Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Antonio Davis Protecting Family

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Antonio Davis Protecting Family

New York Knicks' Antonio Davis rushed into the stance to protect his wife, no punches were thrown like the Pistons - Pacers incident, wadda u guys think?
Old 01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

obviously there are two sides to every story. davis alleges he was protecting his wife. the fan is filing a million dollar tort action because davis' wife allegedly attacked him. further, davis got a suspension from the league.

that being said, he looked into the stands and saw his wife in a potential melee with male fans. he had to go up there, we all would have.

i'd assume that cameras caught the onset and there will also be testimony from other fans/other wives who were seated nearby.

a version of the truth will come out but davis had no way of knowing whether his wife instigated the spat (if she did). he didn't know what was going on at the time so he did what any husband would do.

his actions clearly were to protect his wife, however, she may be the responsible party. he violated league rules but we all would have done so. it may turn out, however, that he was attempting to protect her from herself and it'll cost him a mil or so. we'll see.

[/thoughtful political answer]

("stands", btw)
Old 01-21-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he was protecting the wife that was in the face of the guy that was seated and signaling for security?

of course there are 2 sides to every story and im not taking either. right or wrong for him to proceed into the stands doesnt matter. its against the rules, therefore suspension and fines are appropriate. is the "fans" lawsuit appropriate? prolly not, but she did legally assault him when she touched him, you cant put your hands on people. rules are rules and the law is the law.

i woulda entered the stands to protect my wife (if i had one), but dont whine when your punished.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

The NBA is so freakin' ghetto that I can't even stand to watch it anymore...
No loss.

Scott
Old 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ....BAN WIFES AND RELATIVES.....

GETTO, HOODLOOM, EVIL, HATE FILLED GAME that was BASKETBALL.
This shows that NO ONE can protect your kin at one of these NBA games.

When my father taught me the game of basketball, there was NO touching. (1965)
Now you can get an enama from a defender under the guise of 'covering a man closly'.
And if someones fingers up your butt bothers you, than you are at an extreme disadvantage. This game is now for homosexual perverts that are black racial biggots.

This is an example of 'sports' that degenerated into the lowest form of human evil thanks to the need for higher ratings shares.

All the money these evil monsters (with iligitamate bastard children in all of the away game cities) make or earn is STOLEN money, STOLEN from teachers and nurses.

Take the little woman to the cocke fights, you will find a better class of hoodloom there.