Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

AWWW MAN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default AWWW MAN!

I got pulled over going 115 in 65 last night, this sucks. I have 3 tickets, this is the 4th. 6 points for speeding and 8 for reckless driving, all previous 3 were 20 over, but the last one was reduced to half by a courteous officer, so it was basically 10 over. I think it's safe to say I won't be driving for awhile.

Any tips on this? Or any recommendations? I'm really down because of this.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Default Re: AWWW MAN!

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Any tips on this? Or any recommendations?
1) Take Public Transportation

2) Trade your tC in for a xB

3) When (or IF) you get your license back... SLOW THE F**K DOWN!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Any tips on this? Or any recommendations?

IF???

How long can it be taken away? My friend got his taken away for either 6 months with no driving or a year and only drive to work, he chose for 6 months. I'm not that bad off. Got 2 friends who got DUIs, got 1 who punched a cop when he was drunk, got 1 who tried to elude cops on foot, got one who tried to evade a cop while he was under the influence of pot. I know it seems I hangout with the wrong people, but those was a while back and all of them have straightened up, I guess I'm one of the late ones.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're are the kind that gives the tC the bad name,you're the type who probably weave in and out of traffic and ____ off the safer drivers. i hate to lay it down like this, but after the FIRST ticket it should have told you SOEMTHING

when i got my ticket, 56 in a 45 i drove like a grandma for a LONG time until i got the courage to drive even 5 over again...

14 points, you should never drive again, period.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

IF???
Assuming you don't do anything stupid while your license is suspended (excessive speeding again, DUI, etc).

Of course, I'm only assuming your license will be suspended, here in California, they would have... and impounded your car on the spot for going 115. So yes, it could always be worse.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jake25
you're are the kind that gives the tC the bad name,you're the type who probably weave in and out of traffic and ____ off the safer drivers. i hate to lay it down like this, but after the FIRST ticket it should have told you SOEMTHING

when i got my ticket, 56 in a 45 i drove like a grandma for a LONG time until i got the courage to drive even 5 over again...

14 points, you should never drive again, period.
I was trying to catch up with my friend when I got held back at the stop light, guess that's no way to do that. It will be reduced tho, but it will not be enough tho.

I wonder how much the fines will be, how long the license will be taken away, etc.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IF???
Assuming you don't do anything stupid while your license is suspended (excessive speeding again, DUI, etc).

Of course, I'm only assuming your license will be suspended, here in California, they would have... and impounded your car on the spot for going 115. So yes, it could always be worse.
Oh, I won't be driving without it, it'll so suck tho. Yea, true, it coulda been worse, impounding, wreck, etc.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also you have a 2007 tC, i highly doubtr you even broke it in, going 115 crazy
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No offense, but it should suspended for a very long time to teach you something. Most of us are guilty of running over the limit, but you are just way over the line with all of yours.

You may get your license back fairly soon, but you will be enjoying the highest insurance you can imagine for some time to come. Expect to pay more for insurance than you pay for your car for a few years.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jake25
also you have a 2007 tC, i highly doubtr you even broke it in, going 115 crazy
I had like 1750 miles when it happened.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
No offense, but it should suspended for a very long time to teach you something. Most of us are guilty of running over the limit, but you are just way over the line with all of yours.

You may get your license back fairly soon, but you will be enjoying the highest insurance you can imagine for some time to come. Expect to pay more for insurance than you pay for your car for a few years.
Oh trust me, I've already learned my lesson.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And this is prolly my biggest regret. Anyway, I'm sure I have the worse speeding ticket in a tC in here.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

You should've learned your lesson with the first ticket. I'm serious here, you're a dip____. And thanks for making my insurance age group have to pay higher premiums.

Like another poster said, buy an xB, it'll take you forever to get to 115.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member

yeah man dont worry about it. i live in jersey and my insurance is like 5500 a year cuz i have 9 points and well, i live in jersey. im assuming that CO is not as strict. a guy i know lost his license for 6 months witha DUI. you will probably only lose it for like 30 days or like 3 months. if worse came to worse just kick it for a few months. i know toyota will put your car payments (if you have them on hold) so atleast you wont have to sell your car of or if you have a sweet enough job your boss might just pick you up. just ride it out and see what happens.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member

o yeah sorry dad
Old 08-06-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Wow.. another "smart" post on the auto forums.. big suprise. All of us have sped. But that number of reckless driving offenses and speeding tickets is just plain stupid. You can call me whatever you like.. and be wrong.

I really did not mean to just bash on the original poster personally, and I think he sees my point as well. But if he kept it up he would be without a license for a very long time.. so hopefully this prevents that.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6

You should've learned your lesson with the first ticket. I'm serious here, you're a dip____. And thanks for making my insurance age group have to pay higher premiums.

Like another poster said, buy an xB, it'll take you forever to get to 115.
Sorry...
Old 08-06-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(4) GET BETTER FRIENDS!!!!

Peer pressure is a bizzatch! Hang around with cooler people and you won't be pressured into driving like an idiot!

Due to your previous tickets, I wouldn't be suprised if your license was revoked for a year! What possessess a person to drive like an **** after they already have 3 tickets dumbfounds me.

Where are your parents? I would be ____ed if I had a kid who had 4 speeding(?) tickets. I would take your tC away and make you use the city bus to get around just to teach you that driving is a PRIVILEDGE.

Sorry for preaching, but I seriously hope you have learned your lesson and that you don't get into that much trouble with the law and or parents. Lastly; you may have to drive slower to get where you want to go, BUT AT LEAST YOU (AND OTHER DRIVERS) WILL GET THERE IN ONE PIECE!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really hope you never do this again. I dont care whatever anybody says, if you really have learned your lesson, your not an idiot and as far as im concerned your not a dip____

and if you havent learned i hope you total the tc cuz you wont deserve it.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[sarcasm]OMG MOVE TO JAPAN WITH YOUR DEADBEAT UNCLE, GET IN DEEP WITH YAKUZA AND BECOME THE DRIFT KING[/sarcasm]

Quick Reply: AWWW MAN!