Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Baby, you can park my car..

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Baby, you can park my car..

Baby, you can park my car.. (not my car, hot or not I don't like valet parking. TSM)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Take a few leggy California blondes, throw in a passion for luxury cars, plenty of parties, and a distaste for parking your own car.

What have you got? A multimillion-dollar, female valet parking business, where struggling models and actresses dressed in bikinis, miniskirts or lingerie and Santa hats park the cars of the rich and famous in the Los Angeles area.

Beverly Hills, California-based Girls Valet Parking opened for business less than six months ago. This week, it took over its rival, Valet Girls, and announced plans to expand to San Francisco, Las Vegas, San Diego and Phoenix.

"Given the option of hiring acne-riddled teenage boys in red vests, or beautiful and sexy models and actresses trained in safety and hospitality, we're betting our success that restaurants, boutique hotels, clubs and private parties will prefer the latter," company founder Brad Saltzman said on Wednesday.

Saltzman said the privately held company expected 2006 sales in excess of $3 million, rising to $14 million by 2010.

Clients, most of them movie stars and producers, can request a variety of uniforms, including lingerie, bikinis, capri pants, camisoles and miniskirts.

"If it is legal, we will do it, but we draw the line at nudity or topless," Saltzman said.

About half the business is based on requests for women valets dressed in the traditional dark pants and shirt.

Employees are hired through the kind of casting calls traditionally seen in the movie business and there are plenty of applicants. About 260 women showed up recently and six were hired.

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...oryID=10764024
Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've remember reading that some thyme last year too
Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang, that dude Brad Saltzman is bankin big time.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

beep beep yeahhhh!!!!!!

From a Paul McCartney song.....
Old 01-07-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are branching out to several markets in different cities btw. i'm a little concerned and will not be buying stock for more realistic reasons.

hot chicks and chicken wings together are awesome and that pairing has resulted in funds for a new vegas hotel...."semi-clad girls having a water fight and getting wet while they wash my car" is also great....a "semi-clad hot chick parking my car" is another ball of wax. thanks but no thanks.

moving the seat....changing mirrors to look at make up....hot chick, but she's parking my car!

question....what is the least appropriate job for a "hot" chick beside being a pilot on my airline flight?....anything to do with control of my car and parking it near other cars. i'd rather they get wet and make it shiny than try and park it; just me though.

(not a sexist,a realist.)
Old 01-07-2006, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I can also envision issues of "Where'd this blonde hair come from and why's it smell like perfume??? A valet? Do you expect me to believe that?"
Old 01-07-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I can also envision issues of "Where'd this blonde hair come from and why's it smell like perfume??? A valet? Do you expect me to believe that?"
good point....one company even considered hanging "panties" (obviously emblazoned with the parking company's logo) on the rear view mirror. splain that one ricky.

blond hair, unknown perfume and panties hanging on the mirror?...might as well just wipe your lipstick on my collar as you get out of the car and pass me the keys!

no tip for you homewrecker!

jk