Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy

Here is the flaw in yr argument

WHAT if the guy comes up to you with a gun pointed at yr face and says I'm gonna rape you you stay put..
Interesting how you took my answer to that earlier and perverted it by sticking your head in the sand.

If you dont want to own a firearm, that is your right. But you should not deny other women the most effective tool to defend themselves aganist a gun wielding criminal.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
....It's not the tools they use, it's the people.....

The VT murders are yet another example of this. It has always been a PEOPLE problem, but it is very un-PC to suggest doing anything about the PEOPLE.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by citizen01
...tc4italy come live with me on an island with no guns and we'll let these guys have an island where everyone has guns and we will see which island has more gunshot victims.
nuff said.
No one is stopping you.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
there are wars raging in present day germany? among school children in scotland?

hmm
Bosnia Darren Bosnia
Old 04-17-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
If guns were illegal, he just would have just had illegal guns and did the same thing, with the same result. Laws don't stop criminals. Do speeding laws stop speeders? Do drug laws stop users and sellers? Did the law against murder stop him?
Exactly. Only law-abiding citizens are going to obey the laws. It's not the tools they use, it's the people. If someone is intent on doing harm, they will find a way.
I have nothing against guns per se. If you people would have read my every post you would have read when I posted that it's the unstable people that can buy a gun off the street (we have a perfect example in this thread) that I don't condone.

but then how can we prevent such people from buying them when there are illegal sellers? That I don't know and that is why society is f*cked up.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Originally Posted by BoiseAuctioneer

WHAT if the guy comes up to you with a gun pointed at yr face and says I'm gonna rape you you stay put..
Interesting how you took my answer to that earlier and perverted it by sticking your head in the sand.

If you dont want to own a firearm, that is your right. But you should not deny other women the most effective tool to defend themselves aganist a gun wielding criminal.
Post was made by tC4Italy not me!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Regardless of laws, the guy still would have done what he did today (obviously). So there is the flaw in that argument. Where were the laws to stop him? One legally armed person would have done the trick. All the laws in the world did nothing to stop him. So today only backs up my reasoning.

You know I think you are cool Claudia, but I obviously have strong feelings in this area While I many times agree with you, this is one area I wont sway on :D No hard feelings I hope.
if he went into the classroom with a knife I'm sure he would have been knocked on the floor before he hurt a fly

but no D. you are entitled to yr opinion as I am to mine so no hard feelings =)
I SWEAR you have selective reading. Have you not read the HUNDREDS of posts prior that show you over and over that even if guns were made illegal and 10 times harder to get he would still have came in with a gun! It might not have been yesterday but maybe next week. PATHETIC

You would enjoy watching your significant other being raped while your tied to a chair and cant do anything?

WHAT if the guy comes up to you with a gun pointed at yr face and says I'm gonna rape you you stay put

the woman is much more "willing" to "agree" than if he came out with a knife or a fork
Your sure of this? Even though a guy has a knife against your throaght your going to fight against them? Because knives are not nearly as killable or scary? They only cause little ****** that a bandaid will fix. IGNORANT PATHETIC

Well obviously I can't argue with half a dozen guys alone. It's fairly obvious we all stand firm on our beliefs and that's cool. As long as none of you ever come close to me and/or my family I could care less.

Good nihgt =) nice discussion btw
You would havea proplem with a DOZEN law abiding citezens coming to your community? UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PATHETIC

Originally Posted by djct_watt
The fact that Thomas is using quotes and real data to make his claims shows that he is thinking with his BRAIN! I'll take data and the words pa the wise over pointless and meaningless thoughts and feelings. Relying on worthless arguments is how stupid decisions are made. Now I'd love to see (and welcome) data that is contrary to his claims. But so far, Thomas makes a POWERFUL argument.
and u got a dirty tongue from licking his a$$
congrats

I think using quotes is a lazy way to state yr opinion instead =) now what
Coming from the person that sits at home ALL day and spends HOURS on the internet not learning but handing out BS posts about your pathetic uneducated ignorant opinions? GET A JOB...Oh wait I forgot you cant/couldnt. It is people like you that seriously need to open your eyes? Yes I know its not easy the light is bright butt listen and look around for a bit and you will finally realize how un realistic your claims are. Lets take all the guns away from the law abiding citezens that use guns legally so that instead of 1 guy killing 30+ people he can kill close to a hundred anywhere! I was in the Tacoma mall when a guy went balistic shooting people randomly, I was in Journeys with my Girlfriend at the time and we jumped behind the counter with another couple and the guy next to me was carrying a concealed weapon and you have NO idea how realived I was that I was not just going to sit here and either wait for him to become tired of killing or for him to approach me and kill all of us! This is not your day sunshine so once again say "I cant argue with a dozen guys who are all singleminded" and leave without saying anything that you see necessary before you make a fool of yourself once again!
If I am ignorant then please take one of yr guns and put yrself out of misery.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heathen, can we at least agree that the island with no guns and no way to obtain guns would be the more ideal?

That said I completely agree that anyone who thinks taking all guns away from america's citizens is the answer is very ignorant. It has been mentioned many times... were that to happen who would not give up their guns? society's criminals of course. I simply don't see how anyone in favor of guns can say that FAs should be illegal because it makes no sense considering your other arguments. Plus it makes work go by faster to argue with you people. LOL...
Old 04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If I am ignorant then please take one of yr guns and put yrself out of misery.
Atleast my arguments have been logical. Why would I take my life with a gun? Am I the ignorant one? Please do enlighten me? Did I lie? Is ONE statement false? Did I ignore any FACTS?

F*CK YOUR USELESS, There is a reason you don't vote..... Your an idiot, plain and simple!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Logical to your little mind. And I can vote you f*ckface I choose not to.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Heathen, can we at least agree that the island with no guns and no way to obtain guns would be the more ideal?

That said I completely agree that anyone who thinks taking all guns away from america's citizens is the answer is very ignorant. It has been mentioned many times... were that to happen who would not give up their guns? society's criminals of course. I simply don't see how anyone in favor of guns can say that FAs should be illegal because it makes no sense considering your other arguments. Plus it makes work go by faster to argue with you people. LOL...
It has been mentioned many times by the same person that ACTUALLY thinks that it can be done! Thank you for enlightening her maybe in some way or fashion she will realize that.

Now I will agree with you in the fact that your island would have less GUN related deaths but however coconuts could become a new trend in killing power! Lots of liberals are messed up in the head and like to go Crazy because as stated before under the slightest presure they crack like and egg!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Did I ever say you cannot vote? Just stated that your and absolute idiot for choosing not to. People LITERALLY Die almost everyday for that freedom!

Come at me with a logical argument because up to this point you are just a stay at home lazy @ss with no common sense! Hell you are not even book smart. You are the typical blonde trying to argue FACTS!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Did I ever say you cannot vote? Just stated that your and absolute idiot for choosing not to. People LITERALLY Die almost everyday for that freedom!

Come at me with a logical argument because up to this point you are just a stay at home lazy @ss with no common sense! Hell you are not even book smart. You are the typical blonde trying to argue FACTS!
here you asked for it

1. I have brown hair
2. I have a job that most prob. pays more than yours x2
3. I grad. from college at 20 years old. I speak 4 languages. I lived across the world. x3

You probably never stepped a toe outside the US.
Most probably you can only speak English, if that.
And know absolutely nothing about other cultures.

Done yet or should we continue?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have read this whole thread and I didn't see anywhere where c said that a ban should go out on all guns. As a matter of fact on this very page she states that it is the illegal gun trafficking that she has a problem with.
Oh... and I could be wrong but isn't buying a weapon in the fashion you described earlier a felony? If that is the case if you get caught YOU won't be able to vote and c will. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Excuse me you have brown hair and Blonde Roots

You want to compare paychecks? ANYDAY! I dont get a check every 2 weeks I actually have residual income from investing in Real estate and a pneumatic company a family friend started. Not only that but I am part of one of the largest auction companies in the world and am contracted out for my services all over the world, Japan, Australia, Germany, holland, Ireland, England, that just names a few.

You are also wrong, I speak 2 languages. I am able to auction bilingual in english and Spanish!

Last of all I DID not graduate from college I only took the classes that I believed were important to me! I do not need a degree for my line of work, so since you are still on a month to month life I have already invested enough money to put 50% down on some on the Nicest homes in Boise!

Might want to get your facts straight, and dont start talking B.S. you cant prove its honestly just embarrassing!

here you asked for it

1. I have brown hair
3. I grad. from college at 20 years old. I speak 4 languages. I lived across the world. x3

Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have read this whole thread and I didn't see anywhere where c said that a ban should go out on all guns. As a matter of fact on this very page she states that it is the illegal gun trafficking that she has a problem with.
Oh... and I could be wrong but isn't buying a weapon in the fashion you described earlier a felony? If that is the case if you get caught YOU won't be able to vote and c will. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Gun shows across Idaho sell guns private party with no papers signed each and everyday. I said that if they ever INFORCED laws that would help!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heathen, can we at least agree that the island with no guns and no way to obtain guns would be the more ideal?...
I would say utopian, and completly impossible. Hence, I would not consider it.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Comparing what's in the bank account? When did that come up? I wrote - read - PAYCHECK. And I'm pretty sure I'd beat you at that too. But this isn't the battle of the riches

Ok so I'm on my way to getting a Masters and you didn't even grad. so I'd think twice before calling someone ignorant.

Better catch up boy

Excuse me you have brown hair and Blonde Roots

You want to compare paychecks? ANYDAY! I dont get a check every 2 weeks I actually have residual income from investing in Real estate and a pneumatic company a family friend started. Not only that but I am part of one of the largest auction companies in the world and am contracted out for my services all over the world, Japan, Australia, Germany, holland, Ireland, England, that just names a few.

You are also wrong, I speak 2 languages. I am able to auction bilingual in english and Spanish!

Last of all I DID not graduate from college I only took the classes that I believed were important to me! I do not need a degree for my line of work, so since you are still on a month to month life I have already invested enough money to put 50% down on some on the Nicest homes in Boise!

Might want to get your facts straight, and dont start talking B.S. you cant prove its honestly just embarrassing!

here you asked for it

1. I have brown hair

Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing

Post was made by tC4Italy not me!
My bad...and fixed!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and as to FAs?
How can you say that the gov can have FAs and you can't when that negates everything the amendment that allows you to own a gun stands for?

And also if FAs are too dangerous how are guns not also? It seems that they are both designed for killing.

Quick Reply: Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?