Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Any Mormon Members?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by mafiamike
No, I quit.

Why did you "Quit"?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Poor guy, I know you were not looking for a thread like this.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

No I was not sir
Old 11-12-2005, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I grow weary of organized religion.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by need4speed
I don't hate Mormons, I hate Mormonism.

Fair enough sir

Sure our religion might be a tad bit odd to others but you know what I highly enjoy my self being a mormon and living by the book of mormon.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeC
Poor guy, I know you were not looking for a thread like this.
my favorite post in this thread.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by cvrefugee
I thank you for asking these questions politely and without sarcasm. I hope you understand a little bit more about Mormons.
its not a problem, those were just things that i have always wanted to know...

thanks alot for answering my questions
Old 11-13-2005, 02:10 AM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a bit sad when any religion gets hated on. Regardless of any religious affiliation it should never be okay to come up with ideas out of the air and accuse a religion of being that way. Though Mormonism may not be considered one of your "mainstream" religions, it is one of the fastest growing faiths in the world... not the US, the world. Currently there are more Latino members of the Mormon faith than any other ethnicity. Their faith, to me, seems to be one of the most controversial religions in the world, however should it be? I hate seeing people hating on any faith whether it be Jewish, Protestant, Catholic, or Mormon. If a Jewish person posted a message on the board saying "Who else is Jewish?" would all of you get on their and tell them that the holocaust was a fake and that they suck because they killed Jesus? I think not because those are asinine comments.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by obz
It's a bit sad when any religion gets hated on. Regardless of any religious affiliation it should never be okay to come up with ideas out of the air and accuse a religion of being that way. Though Mormonism may not be considered one of your "mainstream" religions, it is one of the fastest growing faiths in the world... not the US, the world. Currently there are more Latino members of the Mormon faith than any other ethnicity. Their faith, to me, seems to be one of the most controversial religions in the world, however should it be? I hate seeing people hating on any faith whether it be Jewish, Protestant, Catholic, or Mormon. If a Jewish person posted a message on the board saying "Who else is Jewish?" would all of you get on their and tell them that the holocaust was a fake and that they suck because they killed Jesus? I think not because those are asinine comments.
Roman soldiers crucified Jesus, not the jews of the time. although the saduccees(jewish high council) conspired to have him killed, ultimately Jesus surrendered His will on the cross, allowing the soldiers to nail Him there.

Mormonism is just a perversion of God's word. Anybody who has any sense of what God is can see that. But to everyone else it's just "another religion." I myself don't believe in organized religion, I just believe that God's word is final. my .02 cents.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i don't believe in any form of religion or any type of god.

on another notes mormans are cool in my book. some are quite dorky but many of my best friends have been and are morman. rock on and for all you mormans....... C.T.R.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow this thread didn't waste anytime going straight to hating...

I predict a Lock before the 3rd page.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by mfbenson

What lesson would people learn if the thread were to be locked?....
Old 11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Poison
Originally Posted by mfbenson

What lesson would people learn if the thread were to be locked?....
there's a saying, "you dont discuss politics or religion with your friends"

i guess it means you dont make friends that way.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarkApathy
Roman soldiers crucified Jesus, not the jews of the time. although the saduccees(jewish high council) conspired to have him killed, ultimately Jesus surrendered His will on the cross, allowing the soldiers to nail Him there.
Since when is an executioner responsible for killing people? They carry out the punishment, they aren't the ones responsible for their sentencing. However, you are correct that Jesus willingly gave up his life, that was part of God's plan.

Originally Posted by DarkApathy
Mormonism is just a perversion of God's word. Anybody who has any sense of what God is can see that. But to everyone else it's just "another religion." I myself don't believe in organized religion, I just believe that God's word is final. my .02 cents.
What is God's word? Do you believe God's word is final? Do you believe in prophets? Do you believe in revelation? Do you believe that the heavens are closed?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<--agnostic here............. meaning..... i can accept the FACT that no one knows for sure if there is a god, several gods and goddesses, angels, demons, aliens that created the earth, or anything else you can imagine.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suggesting a new thread/separate threads for peacable discussion, socializing.

-thread starter could begin anew. this thread -could- be closed. let his new thread be for networking

-let's have a parallel thread for fun unraveling of the religious mythologies....for the "agnostics" and we others, some of whom find the entire notion of idolotry (figurative) a sign of mental illness (of a sort)

Smith was.. by some standards, a schizophrenic madman. This is not a slur, just a debatable point best postited in a new thread.

OK, I'll start a new thread so this one might go on uncontested... or fresh Mormon Friends thread started nearby.

peace to all,
me.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was baptized a Mormon back in late 1999 aka when I was 15. So you can say yes I am Mormon. I dont follow most of the values that most do & have not been on any missions for the church, currently serving in the Military & been told that in a way this counts as one My Grandmother was also a mormon. There are some odd views that I just dont fully understand, but thats why Im not a firm beliver of any of the religions out there.

To this day, I still drink coffee, soda, curse & probably more.. I am still a virgin & it has been my own view to stay that way tell Im married, even thought that way before I got baptized. This thread does seem like it went way off from what you where looking for, but most threads of this nature seem to. It boils down to human nature to try & explain why they are right & others are wrong. So if you belive in this god, or that god or no god at all, what does it trully matter?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

lol at Redneck...
Old 11-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nate2085
lol at Redneck...
?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe as well as most Mormons, that everyone has the right to believe and follow whatever religion suits them. This is our right as free-willed human beings. I was baptized when I was 25 and the church has done wonders for me. They invited me in and treated me with respect from day one. There are some things I disagree with but I follow it as a healthy way of life that builds off of family values. Mormons have strong families, something the rest of my family could learn from. If that's something to be ashamed of then so-be-it.

Quick Reply: Any Mormon Members?