Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
compare the numbers to european countries.
then you shall see
But compare Europen numbers to other NON-European countries and you will see that Europe is not exactly progressive either, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the lady presidents.

Then again, the US and Europe are among the most advanced, technology-wise. Coincidence???

(to preempt any incoming fire, that last part was a joke....oe was it..... )
Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2x post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
compare the numbers to european countries.
then you shall see
But compare Europen numbers to other NON-European countries and you will see that Europe is not exactly progressive either, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the lady presidents.

Then again, the US and Europe are among the most advanced, technology-wise. Coincidence???

(to preempt any incoming fire, that last part was a joke....oe was it..... )
again where the hell do you keep coming out with the president's thing?!? :?

and no go ahead make unoriginal chaveunistic jokes like the other 99.99% of SL boys.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and no go ahead make unoriginal chaveunistic jokes like the other 99.99% of SL boys.
Well, you simply said "compare the number" and "women in power"….thats what I did?

tC4italy wrote:
Sadly enough this country has very few women in power...kinda weird coming from the FREE LAND.......compare the numbers to european countries.
then you shall see
Again, compare ALL women in ALL political leadership positions outside of Europe (obviously the US notwithstanding) to Europe, and you will see just how non-progressive Europe is in a global view IF you are using ladies in politics as the deciding factor.

Im not bagging on Europe, believe me I travel there all the time and LOVELOVELOVE it over there, but you should remember this saying:

She who lives in glass house should not throw stones!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well, you simply said "compare the number" and "women in power"….thats what I did?

tC4italy wrote:
Sadly enough this country has very few women in power...kinda weird coming from the FREE LAND.......compare the numbers to european countries.
then you shall see
Again, compare ALL women in ALL political leadership positions outside of Europe (obviously the US notwithstanding) to Europe, and you will see just how non-progressive Europe is in a global view IF you are using ladies in politics as the deciding factor.

Im not bagging on Europe, believe me I travel there all the time and LOVELOVELOVE it over there, but you should remember this saying:

She who lives in glass house should not throw stones!

Obviously you are judging without knowing. So I ask you to refrain from commenting on MY life, since you don't know a thing about what I have been through. So keep those "sheltered" kind of comment to yourself. Thank you

I was comparing Europe to USA so quit bringing in the rest of the world. Compared to EU, the USA has fewer women in politics/power. End.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ive never been, but isnt Europe and England alittle UPTIGHT on gun control? Like, only the military and police agencies can have them right? (Just asking..not getting into the middle of a pishing match mind you)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

all I know is that you need to be extremely licensed to buy a weapon. Much stricter regulations than here.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aren't english police armed only with billy clubs? and i remember watching some movie that took place in europe where the cops yelled "armed police! stop where you are" so i guess that your average beat officer doesn't carry a gun.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

all I know is that you need to be extremely licensed to buy a weapon. Much stricter regulations than here.
Yeah, I know its a bearcat and a half just to have paintball guns there too.
Figured it ring true with everythign else.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Obviously you are judging without knowing. So I ask you to refrain from commenting on MY life, since you don't know a thing about what I have been through. So keep those "sheltered" kind of comment to yourself. Thank you .
I made NO comments regarding YOUR life. Please quote where I made a comment on your life in regards to women in power.

I was comparing Europe to USA so quit bringing in the rest of the world. Compared to EU, the USA has fewer women in politics/power. End.
And I was comparing Europe to the rest of the World. The end.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Obviously you are judging without knowing. So I ask you to refrain from commenting on MY life, since you don't know a thing about what I have been through. So keep those "sheltered" kind of comment to yourself. Thank you .
I made NO comments regarding YOUR life. Please quote where I made a comment on your life in regards to women in power.
no not the power part, the sheltered/glass part

gawd this is making me hungry
Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no not the power part, the sheltered/glass part
That is a saying.

It means not to think your comments are above reproach. It had noting to do with you, just your comments. I do not know you, nor do I pretend to, but I know your comments because you post them online.

Make sense?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Weird......glass house means protected to me
but oh well if you say so
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Always a pleasure debating!

Buon pomeriggio. Ciao!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ciao bello ;)
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just spotted this news story:

HOUSTON -- A homeowner shot and killed a man who broke into his northwest Harris County home on Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the shooting happened at a home in the 6700 block of Dusty Dawn Drive near Coral Ridge Road at about 8:30 p.m.

Ovidio Reyes, his wife and their and two children were inside the home at the time of the home invasion, detectives said.

Reyes realized what was happening and grabbed a gun to defend his family.

"When sheriff's deputies arrived, they found that one male has been shot inside a home," Sgt. R. Nelson said. "It was later determined that the male who was shot was apparently committing a home invasion. The homeowner exchanged gunfire with him and the home invader was killed."

Neighbors called 911 when they heard gunshots.

"I think it's a tragedy that it happened," neighbor Orris Carr said. "We hate that it happened in our neighborhood."

Investigators said there may have been other people involved in the burglary who fled before deputies arrived.

Deputies have not released information as to how the burglar got into the home.

The case will be referred to the Harris County grand jury without charges.

Now where do you suppose that family would be right now if the father wouldn't have had a gun to defend his family? Even if they would have been able to dial 911, by the time the police would have arrived it could have been an ugly scene.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If there were no guns in the first place I wouldn't need a gun to defend myself from a man with a gun.
But that's just it, there are guns, and nobody can undo that. The genie is out of the bottle, and won't go back in. It's sort of like once you become a rasin, you can never be a grape again. Sure, you can rehydrate, but it's never the same.

But still, the same stats we like to show about how crime goes down in relation to gun control laws, also show that there is a gianormous increase in the probability that gun owners will experience gun violoence vs non-gun owners.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Just spotted this news story:

HOUSTON -- A homeowner shot and killed a man who broke into his northwest Harris County home on Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the shooting happened at a home in the 6700 block of Dusty Dawn Drive near Coral Ridge Road at about 8:30 p.m.

Ovidio Reyes, his wife and their and two children were inside the home at the time of the home invasion, detectives said.

Reyes realized what was happening and grabbed a gun to defend his family.

"When sheriff's deputies arrived, they found that one male has been shot inside a home," Sgt. R. Nelson said. "It was later determined that the male who was shot was apparently committing a home invasion. The homeowner exchanged gunfire with him and the home invader was killed."

Neighbors called 911 when they heard gunshots.

"I think it's a tragedy that it happened," neighbor Orris Carr said. "We hate that it happened in our neighborhood."

Investigators said there may have been other people involved in the burglary who fled before deputies arrived.

Deputies have not released information as to how the burglar got into the home.

The case will be referred to the Harris County grand jury without charges.

Now where do you suppose that family would be right now if the father wouldn't have had a gun to defend his family? Even if they would have been able to dial 911, by the time the police would have arrived it could have been an ugly scene.
I live in NorthWest harris County...Just moved there. One of the First things I brought into my new house was my gun and showed my GF how to use it.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

the main reason that i own guns is because i just dont trust people..

but.. my guns are always kept with a trigger lock on them at all times and kept unloaded...

its the non responsible gun owners out there that ruin it for the rest of us...
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Own em and carry them when I feel it is a good idea to do so (camping, long road trips with my family, etc).

We all know who gun control does and does not effect. I agree with checking people out, but that is about it. Until they can take every last one out of every last criminals (and terrorist, and foreign country who could/would decide one day to invade another country, etc) hand, I WILL own them. So that is what I have to say about gun control

And hey, what are the whining protestors going to do? They are unarmed

Quick Reply: Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?