Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Banning Street Racers From SL

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
Originally Posted by blackwagon
freeeeeedom of speeeeeeech
x38654785
Your "freedom" does not apply to a private forum where you agree to follow specific rules to be a part of. If one of those rules happens to be no street racing posts... you'd have to follow it or GTFO.
im not the one to street race or encourage it.....BUT i havent heard of a rule that prohibits "street racing comments"
That's my point. Currently there is not one. And people think they're able to post street racing threads b/c of "freedom of speech" ... which I was explaining doesn't necessarily apply to a site like this. The owners of the site are more than within their ability and control to make that a rule (if they really wanted to).
so MAKE IT a rule that way we won't have individuals like the OP making such suggestions.....listen im not a smoker either but ill stand up for allowing smoking in public areas again.....ppl are way too uptight....and the name calling is deff not necessary...
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He's just trying to stir up stuff cause it's summer vacation and high school doesn't start till next month. He's doing the same thing in the other forums.
http://www.importsnc.com/forums/show....php?p=872999#
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by thekidblue
Originally Posted by SCIONshane
My second line was talking about the people who post about street racing and how they are typically flamed when they post.

I condemned it b/c this thread is ALREADY going exactly where I thought it would go... right in the toilet.
It's only going down the toilet because some people had to be a complete butt and talk about how this was already discussed. So what if this is old? I wasn't around to see it and thus now that I've asked would simply like you guys' and gals' opinions on the subject. Like I said, I haven't been a Scion owner for the entirety of ScionLife's existence.

Maybe when people post up pics or photoshoots of their cars we should tell them that photoshoots/pics have already been posted before and start flaming them?!
Dude calm down lol. Like the man said, it's been discussed. So search and you have your opinions. But honestly why do you need everyone's opinion about it. All you need are yours. Are you pitching this to other forum mods? What's the point if your not the mod that's going to be doing the banning. Are you annoyed of people talking about racing their cars? I honestly think this post is a waste of time. I'm sorry buddy, I'm not hatting or flaming, I'm just letting you know my honest opinion. There's no point to this discussion, when the majority knows the answer.

Added: You already asked for trouble when you started the title : Banning Street Racers From ScionLife why not from forums, why from ScionLife?
1. I'd just like to hear what others have to say.
2. I didn't contact mods and tell them to do anything, I just started this thread, asking everyone as a whole.
3. I know I'm not the mod, like I said, it was just a question, asking your opinion.
4. I said "banning from SL" because I was asking the members of SL. I don't think there is any sort of "inter-forum" message board where I can ask every member of every forum.

Again, why not just stay out of threads if they're a repost and let people who haven't seen it yet have their discussion. Every time I've seen something reposted, everyone who has seen it before jumps on them for reposting and makes them feel like poop. Noone made you check out this thread to start with and noone said you had to reply.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you a new___. This site hasn't seen the internets, so you wouldn't understand the term.

You still don't have freedom of speech here.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the other night I was at a light and this boosted civic rolls up, the light goes green and we light em up. Public streets were crowded and we were swerving around cars and buses, i even had to take the sidewalk for a block or two. We were neck and neck then that VVTI kicked it and once I hit 150mph he let off. Another victory in the books for the almost stock Scion. My kills so far are new Mustang GT Hondas all day, 96 Impala ss Covettes Vipers you name it the list just goes on and on...

You guys know we drive Scions right? lol
Old 08-21-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you a new___. This site hasn't seen the internets, so you wouldn't understand the term.

If I could pick any of the comments in this thread as my favorite, this would be it.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol ^
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

who u calling a new___?

wth is your problem?

did we say something unbelievably stupid?
You agreed with the tool who said 'freeeeeedom of speeeeeeech'. Not only did you agree with him, but you agreed with him 38654785 times.

That is stupid. Unbelievably stupid.
if there are idiots out there that like to talk/brag about retarted street racing then let them....if it's a rule on SL that prohibits them then stop it and ban them......if anyone from up top decides to do that then ill go with it....i could give two poops about idiots that race....but till then let them say w.e they want.....i think its bad enough the amount of abuse the catch/deserve........i usually just jump to the next thread....the more attention they get the more poop they'll talk.....
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^3 moot?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

who u calling a new___?

wth is your problem?

You agreed with the tool who said 'freeeeeedom of speeeeeeech'. Not only did you agree with him, but you agreed with him 38654785 times.

if there are idiots out there that like to talk/brag about retarted street racing then let them....if it's a rule on ScionLife that prohibits them then stop it and ban them......if anyone from up top decides to do that then ill go with it....i could give two poops about idiots that race....but till then let them say w.e they want.....i think its bad enough the amount of abuse the catch/deserve........i usually just jump to the next thread....the more attention they get the more poop they'll talk.....
I guess you didn't see the "vs modded crx" thread. Where I called Travis (rythmnsmoke), a ____ing retard for thinking street racing is glorious.

That's why on page 1, before I started acting like a tard, I said "inb4 travis"
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hwybox
the other night I was at a light and this boosted civic rolls up, the light goes green and we light em up. Public streets were crowded and we were swerving around cars and buses, i even had to take the sidewalk for a block or two. We were neck and neck then that VVTI kicked it and once I hit 150mph he let off. Another victory in the books for the almost stock Scion. My kills so far are new Mustang GT Hondas all day, 96 Impala ss Covettes Vipers you name it the list just goes on and on...

You guys know we drive Scions right? lol
Laughing out Loud!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vincenzo

If I could pick any of the comments in this thread as my favorite, this would be it.
at least someone has the ***** to apologize in here......regardless....i KNOWWWW you guys have a blast flaming on ppl that start threads like that.....
Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I wasn't actually apologizing, I was saying sorry for calling you something you wouldn't understand.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't actually apologizing, I was saying sorry for calling you something you wouldn't understand.
Nice.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...33483&start=80

Here ya go, it's a good read. Not too long.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by thekidblue
He's just trying to stir up stuff cause it's summer vacation and high school doesn't start till next month. He's doing the same thing in the other forums.
http://www.importsnc.com/forums/show....php?p=872999#
I didn't start that thread. And school starts Tuesday, but what's school got to do with it anyway?

Secondly, I didn't say "Hey, we should ban racers from the site", so what's all this about a rule saying no site suggestions? I was asking what you guys thought about it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

who u calling a new___?

wth is your problem?

if there are idiots out there that like to talk/brag about retarted street racing then let them....if it's a rule on ScionLife that prohibits them then stop it and ban them......if anyone from up top decides to do that then ill go with it....i could give two poops about idiots that race....but till then let them say w.e they want.....i think its bad enough the amount of abuse the catch/deserve........i usually just jump to the next thread....the more attention they get the more poop they'll talk.....
I guess you didn't see the "vs modded crx" thread. Where I called Travis (rythmnsmoke), a flippin' retard for thinking street racing is glorious.

That's why on page 1, before I started acting like a tard, I said "inb4 travis"

i remember going thru that thread and i do recall some name calling....i just don't like ppl doing it over the net ....in anyway im past that.....
Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

So before the lock, let me clear somethings up.

Street racing is for total retards who will eventually either die(lol good), crash(lol almost good), or kill someone(lol bad) for being a complete tool.

This thread isn't directly about street racing, but more about a rule about talking about street racing. About.

I said you're dumb for thinking you have rights on this forum. I didn't call you dumb for fighting against street racing, since you're 100% right on that topic.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

TBH, I say let them talk about street racing, it just shows how dumb they are. I'd be even funnier if someone notified the authorities about an upcoming race .

Banning people in real life > Banning people on the internet

Quick Reply: Banning Street Racers From SL