Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

BEWARE OF E-MAIL Scams THE EXPOSURE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default BEWARE OF E-MAIL Scams THE EXPOSURE

Hey guys, I taught that I can share this to you. Have you ever get this kind of e-mail at work???? Well two weeks ago I figured it's a scam, but just by curiosity I played along with this. This thread will show you each e-mail reply from this guy name Ting, and a suposed bank manager from agriculture bank in China. See the e-mail below.

**NOTE THAT I'AM INTENTIONALY WASTING THE SCAMER'S TIME**

-----Original Message-----
From: tin_yeng@excite.co.jp [mailto:tin_yeng@excite.co.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:29 PM
To: tin_yeng@excite.co.jp
Subject: [***SPAM***] From Dr. Yeng Tin

From Dr. Yeng Tin
Manager of One of the Agricultural Bank of China(ABC)
Guangzhou Branch.
China.

Dear Friend,

I am contacting you base on mutual trust as I do not want problems but just
hope you can assist me in actualizing the under mentioned project.I am in
control of the sum of one million, eight hundred and fifty thous and US
dollars ($1,850,000.00) which was an excess of profit made by our Eastern
Guangzhou Branch Office in the Last quarter Financial Summery of last year
2006, The afore Mentioned amount I have been carefully placed in an Escrow
Deposit Account with systematize procedures without declaring it to my
executives.Can I really trust you to hold this money for me until I arrive
your country and pick it up myself and you deduct 30% of the total money as
your commission if you accept my offer you can contact me immediately.

All I need, is you to provide me with a good current bank account where I
can move this money through a laid down modalities.

I will confidentially, give you all the information concerning the account
and the date of deposit so that you can apply to the bank for the release of
the money. It will be a bank-to-bank wire transfer. I hope you understand my
situation.

Be rest assured that this transaction is absolutely risk free.I await your
urgent response and your details.reply to Email: tinyang78@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you and God bless.
Yours truly,
Dr. Yeng Tin
I sent a reply with my hotmail. The guy wants my Identification. This looks so real becuase I gave him my contact number and he called the same day. He reasured me that this is not a scam, but later on I'll show you what gives it away a scam.

Sent : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:55 PM
To : jesse oronigo <*********@hotmail.com>
Subject : Update

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Jesse,
Thank you quite immensely for your reply mail.

As I was saying all we need in this transaction is "cooperation/partnership”. As I told you in my last mail, I placed this money USD$1.850,000million in Escrow Account in our bank head office here in China without any beneficiary information. Therefore, I want to place your information as the owner/Title-holder of the US$1.850,000. And all you need do is to forward me your information, which I will fix-in on the Account information and that will make you the real owner of this money with back up sworn-statement. I want to let you know that all the legal papers that may need from in any charges has been place and when you will know what are doing and say when you get to the bank for this transfer.

Below is the information you need to forward to me.
1. Your full name
2. Contact address
3. Telephone and fax numbers
4. Age
5. Occupation
6. Marital Status
7. Your Identification

if you send me these mentioned details, I will fix-in your details on the Account, and I will forward you the contact information of our Head-office Bank in China, where you will apply for the transfer of this money immediately.

But, please very important, I want you to assure me that you will not betray me, we will share the money as I told you earlier; 30% for you and 70% for me, and I will arrange with my wife to come over and meet you for my share in your country, and you will assist her to establish investment in your country because my dream is to invest abroad with you.

I wait for your response.
Best Regards,
Dr. Tin Yang
Pretty much this guy wants your Identification, however this guy is not interested in your bank account, even if you give him a wrong one. So I went ahead and answered his questions of course using a bogus bank account. The next day he sent a e-mail with instruction to foward the letter to so called"ABC Bank". E-mail address was provided to foward to..

Sent : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:55 AM
To : jesse oronigo <**********@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Update

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Mr.Jesse Oronigo,

Thanks for your respond, what I want you to do is to contact the bank with the email below, I have proved the account in your name as the really owner of this funds. This is now your funds and your account, please send the application I have write for you to the bank and soon you hear from them please kindly let me know, and remember that you will not call my name in this transaction, because I’m still working with the bank, I will live soon the money is transfer will write my resignation letter. Please you need not to open new account ok, the money can transfer two time , when is time to transfer you will tell the bank that you have two account that the fund can transfer to ok.

Contact the bank now;
AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA (ABC)
Www: ab-c@dr.com
E-mail: ab-c@dr.com
Tel:0086-137-2539-1934
Fax: 0086-130-566-6744

Here is the application letter I want you to send to the bank

PLOT 42BN Platinum Street,
L.A.P. O. BOX 1213 Madina
Guangzhou, China.
Tel:0086-137-2539-1934
Fax: 0086-130-566-6744

SUBJECT: APPLICATION FOR A WIRE TRANSFER OF MY FUNDS UNDER ACCOUNTS NO: 8405556500 DEPOSITED ON 14/9/06

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

This is to inform you that I, Mr. Jesse Oronigo have an account here in your Bank, which I would like to verify the status and request for an immediate wire transfer of my funds into my nominated Bank Account in my Country for investment venture.

I am, therefore, requesting you’re good office to please wire transfer my funds amounting to one million, eight hundred and fifty thousand US dollars ($1,850,000.00) Only

Acct: Name:Mr. Jesse Oronigo
Account number: 8405556500
Swiss code: 60412
Routing number: 0994461122
Amount deposited $1.850,000.00USD.

Please advice me what next to do for the transfer to hold immanently. I humble myself and request that you please process and transfer my funds as soon as possible. Your help and immediate action on my request will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mr. Jesse Oronigo
Later on that day I get an e-mail from so called "ABC Bank". The e-mail message was type to sound real. MR Mark in his e-mail requested that a copy of a deopist slip and passport is needed prior fowarding the account..

Sent : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:28 AM
To : "jesse oronigo" <**********@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: APPLICATION FOR A WIRE TRANSFER OF MY FUNDS UNDER ACCOUNTS NO: 8405556500 DEPOSI

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : transferletter1.doc (0.04 MB)

Atten: Mr. Jesse J Oronigo.

Dear sir,
In the process of your fund transfer of USD$1,850,000.00, kindly find the attached letter for transfer requisite and Your co-operattion is highly needed to enable us make your transfer.

Mr. C Mark

PLOT 42BN Platinum Street, off Desman Road
L.A.P. O. BOX 1213 Medina
Guangzhou, China.
Tel:0086-137-2539-1934/Fax: 0086-130-566-6744
Www:ab-cchina@dr.com
The attached letter simply states that in order to further process my fund to transfer, I will need to pay a wire transfer fee of .21% of the total funds ($3855) total in all. It may be payable via Money gram or Western Union using this address:

Ms. Mary Johnson
PLOT 42BN Platinum Street,
L.A.P. O. BOX 1213 Madina
Guangzhou, China

I played along a gave the manager excuses that I can't pay the full amount. here are some of the replies Mark sent to me...

Sent : Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:53 PM
To : "jesse oronigo" <********@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: Transfer Porcess Alternative payment???

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Attn: Mr. Jesse,

Dear Sir,

Your funds has been approved for transfer sure, But will only proceed on it when you make this payment, your fund was deposited in Escrow Account and made only for transfer process, we urge you to make this payment today to enable the foreign remittance department pass your transfer files. The policy of the bank will only welcome your fully when we get the payment and make your transfer.

We due hope you understand.

Thanks for banking with us,

Mr. C. Mark,
I told him about Paying $2000.00

Sent : Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:20 PM

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Attn; Mr. Jesse,

Sir,

Thanks for your phone communication this morning, the bank can only proceed in this way, you make the payment of $2000usd, soon the fund transfer and clear on your account you complete the payment. Please contacts the bank back on the assistance to enable us know if really we shall continue on your transfer today.

If truly, send with the name provided and back get back with the info.

Regards,

Mr. C Mark,
--
In the meantime, I was sending e-mails to Ting, giving him updates and stuff, even the wire fee transfer suggesting that maybe he can pay the wire funds and I reimburst him when he comes over. Here are his e-mails:

Sent : Thursday, March 15, 2007 6:00 AM
To : jesse oronigo <********@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: Update; Got confirmation.

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Jesse,
Send the slip with and your account details, the bank will tell you how the transfer will work out with your account details, I want you to be fast to enable the transfer hold this week.
Wait to hear from you,
Dr. T Yang

jesse oronigo <********@hotmail.com> wrote:
Godd day Mr. Tang.

I'm about to send the slip to the bank. Can you assit me on how to transfer
this fund to my account. So far I can use First Hawaiian Bank to hold this
fund. Acknowledge if this is okay.

Best regards

Jesse Oronigo

>From: Tin Yang
>To: jesse oronigo
>Subject: Re: Update; Got confirmation.
>Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:16:08 +0000 (GMT)
>
>Dear Jesse,
> I’m very glad that the bank has confirm you for the transfer, please
>help to share the joy in me now, please send this slip with your passport
>copy, anything the bank ask you and cant understand please update urgent. I
>want this transfer to hold this week, let the bank know that you need this
>fund to be transfer as soon possible.
>
> I wait to hear from you,
> Regards,
>Dr. T. Yang.
>
>---------------------------------
> What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of
>your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.

><< Deposit_slipJesse.JPG >>
Here He tries to push me to quickly process the payment...

Sent : Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:33 PM
Subject : Re: Update

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Friend,
Please I want you to try your possible best to make the bank transfer this money, you are only hope and I believe since the bank has proved the transfer all you need to do was to follow up urgent. Anything you can do to make it up please do, I will give part of my share for this assistance.
Thanks,
T Yang.
I told him the story that I don't have the money and will try to get a loan, I also informed him that I requested the Bank to extend my transaction..

Sent : Friday, March 16, 2007 12:31 AM
Subject : Re: UPDATE

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Jesse,
I believe that is nice, but first contact the bank on this regards to let Mr. C Mark know that you will be making the payment by Monday Ok.
Thanks,
Dr. T Yang
Sent : Friday, March 16, 2007 1:25 AM

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Attn; Mr. Jesse Oronigo,

Dear Sir,

Your mail is received and the content is well understood, you file will only be open from now till Tuesday next week, for the transfer you have two option, send the money through Money gram or western union, I believe that money gram will be easy and cost less, because we only receive foreign payment in this manner that is up to $10,000usd by account, sorry but is our policy.

We shall not expect any delay on your transfer again. Your request is agreeable to Tuesday next week.

Regards,

Mr. C Mark.
Later on I will post you the documents and further e-mails that led to waht give it away as a scam.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:51 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i can't believe you even replied to that e-mail....
but yeah.. i guess if you realllly did want to know...

i think most of us just know to delete crap like that.. (i hope)
Old 03-28-2007, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
i can't believe you even replied to that e-mail....
I know... like I said, I was playing along. The real losers are the ones that realy felt for it. Like I said earlier, I gave them incorect account numbers (I NEVER LET ANYONE KNOW MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION.) As far as a passsport, I never sent a copy of it but they approve for the transfer wich of course this the first sign of a scam

1.) PASSPORT WAS REQUEST BUT NOT SUBMITTED, HOWEVER BANK APPROVES THE TRANSFER REGARDLESS NO ID WAS SENT.

A little detail of the acount being transfered is an escrow account. You go to any bank, I Identification, phot copy of Passport with valid number is a must. Even thought I sent the attached deposit slip to Marck the banker, he did not request or asked about Passport ID.

A little note (Mark and Ting is the same person, I give yo details that exposes them how)
Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

This is awesome!

I've had an email scam like this before. Of course, I didn't eff with them like you are.

Perhaps if you can't send the Money Gram, the bank will accept a 1 karat diamond ring sent by express mail?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Oh, and it's awesome that you're totally wasting this scammer's time.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2.) DOCUMENTS ARE OBVIOULSY FALSE.

When I got the attachement from both Ting and Mark, I notice something that didin't make sense. 1. Banks would normally need originals docs right?
Heres the deposit slip that Mr Ting send for me to foward to mark ABC Bank.

Notice the Icon of the company?? Africa? I thought this is a bank form china? Also look around the icon of africa, there are lettering around it that has been erased. (lousy job if you ask me) the icon is similare to the Nigeria bank scam couple of years ago? If it were true, the icon should be Agricultural of China like this...

The deposit slip is bogus.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

And the date... right?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3.) DON'T BE FOOLED BY RECONFIRMING RELATIONSHIPS

At one point of the e-mail communication, I gave him good news regarding that I was able to pay for the transaction. Mr. Ting will send you a message reassuring relations and his (But not really his) passport copy to send you. All though many will think at this point right now, this guy is for real. However even though he has send me his so called passport, a look closer reveal that even the passport is bogus..

Sent : Friday, March 16, 2007 8:00 AM
Subject : Re: GOOD NEWS

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : tin.JPG (0.05 MB)

Dear Friend,
I’m glad to hear from you, what I want you to do please is you can find away to make the money reach the bank before then it will be great. I will live to you soon this fund is transfer to your account.
I attach my passport to you to clarify good relationship with you as my good friend and partner.
Thanks,
Dr. T Yang
Now if this guy is going to meet me after this so called transaction buisness is finished, how the hell is he going to leave China with an expired passport?

See red cirlces, epired on June 2002???

When I question him reagarding the deposit slip and passport (I did not mention about the expired date btw). Also I request that he called me to reassure relations again (making him that I sound nervous). He reply to me that following monday..

Sent : Monday, March 19, 2007 1:05 AM
Subject : Re: Questions before I proceed

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Dear Jesse,

Thanks for your mail; I’m very sorry that you couldn’t hear from me over the weekend, I will try to make up thing about my coming, because I believe this fund will be transfer this week. About the passport all Chinese passport is written in our language that is why it look like that ok. As I told you before so far the bank has approved the transfer nothing will hold it, trust me, I told you all thing work with trust, honest, and success, my brother what we both need now is think about what business we can do with this fund, me and my family will come to your country to live and stay for life soon this is done. Please i thing I want to let you know is that you need to keep this transfer in your mind, money is not all that good to announce for such cases. If you hear from you bank and make the payment kindly update the bank to enable us if the fund will be transfer today.

Regards,
Dr. T Yang

Dr. Tin Yang

I have some questions regarding this transactions that has alerted me just
now.

1. Deposit slips show an icon of Africa? I thougth this deposit slip is from
Agricultural Bank of China which should have the Icon of that company.

2. Your Passport shows some proof editing on your name and photo.

Please acknowledge me that this is for real as I already gave out my bank
account information to Marck C. In the past there are scams like this and I
want to know that this is not one of them. I reasoned my self regarding the
passport. (Maybe was edited becuase names on passport on Chines characters?)

Please reply my e-mail as I stll have hope that this is a eligimate
buisness. I need to reasure that I can trust you now that I did some
homework. I'm still getting the answer from the bank today. Please if you
can call me at 1-***-***-**** to reasure our relations.

Your Freind,

Jessse Oronigo
He admitted that he altered the passport, saying that it's written in Chinese. (Note that foreign passport will have the Naotions language and english together, especialy China, Japan, Korea, ect....
Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
And the date... right?
Well, the date is not significant. In the letter, they claimed and used my name that I deposited on the 14th of september 2006. To make a transaction of an escrow account, it must be withdrawn out maybe after three months. The guys here in this scam are clever to use an escrow account to draw people into this get rich scam. Also thier smart becuase in order to withdraw an escrow account, you have to pay the wire fee and it can't be withrawn from that account. Smart. But very deceitful.

Just like the Nigerian E-mail scam, all they want is the money you send to pay through Money Gram or Western Union. Which leads me to the next Exposure
Old 03-28-2007, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4.)BEWARE OF TRANSACTION REQUEST BY MONEY GRAM OR WESTERNUNION

Why? Simple, you cant trace the person after they pick up the mail. I asked why I can't make payment via wire? Mark from the so called ABC Bank, say they can't recieve it becuase their are a foreign bank. (FALSE). You can make payment to the bank as long as yo provide them three things:

Swiss code (foreing trade number)
Routing Number
Account number

Western Union is the fastest way to send money as long as you fill out the information. However, once a payment is transacted, it can never be recovered. Even if you file wioth Western Union that you have been fraud, there's nothing they can do for you except provide the pick-up list.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

They did a Dateline NBC episode on one of these. It was like "To Catch a Predator," but they did it on internet scams. Scams like this one are coming out of Africa. The sad thing is that people actually fall for this. It was funny to watch what they were doing to them. They were making the scam artists go from place to place and then when it looked like they were getting tired they would let them know that they were reporters. Beware of crap like this and please don't fall for it.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
They did a Dateline NBC episode on one of these. It was like "To Catch a Predator," but they did it on internet scams. Scams like this one are coming out of Africa. The sad thing is that people actually fall for this. It was funny to watch what they were doing to them. They were making the scam artists go from place to place and then when it looked like they were getting tired they would let them know that they were reporters. Beware of crap like this and please don't fall for it.
Excactly. In fact, this scamer is in China. I guess he was inspired by the ones in Africa. The only reason why I did this is to see if this is the same scenerio that was happening from Africa. And sure enough, it is.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5.) IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE CHECK THE INTERNET, RESEARCH THE BANK IT SELF

I did a little research on Agricultural Bank of China. It's one of the biggest bank in China. But whats interesting is, does anyone check the official web site? Or actual contact numbers? Mostly branches are in Hong Kong. The address that was provide by Ting and Mark di dnot match any address in China. The number I called did not know any english. Wierd.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by Guamsilverbox671

I did a little research on Agricultural Bank of China. It's one of the biggest bank in China. But whats interesting is, does anyone check the official web site? Or actual contact numbers? Mostly branches are in Hong Kong. The address that was provide by Ting and Mark di dnot match any address in China. The number I called did not know any english. Wierd.
Is your name Chris Hansen?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
Originally Posted by Guamsilverbox671

Is your name Chris Hansen?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, the Chinese business man using a UK yahoo account would've told me it was beyond a scam. But I too have played around with these morons before. If you have ever heard of Bizarre magazine, they had a guy who totally screwed with those guys from Nigeria. He had them send in pictures of them getting tattooed or holding signs. The one I love is there is a guy holding a white sign that says, "I felch wombats for Charlie Manson".
Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Heh,

I believe this sport is called "scam baiting". It's funnier when you can get the scammer to take funny pictures of themselves (allegedly) doing strange things - wearing a fish on their head, getting tattoos of funny words, etc.

Check out scambait.com and 419eater.com
Old 03-29-2007, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

6.) YOU KNOW IT'S A SCAM IF THE GUY IS PUSHY

Later I was playing with both e-mails from Ting/Mark. Makeing excuses about the wire fee. I even made a logical sense about payin $21.00 to transfer $10000, and later pay the transfer for the remaining balance which makes sense. However, these guy didn't like the idea and insist that I make at least $1000.00 payment first.

First excuse I made was time zone difference from my (imaginary) bank

Sent : Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:01 AM
Subject : Re: Transfer Porcess Payment

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Attn: Mr. Jesse O.

Sir,

Your mail is noted, Please make sure the transfer doesn’t pass this weekend, we can give you time from now till then, also urge you to cooperate with the bank to enable good work on your transfer.

Regards,

Management.

----- Original Message -----
To: ab-c@dr.com
Subject: Transfer Porcess Payment
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:00:02 +0000

Hi Mr. C Mark,

I just realize that time zone is differrent between Guam and
Hawaii. It's Tuesday over here but is still Monday over at Hawaii.
I Humbly ask if I can extend till tomorrow (wednesday). Note that
my funds drawn out to pay the wire fee is scheduled on their time
zone. Once I get the funds tranfer to my checking account, I'll
immedialtey transfer the wire fee via Western Union. Please accept
my apologizes for the little comunication.

Best regards
Jesse J Oronigo

> From: "ABC FURTURE"
> To: "jesse oronigo"
> Subject: RE: Transfer Porcess Alternative payment???
> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:25:00 -0500
>
> Attn; Mr. Jesse Oronigo,
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> Your mail is received and the content is well understood, you file will
> only be open from now till Tuesday next week, for the transfer you have
> two option, send the money through Money gram or western union, I believe
> that money gram will be easy and cost less, because we only receive
> foreign payment in this manner that is up to $10,000usd by account, sorry
> but is our policy.
>
> We shall not expect any delay on your transfer again. Your request is
> agreeable to Tuesday next week.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mr. C Mark.
Remember I mentioned earlier that I know that Mark and Ting are the same person? Here's the email below. Note that Ting is upset becuase this is been happening over a week and doubts that I have any money. He suspects that he's being played.

Sent : Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:54 PM

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Jesse,
I hope you are not playing with my time, what I want to know from you is, the total charges requested from the bank, how can you rise, let tell yourself the truth and see the solution to the problem, dose not let this bank think you are the real owner of this fund.

How much do you have with you?
Dr. T Yang

Dr Ting,

The bank did not approve for my loan. However I'm negotioting right now with
ABC to see if I can get a partial transfer form the Escrow Account. I'm
seeing if I can transfer at least $10000 today becuase the fee to transfer
that amount is affordable ($21.00). Also I mention that once I get the fund
cleared, I'll transfer the rest since I should have enought to pay for the
remaing amount of the transfer. Please let me know if this is okay. Awaiting
for your reply.

Freind,
Jesse
Last E-mail I got before he knew I was playing with him,

Sent : Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:08 AM
To : "jesse oronigo" <*********@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: Transfer Porcess Payment

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Attn: Mr. Jesse O.,

The bank has no time for any negotiation with you in this juncture; we have given you long time on this matter. The only help the bank will render if you can come up with about $1000, we can make transfer and hold back transfer charges soon.

I hope you proceed on this urgent, because we have no time left.Please send a copy of your passport is needed.

Management,
Sent : Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:57 AM

| | | MY E-Mails | Inbox

Jesse,
I’m not happy for this delay and I believe you understand my position, I have discuss with my friend concern this problem, I want you to send the bank $1000usd I will use my friend to send the bank $1000 in your name soon you concern to me that you have made the payment, Please stop asking bank if they could transfer part of the fund, it dose not look real by you bearing the owner of the fund, I will not be happy when you made the bank cancel this transfer.
Get back urgent,
Dr. T Yang

At this point He figured that He was being played, and there was no e-mails from him since.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madzozs
Personally, the Chinese business man using a UK yahoo account would've told me it was beyond a scam. But I too have played around with these morons before. If you have ever heard of Bizarre magazine, they had a guy who totally screwed with those guys from Nigeria. He had them send in pictures of them getting tattooed or holding signs. The one I love is there is a guy holding a white sign that says, "I felch wombats for Charlie Manson".

There's been a site/guy featured on the news and magazines many times for scambaiting...

http://www.thescambaiter.com

Look for a guy by the name of "TheFailure" and click the links to his baits in his sig. I highly recommend the following (they're all long reads but well worth it):

********WARNING*********

It's best to not consume liquid beverages while reading anything on that site. Damage to your keyboards and other computer components are highly likely.

1. Adebola the Animal Seller: TF (The Failue) by somewhere around page 14ish has the scammer take pictures naked, holding sticks of fire, sign around his neck, bucket on his head, and a string attatched to a rock attatched to his "Mr. Happy".

2. ANY of the Anus Laptop baits (mainly the Cole sagas) many broken appliances have been shipped to nigeria on the scammer's dime

There's people who have gotten scammers to do "homosexual" things and snap pics (fyi, homosexuality is HIGHLY frowned upon in Nigeria), and one guy even got some scammer to put on this pen-is cream which he made and had the scammer pay for the shipping... it contained icy hot, habanero sauce (I believe) amongst other ingredients and snap pics.

Many of those pictures are not work safe, but the baits they have going on there are often quite hilarious. Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time there. I've done some baits myself.

There's a lot of resources and tips and TONS of helpful information on that site for scambaiting.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

com'on. This guy seems lagit to me. He's trying to make a living.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF E-MAIL Scams THE EXPOSURE