Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Bush Ratings At All-Time Low

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
Originally Posted by oldmanatee
Hey, the last perfect man wasn't welcomed either.
You're not drawing comparisons to Christ, are you? Please tell me that's not what you meant.
Nah...I think he was talking about me.

I'm proud of my humility.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Repugnican response to al gores energy plan

The idea would beito use instead renewable energy like wind, solar, and biomass.
This, the Vice President claims, will help us reduce our nearly 60-percent dependence on imported
crude oil.

http://rpc.senate.gov/_files/63000Gore.pdf

In a speech in Toronto, Mr Cheney said that "conservation may be a sign of personal virtue, but it is not a sufficient basis for a sound, comprehensive energy policy.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Now post the video of all the Democrats voting for the invasion of Iraq. A vote they cast after being shown all of the very same information Bush was shown.
Who voted for invasion? I remember Bush asking for the authority to use force so that he could have that as leverage to negotiate with. It was, as he said, "only as a last resort". Once he had the okay were were off and running and that's where Kerry had his "flip-flop" of voting for authorization and then against it. He supported the President then decided it was a mistake.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hornet_on_the_flower
for lint i gave up on pres. bush
Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"I notice that some of you don't approve of myself, or my little bushbuddy...but that's allright. No hard feelings. In fact, me and some of my friends are going a little hunting trip later..wanna come?"
Old 03-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

NEW YORK -- According to new documents released today by the American Civil Liberties Union, the FBI is using counterterrorism resources to monitor and infiltrate domestic political organizations that criticize business interests and government policies, despite a lack of evidence that the groups are engaging in or supporting violent action.

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/spying/...s20051220.html
Old 03-02-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Duker
NEW YORK -- According to new documents released today by the American Civil Liberties Union, the FBI is using counterterrorism resources to monitor and infiltrate domestic political organizations that criticize business interests and government policies, despite a lack of evidence that the groups are engaging in or supporting violent action.

The fact that you consider the ACLU as a reliable source for information, tells me everything I need to know.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just because lots of people have crappy jobs with no health insurance does not mean the economy is in good shape. On a superficial level the economy is in decent shape, but the foundation is crumbling. The gap between rich and poor is larger than ever and growing. Personal savings rates are at an all time low and personal debt is at an all time high. More people than ever are living paycheck to paycheck and bankruptcies are rampant.
The only thing holding up the economy right now is that people are continuing to spend money. Where is this money coming from?
Sooner or later all this "free money" is going to dry up and with it the economy.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are just as guilty as Bush. A bunch of spineless self centered worms. They voted for the war (actally use of force) cause

1 Bush said without the vote saddam would think our ultimatems were bluffs
2 Repugnicans painted anyone not backing the president at the time as Unpatriotic
3. They all wanted to get elected again.
1. Bush was right.
2. So they caved to peer presure. When have they ever cared what the republicans thought?
3. Obviously
Bush has been a horrible president. I believe he just trusts whatever people (advisors, military, lobbyists, etc) say is 'best' for the country and goes along with it. I really don't think he is stupid, I think the problem stems from the fact he wants to be pres for the wrong reasons. He does seem very disconnected from the job and I believe that makes him come off as stupid.

To say that the current administration and others on the opposite side of the fence did not take advantage of 911 for political gain is to be living in denial. It has all happened before and will no doubt happen again.

All one has to do is know their world history and see what has happens in similar circumstances historically with countries forced into the same mindset. The Reichstag fire of 1933 stands out in my mind as the most relevant.

Much like 911, the governing body at the time was convinced strongly in believing that in order to combat a terrorist threat, they had to give up rights. Certainly one can draw the parallels to the cessation of certain civil liberties in the "patriot act" with "Reichstag Fire Decree", and the quick granting of "executive war powers" Bush received to the "Enabling Act". History has proven much more than met the eye was occuring. I wonder how history will view us based on this repeat?

Wake up please. To claim ANY president is infallible or perfect is borderline delusional. The real problem we are facing is that both parties are are corrupt with money and power. The system has become something it was not meant to be. Is that better or worse? I don't pretend to know. History will determine this. But don't think we are now the same country we were supposed to be or think we are.

We preach ideals of MLK Jr, but do the opposite. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

Flame on.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

The fact that you consider the ACLU as a reliable source for information, tells me everything I need to know.
Gee. What if it's true? Does it matter where truth comes from? If it's true I mean.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

Matt A says
The fact that you consider the ACLU as a reliable source for information, tells me everything I need to know
Well gee Rush Limbaugh doesnt mind them representing him

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,108140,00.htmlMust be true its from Fox News
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gee. What if it's true? Does it matter where truth comes from? If it's true I mean.
No, it doesn't really matter. You're right. I just have a HUGE problem with the ACLU and anything they are connected with. These are the slimebags who will rally to fight for the "rights" of convicted murderers and child molesters, do anything they can to erase all traces of religious freedom in this country, yet flat-out refuse to represent any Christian cause who's civil rights are being threatened.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Wow. I clicked on the link to the ACLU and ACTUALLY read the article. As it turns out the documents the ACLU released were FBI documents acquired through the Freedom of Information act.

Amazing.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any Christian cause who's civil rights are being threatened.
Hey Matt, (Caveat: Im really not trying to start a fight here), Im curious what Christian has had their rights denied. Seriously.. I want to know. I haven't heard of this. It would be something that needed investigation.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned
SL Member

These are the slimebags who will rally to fight for the "rights" of convicted murderers and child molesters, do anything they can to erase all traces of religious freedom in this country, yet flat-out refuse to represent any Christian cause who's civil rights are being threatened.
And Rush Limbaugh
Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

No, it doesn't really matter. You're right. I just have a HUGE problem with the ACLU and anything they are connected with. These are the slimebags who will rally to fight for the "rights" of convicted murderers and child molesters, do anything they can to erase all traces of religious freedom in this country, yet flat-out refuse to represent any Christian cause who's civil rights are being threatened.
Okay, that's reasonable. I even agree that they seem to pick some "wrong" causes.

We just need to remember that the "CL" part of their name is based in the Constitution.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

These are the slimebags who will rally to fight for the "rights" of convicted murderers and child molesters, do anything they can to erase all traces of religious freedom in this country, yet flat-out refuse to represent any Christian cause who's civil rights are being threatened.
And Rush Limbaugh
You're renewing my faith in the American People.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
Hey, the last perfect man wasn't welcomed either.
You're not drawing comparisons to Christ, are you? Please tell me that's not what you meant.
Nah...I think he was talking about me.

I'm proud of my humility.
Since I am so tired of the same p*ssing contest I'll just reply to you guys.....

Uhhh, no, I would NEVER ompare anyone to my Lord and Saviour, I was saying that people don't like even someone who has done no wrong....

Next, I wouldn't stand by matt in a thunderstorm for a while... he just might get struck by lightninhg...
(but that was a great reply)
Old 03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm, I hope this is not news to anyone. The gov't infiltrating groups that are aganist its policies has been going on for AT LEAST 40 years.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or at least the last 230 years.... For the Gubment to protect us, they need to watch us. Some more than others.

Quick Reply: Bush Ratings At All-Time Low