Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

anyone tinker with the green fairy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anyone tinker with the green fairy?

i've been looking into trying the absinthe and i was wondering if anyone here has tried it before. i saw anthony bourdain on the travel channel and when he was in France he tried some of the best distilled abstinthe (100 year old) and he said it was almost surreal.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I've actually heard it taste like shiot kinda like grass or dirt, but then again they prob. had to sneak in the crappy stuff.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck finding it for less than $150 a bottle(that's the cheap real stuff). Maybe picking some up in canada, but then you might as well smuggle heroin over the border, cuz you'll be just as in trouble.

pretty sure absinthe is totally illegal in your state anyway.

you know what's surreal. LSD, that'll run you $5 and would be way more surreal than absinthe
Old 02-15-2007, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
good luck finding it for less than $150 a bottle(that's the cheap real stuff). Maybe picking some up in canada, but then you might as well smuggle heroin over the border, cuz you'll be just as in trouble.

you know what's surreal. LSD, that'll run you $5 and would be way more surreal than absinthe
who cares if it's illegal. just because it's illegal to eat human flesh and hump dead animals don't stop me from doing it.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

ha, absinthe is illegal in all states and if he wants to try I see no wrong with it (I personally wouldn't though), besides there's way more side effects with LSD the absinthe.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry, i saw that "one way jesus" sign and assumed you would.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

let me refrase myself I wouldn't sneak it in and all but I would def. try it if I ever go the Europe
Old 02-15-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR
ha, absinthe is illegal in all states and if he wants to try I see no wrong with it (I personally wouldn't though), besides there's way more side effects with LSD the absinthe.
my uneducated friend, that's total horsesh!t. smoking 1 cigarette, drinking 1 sip of absinthe is way more harmful to your body and mind than lsd. look it up.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

alright my over reactive friend where would I find this knowledge you posses
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my uneducated friend, that's total horsesh!t. smoking 1 cigarette, drinking 1 sip of absinthe is way more harmful to your body and mind than lsd. look it up.
that sounds like a commie propaganda.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the way dave has been pimpin LSD the past week, you'd think he had some sort of a profit motive.

Absinthe is something I've always been interested in, but not something I'd go to extreme or even semi extremes to get. Hell, if it's more inconvinient than when you had to ask the pharmacist for condoms then I'd be out. Now, if I were somewhere, and it was placed in front of me, who knows, I might give it a whirl.

If they have it in Canada, and you're inclined to a trip up there, I'd suggest not bringing it back accross, but maybe just staying over night (or 2 or 3 or whatever) up north, then heading back down when normal vision returned.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Absinthe can be fun... but don't expect to hallucinate. It is not illegal to have if you are over 21(I don't think) it is jsut illegal to sell in the US. There are many websites that you can order it from. There are also many varieties (some with more extract from the wormwood that is supposed to cause hallucinations). Drink it by taking shots after melting a sugar cube in it. I think of absinthe as little more than a nice party favor. It is also a strong alcohol... usually over 100 proof. Have fun and be safe. Oh and as far as taste... imagine a kind of minty jagermeister but much stronger...rather nice
Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright my over reactive friend where would I find this knowledge you posses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_urban_legends
http://www.maps.org/

really anywhere that talks about actual studies, not heresay
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

still would rather not have trips 6+ months down the road.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by mitchelltc1
Absinthe can be fun... but don't expect to hallucinate. It is not illegal to have if you are over 21(I don't think) it is jsut illegal to sell in the US. There are many websites that you can order it from. There are also many varieties (some with more extract from the wormwood that is supposed to cause hallucinations). Drink it by taking shots after melting a sugar cube in it. I think of absinthe as little more than a nice party favor. It is also a strong alcohol... usually over 100 proof. Have fun and be safe. Oh and as far as taste... imagine a kind of minty jagermeister but much stronger...rather nice
Right on the nose. I think in the 70's it was legal in the states. I think the story goes someone went nuts and they banned it. Not sure though. I've gotten a case of that stuff before and honestly it wasn't worth the money my friend and I paid. It tastes like Liquorice, some say Jagermweser, either way I melted about a hundred cubes of sugar into it cause I hate both Liquorice and Jagermeiser. Save your money, drive to canada and drink beer there. It tastes better and gets you more messed up cause of the alkie content. . . if you're a minor drink your milk until you can drink alkie. lol
Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came back with a few bottles from my last trip to the Czech Republic. About $12 USD a bottle there. You can find it in the supermarkets (Bila) or in tourist shops (VERY overpriced...about double).

Yes, it is more potent than alcohol alone. No, it is not like taking a hit of L. Yes, it does take like black licorce and minty mouthwash. Yes, it is quite fun. No, you should be spending more than $50 a bottle if you buy it stateside as it is not THAT cool or fun.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love it. i jst think the myth behind it is better than the reality. the first time i tried i was expecting some crazy ish but it wasn't bad at all.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

From what i have heard.....Absinthe is no longer the way it use to be....even in other countries....the wormwood extract which is the reason for the Light Trips have been taken out of most and to find ones with the extract in the alcohol....you will need a high dose to experience any kind of hallucinations....therefore a couple of shots probably wont do anything for you....
I myself have actually looked into it as well....but realized that mushrooms will more or less serve the same purpose without the the rarity of Absinthe and bad side effects of LSD!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

MMMM...cigarettes!!!
Absinthe has been outlawed in the USA. I've tried getting it here in the states and found that it was near impossible to get anything that was good. My grandmother at one time had some, but I wasn't even a thought at the time. So, it's fair to say that getting absinthe that you would enjoy would take a jump over the Canadian border or a leap over the pond. Absinte is only rumored to make you hallucinate. Half the things that were/are in absinthe are probably found in our foods today. Back then they were not introduced to all those chemicals that are fed to out livestock and sprayed on our fruits and vegetables. Those chemicals are harsh on the body. Probably more so than LSD.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Found out about it after seeing it in the "perfect Drug" video. Did some research for a while. Seems like every website out there has its own opinions as to which one is stronger/better. Have yet to try it though.

Quick Reply: anyone tinker with the green fairy?