Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Any Electrical Engineers out there? I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any Electrical Engineers out there? I need help!

I have a Titan tankless hot water heater. I got it almost 2 years ago when I moved into my house. It's just enough to provide hot water for what I have and has been doing a pretty good job. However, the water hasn't been as hot lately as it has been in the past. For example, when showering I used to have the faucet set in the middle. Now I have to have it almost all the way to the hot side just to get warm water. I suspect one of the elements may not be working but I really don't know. I'm wondering if someone can take a look at some photos and give me suggestions of what I can test or check. The unit is 240V with 2 stages. Each stage has a 40amp breaker in my electrical panel. According to the controller on the unit, both stages are turning on. It has 2 red LED's to indicate the status of the stages. The temp **** is turned all the way up as well.

Here is a link to some very large photos of the unit and it's insides. It looks to me to be fairly simple, I just don't have the knowledge to trouble shoot it past resetting the internal breakers. I can purchase most of the parts from the company if I need to. I just need to know what to replace. I'm technically inclined and don't mind putting my hands in or around this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has the water flow changed any? Because those tankless water heaters need to be cleaned with viniger sp? or something that gets rid of lime. That might be what's causing it to not heat up as well too.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your gonna need to some body there to test it all out with a multimeter photos alone doesn't really help much... :-/