Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Any1 familiar with Paint ball guns? kingman spyder rodeo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

u guys are buggin me out im so lost haha so akrylic the tank is the co2 tank?? cant i jus get another co2 tank if it is bad? or is the tank u speak of sumthing else??

i jsu want sumthing to mess around with u know? nothing crazy like $400 plus chill lol
Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

lol yea the C02 tank
i mean...if you want you could always buy a new tank like you said. its really up to you.
is it a straight trade or is it trade+cash on your part?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

out here compressed air and co2 tanks are about 50 bucks
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hes giving me the paintball stuf(gun etc.) and a white 30gb Classic ipod video

for

my trd springs that are used and i paid very very cheap for.

i jus saw tanks online for about 20/40 bucks too
Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

good trade yes or no?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

any1 else know sum more stuff?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SuShIxFiSh
Originally Posted by Akrylic09
Originally Posted by SuShIxFiSh
and let me tell you paintball isnt cheap the guns i mentioned can run from 1200-2000 so keep that in mind
or he can just get a bomb a** Smart Parts Ion for like 4bills....

thats true 2 i used to be on a team we used angels and boblongs and auto cockers but smart parts is a good way to go you can also find a good marker on ebay with everything

Not to be a douche or anything but smart parts anything has horrible reliability and rep. Smart parts wanted to make a high end gun but couldn't because of their negative rep so they made a new company DLX technologies. WDP (angels) and BOB long are no longer considered "high end" and are struggling companies. The best guns now are The planet eclipse ego and geo and DM9. as well as a few others like the DLX Luxe and Droid.

To the ts;

It's a good trade. The paintball gear you are getting is really entry level stuff it's a great start for a beginner. and great if you just want recreational play. Spyders are known for their quality and reliability.

Spyder rodeo goes used on pbnation for about 25-40 bucks. The tanks are co2 which are worth no more than 20 bucks used. You can pick up more co2 tanks at a local shop or walmart cheap.

the ipod sounds like it's what is making the trade a good deal for you.

Paintball is not doing so good right now as the national professional paintball league (NPPL) went bankrupt this year. So expect tournaments and local fields to charge an arm and a leg to stay in business now.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

haha thanx bro. im gonna do the trade i always wanted one and its kool to mess around with nothing crazy like tourneys and such mostly jus playing around with my friends. the gun comes with a Progressive 12" barrel is that good? or should i get another barrel, what about springs? should i keep the stock one or buy another better one? and plus an ipod i cant go wrong u know i can always jus get rid of the ipod or give it to my girl
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
haha thanx bro. im gonna do the trade i always wanted one and its kool to mess around with nothing crazy like tourneys and such mostly jus playing around with my friends. the gun comes with a Progressive 12" barrel is that good? or should i get another barrel, what about springs? should i keep the stock one or buy another better one? and plus an ipod i cant go wrong u know i can always jus get rid of the ipod or give it to my girl

Yeah the spyder is great just to mess around with. It is really pointless to buy any upgrades for it so just keep it the way it is. The 12 inch progressive barrel is decent and honestly different barrels won't make much of a difference on the spyder. So just do the trade have fun with the gun and ipod!

If you want to know anything else about paintball Pbnation.com is the best website to go to. The buy sell trade (bst) forums are great.

hope this helped!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

nice thanx bro im gonna do it and ill jus get rid of the gun whenever i get bored thanx bro im gonna sign up for pbnation too
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

do it ....just doo et

its a good trade :D

im not a pb pro or anything so im not gonna be as knowledgeable as other ppl out there but i try to give out info based on experience. when my buddy let me borrow his ion i loved it....there was something about it that idk...it was appealing to use. Now i have my Proto Rail and im like mobbin ppl left and right hahahahaha

youll have fun with your spyder rose... it a fun gun to play around with otb..
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

yeah i know its sumthing to use u know never had one i can learn and if i wanna keep messing around wit paintballin ill jus buy an even better one. thanx everybody for the help!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I remember when I started, it was so much fun. Then I started getting into it and sold my tippman 98 (I thought THAT was a beginner gun?) and bought a kingman spyder EM1.

Full auto, electric trigger, hopper, nitro tank? thing was AWESOME.

I ended up selling that also... it got boring to me for some reason. Every time I got into a new hobby I kept ditching them for cars, haha

Good luck though, I just can't believe spyder brand is now a beginner gun. I paid ALOT for that em1.. I can't remember, but it was over $500
Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i was reading that the tippman 98 is an amazing gun no?

happy bday akrylic
Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

thank you sir
Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

So got the pics of the gun and hopper and stuff!!!! looks sweet!! Smart progressive barrel, and electric hopper!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Looks good to me, when I was PB'ing they didn't sell guns like that at wal-mart, lol. They sold the plastic pump guns with "wippits" c02 tanks. Those really tiny things that look kind of like a bullet?

The 98 was a great gun when I first started. I got a new barrel, tweaked the gun a little, new bolt, etc. And it was accurate as hell.

The em1 was a better gun for the type of playing I did... pretty close-distance (my 98 was more of a sniper) fast shooting. That em1 unfrigginloaded paint. Like, 20 rounds a second or something, lol
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Spyder isnt that great of a brand, like it was stated theyre not bad for beginners though.
i would def. recommend not dumping any money into it though.
if you do get more into the sport sell the spyder and buy something nicer instead of upgrading the spyder.

and a couple notes for you guys.

the DM7 is an old gun, theyre getting harder to find brand new, because the current Dye gun is the DM9.

Also with CO2 tanks...when they expire it is actually cheaper to throw them away then to hydrotest them, a hydrotest typically cost 20 or 20 bucks, you can buy a new 20oz tank for $14. hyrdotesting is geared more towards N2 tanks which cost $50-$200.

Fabian if you got any other question LMK, i worked at the biggest paintball retailer in the world for 3 years so i can prob answer all of em. lol
Old 02-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
Spyder isnt that great of a brand, like it was stated theyre not bad for beginners though.
i would def. recommend not dumping any money into it though.
if you do get more into the sport sell the spyder and buy something nicer instead of upgrading the spyder.

and a couple notes for you guys.

the DM7 is an old gun, theyre getting harder to find brand new, because the current Dye gun is the DM9.

Also with CO2 tanks...when they expire it is actually cheaper to throw them away then to hydrotest them, a hydrotest typically cost 20 or 20 bucks, you can buy a new 20oz tank for $14. hyrdotesting is geared more towards N2 tanks which cost $50-$200.

Fabian if you got any other question LMK, i worked at the biggest paintball retailer in the world for 3 years so i can prob answer all of em. lol
yeha i got the gun today it looks pretty sick i like it and the barrel looks good its not the stock one. i was at walmart today and they have CO2 trade ins meaning u trade ur bottle in and they give u a brand new one filled up wit co2 in it anywhere between 9 and 16 bucks depending on the size of the C02 bottle u have. i like the gun and its sumthing to learn with and start off with ive never had a pb gun at all so i wanna try it out and honestly if i get more and more into it ill jus upgrade to another gun so its really not to bad.

oh yeah bro i completely forgot u worked at a skateshop/paintballin place. the main question i have is r these walmart CO2's good??? considering they sell tipman 98's and spyder em1's?

im jus wondering if this gun is more long range shooting and bout how long would it shoot out to.

RCZ i was at walmart today and saw all these named brand guns and never really imagined it tippman 98 and the spyder em1 were there. i definatly wanna get a c02 tank soon, also where can i get one of these CO2 tanks that i currently have filled? and how much is it?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Oh another question for any1 especially u cory lol

So when i get the CO2 tank refilled, do i need to lube the threads before twisting it on to the gun?? do i need to get O-rings for it? IDK wat i need to do i heard that it leaks if u dont lube it

Quick Reply: Any1 familiar with Paint ball guns? kingman spyder rodeo???