Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Any weightlifters/bodybuilders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any weightlifters/bodybuilders?

I was driving home from the gym the other day and I wondered if any of my fellow Scion enthusiasts were in to weightlifting/bodybuilding? Mark
Old 01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Been lifting for 20 + years. Now you know I'm an old man!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thought I would try to post a pic on my Home Gym.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rocket, that setup is great! I would love to have something like that one day. That's the problem with a sub-900 sq. ft. house with a tiny basement such as ours. Mark
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damm thats nice!!!

I wanna start going back to the gym also but Im bad at that cuz im not sure what to eat so I can eat right so going to the gym wouldnt be a waste
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chubster41
damm thats nice!!!

I wanna start going back to the gym also but Im bad at that cuz im not sure what to eat so I can eat right so going to the gym wouldnt be a waste
Chub, I'd be really happy to help you with this. It's kind of a hobby. Send me a PM with some vitals (age, height, weight, training experience, and any food allergies) and I'll see what I can do for you. Mark
Old 01-19-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've been lifting for the last two years...so I'm a work in progress, but I've made some good headway so far.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoILxB
I've been lifting for the last two years...so I'm a work in progress, but I've made some good headway so far.
Good for you. I would suspect I'm much like you in that regard. Everyone starts somewhere, it's where you go that matters. Keep at it. Mark
Old 01-19-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which way is better?

Going at it everyday, or every other day so u can rest in between?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lift also. It's part of a bigger fitness routine that I've been doing for a few years. I get up in the morning before work (Monday-Friday) and do cardio/aerobic workout on a Nordic Track cross-country ski machine. Also, in the evenings 3-4 times a week, I do weights and a CrossBow machine for strength training. I'm no muscle man like you see in competitions, but I'm in pretty good shape. The cool part is my 12 year old son is starting to work out with me.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've been a speratic lifter. Played football in highschool. But through college upto a year ago, I had never lifted regularly for more than a month at a time, except when I graduated in 03 and lost 54lbs between june and 0ctober. (still got a long way to go). Last spring me and 4 buddies started up again when one of my friends bought a setup for his basement. 2 of us were trying to tone up and loose wait and three of them were strying to put it on. It was great for me because My bench went from a struggling 225 to 295 in a few months. I guess most of that was relearning technic, but my friends and I got so much stronger together. My friend and I got caught up in the competition of everyone else and instead of doing high reps of what the skinny guys were doing, we began pushing each other(well realy him pushing me). We never did max him out because our weight set only had 300lbs, but I did watch him do 300 17 times. He's a bit advanced, he was actually a basketball player in highschool if you can beleive that, Anyway we fell off after a while but hope to get started again in the next couple weeks, probably from scratch again because everyone has gained/loss weight.
I found that the best results come through competition with a lifting partner. I guess that's the moral of the long a$$ story.
Anybody else got bench/Squat/etc. numbers?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey mfenske just pm'd you!
Old 01-19-2006, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I weight train. Started getting physical after I enlisted in the US Army. So you probably guessed I started with calesthenics.
I am out of the army now. I still do my share of running followed by about 2 hours of Low weight High rep lifting and streching. I'm no Mr. Olympia Hopeful, But I am attempting to keep physically active.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just joined the gym yesterday...heading over there after work tonight...I havent worked out since my lacrosse days in high school...this should be scarry
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I just joined the gym yesterday...heading over there after work tonight...I havent worked out since my lacrosse days in high school...this should be scarry
Just don't over-do it. An injury or strain will set you back in the hole. Work your way up slowly over several workouts.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea, Im gonna start off doing cardio for the first week or so, then gradually get into a cardio/weightlifting circuit. I know Im soo out of shape so I definitely gotta take it easy...anyone got any tips for me to slim down and get more cut up...Im about 5'10, weigh about 215 lbs, 23 years old...dont know my percentage body fat though...it cant be good though
Old 01-19-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Just don't over-do it. An injury or strain will set you back in the hole. Work your way up slowly over several workouts.
Matt_a is right on. Take it slow and know you are gonna be capital S O R E for about the first week or two. If you have weight to lose remember that it probably didn't take two weeks to gain, so don't expect to lose it that fast. Mark
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harman
Which way is better?

Going at it everyday, or every other day so u can rest in between?
The best is what ever program you will stick with. Bodybuilding/Weightlifting is a life style. Heres the program I have been on for about the last 5 years. I will tell you I have a gym at my house so I dont spend a lot of time driving to the gym, in fact I get up at 5:00am train to 6:00am eat shower and off to see cars and parts. You can train when ever you have the time but make sure you MAKE THE TIME

Monday Chest and Triceps
Tuesday Back & Biceps
Wed. Legs
Thurs. Shoulders & Traps
Friday Calves, Foreams, Abs, Lower Back
Sat & Sun Rest.

If you need any help let me know.