Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Bush Ratings At All-Time Low

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Bush Ratings At All-Time Low

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1350874.shtml

Poll: Bush Ratings At All-Time Low

NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2006
(CBS/AP)

Fast Fact

In a bright spot for the administration, most Americans appeared to have heard enough about Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident.

(CBS) The latest CBS News poll finds President Bush's approval rating has fallen to an all-time low of 34 percent, while pessimism about the Iraq war has risen to a new high.

Americans are also overwhelmingly opposed to the Bush-backed deal giving a Dubai-owned company operational control over six major U.S. ports. Seven in 10 Americans, including 58 percent of Republicans, say they're opposed to the agreement.

CBS News senior White House correspondent Jim Axelrod reports that now it turns out the Coast Guard had concerns about the ports deal, a disclosure that is no doubt troubling to a president who assured Americans there was no security risk from the deal.

The troubling results for the Bush administration come amid reminders about the devastating impact of Hurricane Katrina and negative assessments of how the government and the president have handled it for six months.

In a separate poll, two out of three Americans said they do not think President Bush has responded adequately to the needs of Katrina victims. Only 32 percent approve of the way President Bush is responding to those needs, a drop of 12 points from last September’s poll, taken just two weeks after the storm made landfall.

Mr. Bush's overall job rating has fallen to 34 percent, down from 42 percent last month. Fifty-nine percent disapprove of the job the president is doing.

For the first time in this poll, most Americans say the president does not care much about people like themselves. Fifty-one percent now think he doesn't care, compared to 47 percent last fall.

Just 30 percent approve of how Mr. Bush is handling the Iraq war, another all-time low.

By two to one, the poll finds Americans think U.S. efforts to bring stability to Iraq are going badly – the worst assessment yet of progress in Iraq.

Even on fighting terrorism, which has long been a strong suit for Mr. Bush, his ratings dropped lower than ever. Half of Americans say they disapprove of how he's handling the war on terror, while 43 percent approve.

In a bright spot for the administration, most Americans appeared to have heard enough about Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident.

More then three in four said it was understandable that the accident had occurred and two-thirds said the media had spent too much time covering the story.

Still, the incident appears to have made the public's already negative view of Cheney a more so. Just 18 percent said they had a favorable view of the vice president, down from 23 percent in January.

Americans were evenly split on whether or not Cheney's explanation of why there was a delay in reporting the accident was satisfactory.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I hope we survive long enough to see this tyrant leave the office he has destroyed, that is unless he decrees that the constitution needs to be changed in order for him to run for unlimited terms.

Changing freedom, one civil liberty at a time ..
Old 02-28-2006, 02:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think its funny that everything people complain about him was out of his control (other than Iraq war, that some can argue stems from an incident out of his control, 9-11).

The UAE port deal has nothing to do with him backing ownership. It has to do with him allowing foreign nations the right to buy a company. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A PURCHASE.

He couldnt control katrina. Yes the incident could have been handled better. But something makes me think Bush doesnt sit down and decide if Mary wouldnt-leave-my-flooding-house Smith, should be rescued or not. There are agencies that control disasters.

Bush doesnt make every decision on his own. But if it goes wrong he is blamed. Yet you dont here anybody praising what he does correctly. What does he do correctly? He manages to maintian our rightds of americans and keep us from being owned by some other country. We havent fallen into a great depression, we have electricity, we can protest, we can type on a computer, we can go to school, we can go to dinner, we dont have curfews, we dont have love the leader or die days, we arent murdered by the leaders kids for something fun to do, we arent gassed by our leader, we dont join in on marches just to make the leader happy, we can have a job with an income, we arent communist, we can have as many kids as we want.

All just examples of some of the things other countries dont have. You may argue that most is constitutional rights. But if one was taken away from us....you would blame Bush wouldnt you? Then why not thank him for not loosing the right??
Old 02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats nothin new at all just wait untill jeb runs for office
Old 02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, well more americans watched "Dancing with the stars" and "American Idol" than the Olympics. Let's just say that I don't have a lot of faith in the opinions of the general public.
Besides, those polls can be highly biased depending on who was polled and where.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, that settles it... I'm not voting for him again!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
Well, that settles it... I'm not voting for him again!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Wow proof that you can believe anything you want. Here are some clever quotes from the previous post.

Bush doesnt make every decision on his own. But if it goes wrong he is blamed. Yet you dont here anybody praising what he does correctly.
-"What does he do correctly?" - Not much
-" He manages to maintian our rightds of americans and keep us from being owned by some other country. " - Many of our privacy right were stripped from us with the Patriot Act, enacted by Bush. Over of third of our country is currently owned by the Saudi's, the very same people who orchestrated the 9/11 attacks.
-"We havent fallen into a great depression" - Bush has taken us from a surplus to a national deficit greater than any other president in history.
-" we have electricity, we can protest, we can type on a computer, we can go to school, we can go to dinner, we dont have curfews, we dont have love the leader or die days, we arent murdered by the leaders kids for something fun to do, we arent gassed by our leader, we dont join in on marches just to make the leader happy, we can have a job with an income, we arent communist, we can have as many kids as we want. " - These so called rights you mentioned cannot be taken away from us due to the mastery of previous government policies and documents, by far no incredible effort of Bush.

And furthermore rather than turn this into a Bush bashing post I'll simply say this. No president intentionally decides he wants to bring harm to its citizens. What is apparent is that this president has an outside agenda that is adversly affecting our everyday lives. And thats Bad.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I have to say to Bush supporters is.. I voted for Kerry.. I think that clarifies my opinion on the monkey.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burkpe
I voted for Kerry
Old 02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
Wow proof that you can believe anything you want. Here are some clever quotes from the previous post.

Bush doesnt make every decision on his own. But if it goes wrong he is blamed. Yet you dont here anybody praising what he does correctly.
-"What does he do correctly?" - Not much
-" He manages to maintian our rightds of americans and keep us from being owned by some other country. " - Many of our privacy right were stripped from us with the Patriot Act, enacted by Bush. Over of third of our country is currently owned by the Saudi's, the very same people who orchestrated the 9/11 attacks.
-"We havent fallen into a great depression" - Bush has taken us from a surplus to a national deficit greater than any other president in history.
-" we have electricity, we can protest, we can type on a computer, we can go to school, we can go to dinner, we dont have curfews, we dont have love the leader or die days, we arent murdered by the leaders kids for something fun to do, we arent gassed by our leader, we dont join in on marches just to make the leader happy, we can have a job with an income, we arent communist, we can have as many kids as we want. " - These so called rights you mentioned cannot be taken away from us due to the mastery of previous government policies and documents, by far no incredible effort of Bush.

And furthermore rather than turn this into a Bush bashing post I'll simply say this. No president intentionally decides he wants to bring harm to its citizens. What is apparent is that this president has an outside agenda that is adversly affecting our everyday lives. And thats Bad.

And what pray tell is that agenda??? And what is your source?
Old 02-28-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

This whole administration is OIL based, what source? Take your pick any other media than the Bush Daily News speaks of how the middle east has bush in its pocket. Again, I'm not going to invest the time here to educate the lazy. The answers are out there, remove the blinders and research the information outside your particular conservative news outlet.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:02 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This will turn into a huge debate I dont have time for. We both could argue back and forth.

The fact of the matter is, he was elected a second time, and the majority elected him. So obviously he didnt do that bad, or americans are just plain dumb when voting.

If the answer is americans are just plain dumb when voting, then that totally kills the poll that says how good he is doing.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I voted Kerry. I find Bush to be an ok president. Granted no one is perfect. I see Bush Sr running additional term through Bush Jr. I see the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. I see the common man losing his/her job because of free trade with mexico(initiated by Bush Sr). I'm not happy with Bush Sr, or Jr. I see Bush talk all the time and he seems so... "slow".
But then again I do see the better side of Bush. Where we have started a war that will go on for another 2 years. A war where I have lost 2 friends and 1 came back home injured, but they won't let him leave because they state that it is not war related. Story is, he was in a hummer and it hit a mine, the hummer flipped and he was the gunner. He was thrown from the hummer and was in critical care, but that's not war related.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is the Army's idiotic point of view, not the administrations....We all know what a SNAFU that can be. Tell your friend thank you for keeping us free, for me, please.

trk, I will thank you not to talk down to me ever again. I am not insert-twist on Bush. Only a fool agrees with anyone all the time. You have been allowed to form your opinions and you would do well to allow others the same liberty.
And do not call me lazy again.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

wow ... talk about hitting a nerve, well then sir yes sir, I'll cease any future comments on the matter for fear of retrobution and further retaliation regarding the matter. I wouldn't want black helicopters circling my house as I have my IP address traced back or anything.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stop whining about Bush, you have a job ?and a new car ?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
wow ... talk about hitting a nerve, well then sir yes sir, I'll cease any future comments on the matter for fear of retrobution and further retaliation regarding the matter. I wouldn't want black helicopters circling my house as I have my IP address traced back or anything.

Your little world sure has plenty of room for conspiracy theories, doesn't it... Try this on for size... you, me, none of us, are worth the government's time. Don't flatter yourself.

Yes sir, you hit a nerve... I expect an adult to have more knowledge about the world we live in to be better informed.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SCXB
Stop whining about Bush, you have a job ?and a new car ?
This sums it up very well and hints at what I was talking about. If he really was that bad, we would be owned by brazil or something and working in sweat factories.

No president is perfect.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, the last perfect man wasn't welcomed either.

Quick Reply: Bush Ratings At All-Time Low