Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Annoying sayings and expressions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Annoying sayings and expressions...

By living near California, we have lots of visitors and transplants that come here in the silver state from the golden state (CA).

Thus, one can say that Nevada common culture is influenced allot by these Californians. Language, clothes and car mania are some things we have copied from them.
There is nothing more annoying to me than hearing another blond young california girl say "Oh My God" ten times in one sentence!

A close second is when people say "you know" all that time.

What sayings/expressions get on your nerves?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like someone has a case of the MOOndays.
thats from office space- i've always wanted to say that.
I imagine if any one ever did say that I would have to beat the snot out of them.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when they say "you know" know i don't know and i don't give a rats ***
Old 10-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

With my luck...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like. seriously...this is so..like...a topic to pick on ppl who like to say uh...LIKE!! But seriously..the more u think bout it, like, the more u do it..

And u know that aunt, the one that always tells u "ur next" at a marriage or something? And it annoys the hell outta u? Well, next time ur at a funeral, return the favor...
________
Bong Pictures

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

" clearly "
" at the end of the day "
"back in the day "
" anytime soon"

Folks today seem more interested in how what they are saying sounds rather than what , in fact ,they are saying . (If anything)
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Um"

Whats up with that?

Blah, blah, blah...um...blah, blah and...um...blah...um...

I know they aren't dumb, but...um...it sure doesn't...um...sound real smart, ya know!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i'm guilty of "and call it a day"
Old 10-09-2006, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

"dude"
i hate that

and i hate when washington people use the word "pop" instead of soda.

wanna go get a pop? what kinda pop you want?

It's a damn SODA. arrgghh...
Old 10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are a few sayings or phrases that really annoy me.

"PIN Number"

Why on earth do people insist on flaunting their ignorance by saying “PIN Number”?

It makes my teeth go on edge. It makes my blood boil. It makes me howl in anguish. Surely I can’t be the only one who feels this way?

Some banks are even stupid enough to have it on their leaflets.

For anyone who doesn’t know what I am talking about, and thinks “PIN Number, what’s wrong with that?”, well, apart from the fact that you ought to be taken out and shot, let me explain...

PIN is short for Personal Identification Number, right? So PIN Number is therefore “Personal Identification Number Number”. Which is stupid right? So stop saying it then!!!!

I have also seen the phrase “Personal PIN Number”, which sent me into a seething frenzied rage, and it took four people to stop me from doing unwarranted acts of random violence to an electrical appliance. If anyone utters the phrase “Personal PIN Identification Number” I shall not be held responsible for my actions.

Update: Chip and Pin seems to have created a tidal wave of moronicity. Everyone know says "Pin Number" at the checkouts. These people really need to die.

"Safe Haven"

For those of you who don’t know, the dictionary definition of a “Haven” is “A place of safety”. So what exactly is a “Safe place of safety”? Is it a very, very safe place? Do some people think there are “Unsafe Havens”? Politicians are always using this phrase. It just goes to show how dumb most of them are!

I’ve recently started a campaign against the use of this phrase, so if you want to donate to this worthwhile cause, just send me a cheque, addressed to “Campaign Against Safe Havens”, or just C.A.S.H for short, that’s probably easier for you.

"Is That the time?"

Well of course it’s the time! What other answer could there possibly be to this question?
“No, it’s a packet of banana flavoured biscuits" ?

"Quantum Leap"

This phrase seems to have come to mean a huge step forward. Which is patently ridiculous. A quantum is just a discrete amount, and usually associated with incredibly small things, like the energy levels in a atom. So by my reckoning a "quantum leap in the exchange rate for the pound" ought to be, say, from 3.65 to 3.6500001.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When someone sleeps well and they say, "I slept like a baby". If you really slept like a baby, you'd be up every 3 hours with a load in your pants.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MissBenilda
and i hate when washington people use the word "pop" instead of soda.

wanna go get a pop? what kinda pop you want?

It's a damn SODA. arrgghh...
my wife is from the west coast and when she says POP it drives me crazy...the worst thing about it is that when they say POP they have a tone to it that sounds like they are intentionally trying to ____ you off

I hate it when people pronounce every letter of every word...and half they time they pronounce crap wrong! gahhh

And another thing (not speaking related but close enough) when you receive an e-mail from your BOSS and they have the grammer skills of a 3rd grader GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd explain why it is more correct to say pop than soda but I don't want to jack the thread... Maybe start up a new one for that...

There's one phrase that makes my blood boil, my eyes burn, and my hand go into repeated stabby motions when I hear it.

"Welcome to the real world..."

Another one is "When are you going to get a 'real' job?"
You mean as opposed to that "imaginary" one with the "imaginary" paychecks that pay all of my real bills?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate the Word Like when it is not used in the proper term. On that not I hae ant word when it is not used in the proper form. If you have somethng to say it better be important enough for you to be able to get it out all in one phrase and have no filler words in it.

To all the people I may have just insulted All I ask is that you stop take a breath gather your thoughts and then speak you will go alot farther in life and maybe even Maybe people will actualy start to listen to you!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by I-Fly-High
I hate the Word Like when it is not used in the proper term. On that not I hae ant word when it is not used in the proper form. If you have somethng to say it better be important enough for you to be able to get it out all in one phrase and have no filler words in it.

To all the people I may have just insulted All I ask is that you stop take a breath gather your thoughts and then speak you will go alot farther in life and maybe even Maybe people will actualy start to listen to you!
what does this mean: "On that not I hae ant word when it is not used in the proper form"
Old 10-09-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by salteen
I hate the Word Like when it is not used in the proper term. On that note I hate any word when it is not used in the proper form. If you have somethng to say it better be important enough for you to be able to get it out all in one phrase and have no filler words in it.

what does this mean: "On that not I hae ant word when it is not used in the proper form"
Sorry didnt proof read
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by salteen
I hate the Word Like when it is not used in the proper term. On that note I hate any word when it is not used in the proper form. If you have somethng to say it better be important enough for you to be able to get it out all in one phrase and have no filler words in it.

Sorry didnt proof read
haha gotcha! it makes sense to me now and I totally agree
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Ummm, we call it pop in the midwest. If people ask for a "soda", they get funny looks.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"if its meant to be it will happen"

and my all time favorite, or least fav.."when god closes a door he opens a window"

why the fukkk cant he open another door and do it faster?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright then

Is it the Remote Or the Clicker?

Quick Reply: Annoying sayings and expressions...