Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
i do however have a serious problem with the idea that i can be sitting there taking notes in class, and some deranged madman with a legally purchases 9 mm can walk in and shoot me and anybody else he can point at.
This is a situation that can only happen if the madman knows for fact that they are the only ones armed in the vacinity.
so your saying the solution is guns for everybody? if we are all packing, we can all protect ourselves?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My noise makers...

Baby Glock
S&W .38 6 in. barrel
1962 Winchester 30/30 "saddle rifle "
7.7 "jap" rifle
Sears & Roebuck single shot 20 ga.
Ruger 22 shorty rifle

Had a lot of firearms and will ALWAYS have them !!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i do however have a serious problem with the idea that i can be sitting there taking notes in class, and some deranged madman with a legally purchases 9 mm can walk in and shoot me and anybody else he can point at.
This is a situation that can only happen if the madman knows for fact that they are the only ones armed in the vacinity.
so your saying the solution is guns for everybody? if we are all packing, we can all protect ourselves?
Could not have said it any better myself, I can gaurentee you that if that guy knew that 15% of those kids were packing he would not have done ANYTHING. If he still did chances are he would be dead after killing the initial first person.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoiseAuctioneer
Originally Posted by citizen01
LOL... It's awfully quiet on the "I'm pro guns in my house to shoot people with" front.

ok tc4italy. We'll hold them and you punch.

I was going to leave it be but you have no clue what your talking about. At what point did I say I kept guns around that I would later use if necesary to keep my government in tact? I understand that I myself could not take one 1/1,000,000 of our nations military.

I own multiple guns and do have one for protection at home. I have a 12 gauge shotgun that is loaded and even has a round in the chamber that stands next to my bedstand. The reason I have this is because I live in downtown and have crazy meth neighbors. Now I do NOT have any kids around that I have to worry about shooting themselves with so I do not see it as a bad choice. Trust me though, you walk through my front door threatening me and I will have a new wall paper in my living room called "Pink Mist"

Any body that believes that guns need to be banned, NEEDS to be shot in the head for being that IGNORANT
LOL... right. The one who uses logic to point out flawed logic in arguments is much more ignorant than the one who wants to shoot people who don't agree with his outlook. You're awesome.

If you're saying that the need for guns to protect ourselves from our gov is out dated then you are disagreeing with the 2cnd amendment which allows you to have a gun in the first place. LOL.. and he called ME ignorant.

I think it is facinating that you keep a gun around with which you admittedly would use to kill a person as it is the best suited tool for the task but you are against weapons specifically designed for killing. Again, I must say, you're awesome.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by seattledave

California is a gross free-for-all when it comes to gangs, illegals, and crime.
I'd never live there, and always choose not to visit.

yeah your views of cali seems very reminiscent of movies and not real califdornia life.
i live in seattle. it's alot like california cept without the heat, gangs, vast amount of illegal aliens and I am able to order my coffee at starbucks without an interpreter.

I've flown into california about 6 times in the last 3 years, all on layovers.

Each time I feel like I'm in a twilight zone episode, the one where even though I'm in america, no one seems to speak english.

How many times have I prayed "All i want to do is order my food and get out of california."

It's one of the reasons I know there is no god. Poverty, hunger, homelessness, I can find a god's reason for, but putting a guy with 10 words of english in charge of the drive-thru, come on?

I live in a relatively peaceful place, and don't even lock my front door.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
No, not everyone, only the ones that are qualified. So Biff, the fraternity keg stand champion would not be allowed, but Sarge, the 4.0 Justice Major with a perfect record would.

It's not necessary for everyone to be packing, only a small portion of the population, and everyone will be protected. Criminals don't like prey that bight back. They just have to know that there are enough people out there with the ability to bight back for them to reconsider their endeavor.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ i would like to also point out that as the laws are now Biff would have no problem getting a gun.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ I would also like to point out that the difference between Biff owning a gun and Biff being legally allowed to carry a gun to class is vast. Also, laws or no laws, if Biff wants a gun, Biff will get a gun, now do you feel more secure? or would you feel better knowing that if Biff might have a gun, that Sarge definitly has one? Keep in mind, Sarge is the upstanding citizen and will only carry if it is legal to do so. Biff has rich parents who can buy his freedom, so he doesn't give a whip.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any of you gun owners "open carry"?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Amen scionofpcfl. The rosey-glassed people who think that laws will prevent this stuff are sadly mistaken. Guns already exist, people. Our borders are wide open, people protest at the hint of us upholding our OWN LAWS and more criminals have guns than anyone else. The issue is with the people who do not follow the laws. They can, will and always will have firearms, period. That is the biggest (not to mention simplest) reason that the rest of us feel the need to have them. I will have them, legal or not, regardless of laws passed... period. If that offends, then so be it. But things like what went down today are even more reason for me to protect my family. And to think that we will not have to protect ourselves from other things is also not correct. You know all those people who live under dictatorships, terrorist rule, etc? Do you think they got there because they all thought thier leaders were good people? No, they had no way to fight back. The FIRST step to a government having its way with the people is to disarm them. I am in no way a conspiracy theorist, paramilitary group member or anything of the sort, but to think the same type of rule could not try to impose itself here is insane and obviously without any history backing.

But the more relevant (and more probable) need comes from the worthless pieces of trash out there that do things like we heard today, the wastes of air known as gang members and any other piece of $#!t that feels they can do what they want to people when they feel like it. And as mentioned, if a person knew that even 10% of a group of people were probably carrying, they would think twice about doing these things. And even if not, they would probably be dead after killing one person rather than 32.

But, like I said, I WILL keep means to protect myself and my family. I could really care less who that offends.

I will have to say one thing against you though scionofpcfl......

OU Rules :D
Old 04-17-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People just want to try to deter irresponsible gun ownership, but they fail to realize it won't change a thing. I am pro-guns because I believe in being able to protect my family, myself, and anyone else's life that is threatened. ALOT depends on being a RESPONSIBLE gun owner. Trying to disarm citizens is like trying to take away drugs like cocaine, heroin, or make people stop smoking pot, it's not a realistic approach. The laws are good enough as they are. Anymore, and then we'll start approaching the age of a Martial Law society.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Italy, here's the difference: The cat is out of the bag here. There are 300 million guns in the US. Stricter policies won't make them go away, they'll only increase their value.
I don't care what the statistics say but thanks for pointing them out
this is my view point on this matter
and I will stand by it
ESPECIALLY today
Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
All that aside, however, I've legally carried concealed firearms for nearly 40 years, and haven't shot anyone yet. Tom
You are a sixty year old man, with a family and stable (I suppose) job on yr back. Most acts of insanity come from lil kids or people with an unstable life. Those are the people I referr (sp) to.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^yes but the control laws are going to apply to everyone, not just insane, unstable people. It will make it harder and maybe impossible for sane people to protect themselves when needed. This discussion is just going to turn into an arguement....Let's all agree to disagree, and say people who are caught with illegal guns, or use guns in a crime should be put away for a long time.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BoiseAuctioneer
You would enjoy watching your significant other being raped while your tied to a chair and cant do anything?
Here is the flaw in yr argument

WHAT if the guy comes up to you with a gun pointed at yr face and says I'm gonna rape you you stay put

the woman is much more "willing" to "agree" than if he came out with a knife or a fork
Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ilovemytC
^yes but the control laws are going to apply to everyone, not just insane, unstable people. It will make it harder and maybe impossible for sane people to protect themselves when needed. This discussion is just going to turn into an arguement....Let's all agree to disagree, and say people who are caught with illegal guns, or use guns in a crime should be put away for a long time.
So wait.. the guy who bought one off the streets is illegal or not?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why is it that almost every non-car discussion always disucsses rape somewhere in it??
Old 04-17-2007, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

this time I didn't bring it up a GUY did
Old 04-17-2007, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Regardless of laws, the guy still would have done what he did today (obviously). So there is the flaw in that argument. Where were the laws to stop him? One legally armed person would have done the trick. All the laws in the world did nothing to stop him. So today only backs up my reasoning.

You know I think you are cool Claudia, but I obviously have strong feelings in this area While I many times agree with you, this is one area I wont sway on :D No hard feelings I hope.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Regardless of laws, the guy still would have done what he did today (obviously). So there is the flaw in that argument. Where were the laws to stop him? One legally armed person would have done the trick. All the laws in the world did nothing to stop him. So today only backs up my reasoning.

You know I think you are cool Claudia, but I obviously have strong feelings in this area While I many times agree with you, this is one area I wont sway on :D No hard feelings I hope.
if he went into the classroom with a knife I'm sure he would have been knocked on the floor before he hurt a fly

but no D. you are entitled to yr opinion as I am to mine so no hard feelings =)

Quick Reply: Anybody Own Firearms? Gun Control?