Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Anyone With Bipolar Depression??? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone With Bipolar Depression??? Need Help

Whats goin on, dont know why I'm asking here but maybe I can get an answer outta someone. Just want to see if anyone here has this or dealt with it? I just read up on it and I basically fit the description for more then a few symptoms. I was wondering if anyone here has this or dealt with it, where do you go to get help?? Do I just go to a regular doctor or I gotta go to some special spot and get tested??? Any info is appreciated
Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My brother has had it for many, many years now. It's a very tough thing to deal with personally, and the family as well. It's good that you are being proactive about it. From what I understand, you need to find a psychiatrist. They can diagnose what you have and what medications, if any, are needed to help you. Just call your doctor now and ask for some recommendations for a psychiatrist. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks i appreciate it, cause something is definatly wrong with me and im just tryna figure out where to start. i broke up with my girl today of 3 and a half years because i simply wasnt interested in her and other things but she lashed out and said that she thinks im bipolar or something the way I just act and do things at certain times. Been very depressed on and off for a while now and just havent been making the greatest decisions and stress levels are way up. trying to explain myself while i was in tears of why I was breaking up all I could keep saying is I dont know whats wrong with me, im depressed, im about to have a nervous breakdown and a bunch of other stuff. after sittin home and realizing all the things I was saying I was like damn maybe I really need to go find out if I got something wrong with me.

Thanks for replying though, gonna hit up the doc tomorrow
Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I could help some, the best thing to do is get some type of help. Who knows, maybe after just sitting down with somebody and telling them how you feel it could help significantly. Best of luck to you and hopefully it all works out.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope you find what your looking for. good luck. I say if you need to talk about anything just post on here. im sure there are more people willing to help.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I would ask that you goto see your medical doctor and they can recomend a good doctor in that field of work.

My family lost over a year ago on April 15th my wifes brother......he took his life violently after suffering many years with bipolar disorders and depression.He never sought treatment even though we did everything we could do to help him get it.The voices told him not to seek treatment which is very comman,he had halucinations,and paranoia........

It is very treatable,not curable,but treatable to the point a person can live a normal life if they take the medications as prescribed and seek medical attention including a pschologist or psychiatrist.......as they tend to be able to see signs of things falling apart very well and can help with keeping life in line and functioning.

Life is precious.......do take charge of yours and seek medical help.......you have everything to gain from it.......
Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I will check back here tomorrow to see how you are doing......let us know man......
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

appreciate the info everybody. i actually slept alright but i looked at some psychiatrists under my medical plan so im calling them today to see when i can set up appoitment to come in. guess this is the first step heh, thanks again ill talk with ya lata
Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rizzie,

I'm glad to see that you're seeking help. There can be a stigma associated with mental disorders, largely because the vast majority of the population doesn't understand them. You have my support, as well as everyone else here in the community who hasn't spoken up yet.

A psychiatrist would be the ultimate go-to on this one. A family physician would be 2nd place, since they are also trained to address common psych issues.

-

As far as all of the different disorders go, the most common one would be Major Depressive Disorder... or simply known as depression. This might be the category you fall into, which would be easiest to address.

Bipolar I - associated with manic episodes lasting 3-4 days, where you don't sleep, have impusive and aggressive behavior, and are excessively happy with delusions of grandeur and superiority. After that, you crash, leading to classic depression lasting for about the same period of time.

Bipolar II - Same as above, just without the excessive manic phase. You bounce from a "hypomanic" state, to the full-fledged depressive state.

-

At no point is bipolar / depression associated with psychosis... so it's important that everyone understands that you won't be seeing/hearing anything out of the ordinary. At this point, you're just not able to "feel normal."

The medications for MDD are extremely effective with few side effects. I've been on them myself temporarily for an acute anxiety/adaptive disorder, which subsided after a month. You feel very normal... still able to be "sad," but without that heavy-heart feeling in your chest. Most importantly, you regain functionality, and have some time to assess your environment before letting emotions make all your decisions.

---

Again, thanks for being so open... and I hope your physician can help you reach the point where you want to be.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gotcha man I hear what ya sayin. Just wanna find out fa sure what it is and how it can be helped. I need the help bad though. I called a few places today from my medical provider and 1 lady turned me down sayin she wasnt taking anymore patients. the other 2 places I called I just got either the number not in service or they were closed. I wanna talk to somebody but personally myself thinking trying to talk to my parents or my sister isnt gonna help me out because I'm not really on a talking level like that with my fam. My friends they would listen or whatever but I know theyll give wrong advice on things. Ehhh this is so damn frustrating lol, so badly I wanna take my darvocet pills for my shoulder just to ease some pain but i know that aint gonna solve nothing. and dont take that as me overdosing or trying to harm myself. ____ this is crazy but i dont know venting out on here got me at least saying something that i wouldnt be saying to anything else and i guess its putting me in a little bit more of a calmer state ya know. anyway thanks for the support. i dont wanna keep blabbin lol i know im not completely insane but just crazy amounts of things are happening at one time and breaking up with my girl for 3 and a half years that was there for me from day one and treated me the best someone ever has and I just straight ruined it because of what I'm tryna deal with which I really dont know what im dealing with?????

im gonna stop venting for a mintue lol
Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rizzie,

Check your PM's. I prefer to discuss your private medical condition in a more private setting.

I am not a physician, but I am one in training. I am not officially authorized to dispense medical advice, but I'll tell you what I know... with the intent of preparing you for, and maximizing your physician's visit.

See you on the PM.

-RT
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

senseiturtle gave a good short description.. but as what they said get some help.. The good thing is that you accepts that a problem exist and you are willing to get some help, that is a good start..

But you havent been really diagnosed right? hopefully is a lil milder than that..

From what i have remembered on my psychiatry, Bipolar disorder usually starts with acute depression from whatever reason.. If depression is not resolved or coped for a long time around 6months, it becomes chronic depression. Bipolar disorder is a combination of depression and mania.. or hypomania and depression.. basically the disorder is all about ineffective coping and the mind utilizing compensatory mechanism to try to cope with the situation or mask the extreme depression.. as mentioned it could lead the person to manifest delusions, ritualistic behavior, OC, mania, hallucination and lots more
Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

dealt with it....
your gonna need a psychiatrist for meds and a psychologist for counseling and possibly a neurologist
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rizzie; I am glad you're taking your condition seriously. We all have issues but some are more extreme
than others. Don't get frustrated if you can't find anybody professionally to talk to right away. Psychologists
are high demand due to the current economic crisis. Be patient and you'll find one. Ending long-term
relationships is hard. Been there, done that. Keep your chin up bro! If you want a good laugh, watch
the movie "Swingers" with Vince Vaughn. A lot of similarities in that movie and your situation. I hope
you get better. Admitting you MIGHT have a disorder is a big step. I got BIG PROPS for you on 'manning up'.

Here's a piece of advice a good friend told me pretty much at your age;

"Worry about what YOU have control over. Don't worry about what you CAN NOT control."

Those sentences changed my life. I hope they help you as well. Good luck bro! We're here for you!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright in case anyone wondering i spoke with a therapist today and have my first appointment on monday. feel like a big relief so far but hopefully it goes well. feel kinda weird about it cause i dont talk about my problems to anybody at all so ill probably feel a lil uncomfortable. but its for the best so thank you to everyone who got involved for a min that didnt have to i appreciate it more than you know. thanks