Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

bird vs. porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default bird vs. porsche

wonder how fast this dood was going? I bet he was cooking, but a bird could prolly do this to an xB doing 50...(prolly be the other way around...'xB do this to a bird'...)

note: pictures are of a graphic nature, and if you are eaisly upset, disturbed, or otherwise unable to view graphic things, please do not click this link.

http://68.1.181.49:8080/bird/index.html

I think it was a tie.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow.. thats so crazy.. hes just lucky it was not over a bit further towards the driver.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

eww,if that happened to me in my car, i would probably puke if all that stuff got on me and my car.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That is nutz...could you imagine that?! That would be nasty to clean up....
Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

damn thats crazy
Old 12-16-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-16-2005, 09:40 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

boy thats just as bad as those pics of deers pics but those deer pics are lot bloodier then that bird, i still have 'em but am not going to post 'em too graphic
Old 12-17-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I didn't think the Boxter was capable of going fast enough for a bird to go clear through the windshield and land on the rear window like that. Either that or they faked it, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would fake something like that and ruin a perfectly good car.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

chickn bird flu soup. yummy
Old 12-18-2005, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NHGrafx
I didn't think the Boxter was capable of going fast enough for a bird to go clear through the windshield and land on the rear window like that. Either that or they faked it, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would fake something like that and ruin a perfectly good car.
If the Boxter was on the freeway going say 110mph+ bird is flying say 20-30 mph it could happen but the Boxter wouldve deffinatly had to have been on the freeway.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Either that or they faked it, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would fake something like that
true, but HOW could you fake that? a bird cannon?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:22 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox
Either that or they faked it, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would fake something like that
myth busters did it when they were using frozin and thawed chickens getting blasted out of (there home made) air cannon right into an airplane windshild
Old 12-18-2005, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hornet_on_flower
Originally Posted by cherryBox
myth busters did it when they were using frozin and thawed chickens getting blasted out of (there home made) air cannon right into an airplane windshild
what was the outcome of that? did the chickens make it thru the windshield?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Imagine my surprise to find that 'bird cannons' exist.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:34 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

made it thru and went splat on the blast sheild behind the front half of the airplane
Old 12-19-2005, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is crazy.. What kind of bird was it? Cant tell that great from the pick.. Looks like a duck or something? What ever it was, I have a few questions about it..

1. Why would a bird of that size be flying that low to the ground?
2. Why would a bird of that size be near public road ways flying that low?
3. How would the bird impact just right to go through the window & not get bounced over the slope of the windshield like most bugs do? I know the mass of the bird, but it would have to probably been coming down at like a 25* angle from the sky to the car to break.
4. Would his insurance pay for that or is he SOL?

I have seen pics of small birds getting stuck in a windshield ie: there beak breaks through the glass but they dont have enough mass to make it past that.. Thats over all crazzy & I probably would have ran off the road & into a tree or something, just from getting the crap scared out of me from that kind of impact.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.....I wouldn't quite say it's not capable. My Boxster S broke 150 on a track - and still had steam to go - but track was to short. It's rated for about 160 stock. More than plenty to punch 10lbs of avian flesh through a windshield.

My dad while in a high speed chase on Hwy101 one night punched an huge owl through the windshield and wasn't doing but about 100 (and continued the chase and caught the runner too!)

doesn't take much to go through the glass. ask all the people who go OUT the windshield in low speed wrecks - had someone do it in a culvert right in front of the house on a tight curve - couldn't have been doing more than 20-25.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
That is crazy.. What kind of bird was it? Cant tell that great from the pick.. Looks like a duck or something? What ever it was, I have a few questions about it..

1. Why would a bird of that size be flying that low to the ground?
2. Why would a bird of that size be near public road ways flying that low?
3. How would the bird impact just right to go through the window & not get bounced over the slope of the windshield like most bugs do? I know the mass of the bird, but it would have to probably been coming down at like a 25* angle from the sky to the car to break.
4. Would his insurance pay for that or is he SOL?

I have seen pics of small birds getting stuck in a windshield ie: there beak breaks through the glass but they dont have enough mass to make it past that.. Thats over all crazzy & I probably would have ran off the road & into a tree or something, just from getting the crap scared out of me from that kind of impact.
1. NA Ring Neck Pheasants are birds that are on the ground WAY more than flying. They stay low since theyre a big bird. My dad has hit one before.

2. They do.... they hang around cornfields, and alot of the time cornfields are built right up to the road.

3. Theyre big damn birds. I wouldnt want to find out. That Porsche had to be going fast with a rake angle of that windshield Im guessing.

4. Most will for animal damage. Unavoidable. Pay deductable, and you're okay.

The thing that baffles me, is that I thought Ring neck pheasants were sole to the North American and Asia. The plate throws me on this. Maybe it was just not a registred car, or maybe I just dont know where pheasants are. They probably are in other countries, I just didnt know.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From that last picture, it looked like a chicken. And since chickens can't really fly, it may have been dropped off an overpass. (Kids, don't try this at home )
Old 12-19-2005, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im pretty sure its a ringneck pheasant, my dad used to raise em, so im pretty confident is one , and the license plate, maybe he has german plates, like some bBs here have jap. plates

Quick Reply: bird vs. porsche