs are just my fav from this year but I watch about 3 times more than that a year. As for good sites to get anime try Animesuki.com, Downloadanime.org, Mininova.org are a few good sites. Also for any info you want to know about anime try AnimeNfo.com
Thats cool that you will be coming to FL. It seems like a nice place from what I have seen (only been here a little over 1 month). What & where is this Anime Weekend? I watch the stuff, but dont go onto forums for it like I do scions. Yeah I use anime suki for my stuff. Just sucks that they dont have the licensed stuff there. Im trying to find a place that has the first half of Sailor Moon. I have the Sailor Stars part of the series along with the special movie. I'll take a look at some of those that you listed.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I used to be real big on anime but not so much anymore. However I'm currently splooging on Naruto and Bleach. Although Naruto is on a slow decline, slowly heading towards DBZ territory. Bleach is great so far, even worse of a cliffhanger than Naruto was back in the earlier days.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They had an Anime thing at Jacksonville a couple weeks ago I think im not sure if its a once a year thing. Also there is a once a year Anime thing at FIU called Yasumi.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/

There's where to get some naruto episodes. it's hard to find the ones that come before since naruto has been licensed.. >=[
Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What?!?! No one watches Bleach?!?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chipmOnk
What?!?! No one watches Bleach?!?
I will take a look at that. Im always a fan of something that I can find 45eps to
Old 08-24-2005, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just spent the weekend at Otakon- the largest anime convention on the east coast.

I like anime just a wee bit Of course, my avatar should have served as a tip.

Some series that I've either seen, own, or have been meaning to see and/or own that I'd recommend- AD Police Files, Ah! My Goddess, Akira, Appleseed (especially the new one,) Berserk!, Bleach, Bubblegum Crisis & BBC 2040, Chobits, City Hunter, Cooking Master Boy, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Elfin Lied, El-Hazard, Excel Saga, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Ghost in the Shell (movies & series,) GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka,) various Gundam series (Wing and Seed are both good in my experience,) Hellsing, Inuyasha, Naruto, Neon Genesis Evangelion, One Piece, Outlaw Star, Raxephon, Read or Die, Record of Lodoss War, Sakura Wars, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiment Lain, Slayers, Star Ocean EX (based off the videogame,) Trigun, Wolf's Rain, X, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Those should keep you busy for a loooong time And yes, if you want fansubs use BitTorrent. There's tons of stuff to be found.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Initial D! Japan version! American version is just too weird. who the hell is Tak? Iggy?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont watch the english dubs anymore I did for the first 2 years then realized that Japanies girls have much cuter voices(that and among many other reasons). And if I had the money I would go to Oktacon, But I was asked what AWA is well go to AWA-con.com thats our site. Aslo I lived in Fl for 10 years thats where I was raised got board and moved to Ga lots of fun there and you get a change in seasons. And of that list to keep me busy watching anime the only things on there I havent seen is GTO(although I watched the live action), Appleseed, city Hunter, One piece, Lain, Sakura Wars and Samuri Champloo only reason I havent seen them is Time and money They are all licensed. On an up side ive seen enough AMV's done to them to feel like i have seen them all lol.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

initial D, ranma 1/2, and I'm sure everyone watches dragonball z haha
Old 08-24-2005, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I watch anime, but I'm not an "otaku." I watch them like any other cartoon/show. Some movies and series that I've followed... Speed Racer, Astroboy, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Dominion Tank Police, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Lain, Initial D, Metropolis, Gunsmith Cats, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Furi Kuri, ... most Miyasaki films... some in between... *shrug*

Quick Reply: Anime Fans?