Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Bye Bye TC ~ Hello MazdaSpeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kanundrum
hmmm gotcha. what suspension work did u have on ur tc ?
It was just stock. The only mods I did on my TC were appearance, I didn't do anything for performance except for the TRD exhaust system.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hah told ya
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hmmm gotcha! well going from stock to a speed3 is a world of diff. glad you like it man!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
looks good man! i went from an xB to a MK5 GTI and im having a blast! god i love the sound of that turbo! enjoy it!
I was also looking at a MK5 GTI. It was fully loaded, Nav, package 2, DSG, and it was another demo model used by the VW service manager so it had 8K miles on it. That was a really slick car. But it was just a little too expensive and I was worried about VW reliability. My brother had 2 Jettas and each one he got rid of after 2 years cause they were giving him so much trouble. I love GTI's though. Congrats on that ride!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

its really hit and miss with the a dub. my family has had 3 in the last 5 years. all are perfect. BUT all 3 were built in Germany. i had 3 MK3 Jettas built in Mexico that had engine lights on every 3 weeks. usually minor stuff but stupid none the less, engine/tranny was built proof...i got the GTI because its built in Wolfsburg. Im not worried.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

here we go again
Old 07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
here we go again
didnt i just read a claim that you kept up with a porsche in your tC?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Read better.

Anyway i'm not gonna bother get into another idiotic "discussion" with you.

OP congrats on the new car, as long as u like it that's all that matters.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

god for bid someone has a different opinion as you....

OP..i read a few weeks ago about the MS3 sheering the motor mounts clean in half...have they fixed that? what about ECU remapping? i havnt looked into anything of the MS3, i know the 2.0T get crazy gains froma chip. i would assume that mazda is the same way
Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a recall to fix the motor mounts. I am bringing my car back to the dealership Friday morning so they can install Sirius and I am going to ask if they can make sure that recall has been performed on my car.

I didn't ask about reflashing the ECU. 263HP is more than I really need. I do know that Mazda offers a CAI and exhaust package that will add another 30HP. I didn't ask about pricing on that. I just don't have the extra money to think about that right now.

It's a shame they didn't make this car AWD like the MazdaSpeed 6. It would have dropped half a second off is 0-60 times and been faster than an EVO or WRX (but not the WRX STI).
Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

yea AWD would a been nice. but im sure the price would of jumped up a few grand. that car is a steal for the price. i heard alot ppl complain about the ECU controlling the power in 1st adn 2dr to avoid torque steer. what are your feelings on this? does it work? Is it annoying? How is the torque steer?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

stock tc is garbage.
mazda ftw.
sapan the mazda3 rental stock suspension is just way better than our cars. it'd be fun to hook up. now i'm curious as to how the speed3 and speed6 drive
althought i'll admit there's a metal grinding noise i hear when i start the car and it only has 37k on it.
congrats on the car
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ashiva
stock tc is garbage.
mazda ftw.
sapan the mazda3 rental stock suspension is just way better than our cars. it'd be fun to hook up. now i'm curious as to how the speed3 and speed6 drive
althought i'll admit there's a metal grinding noise i hear when i start the car and it only has 37k on it.
congrats on the car
I was like 'wtf' was that noise
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i test drove severla mazda's at the zoom zoom event. didnt like how they handled it felt to weighted mushy on turns.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
yea AWD would a been nice. but im sure the price would of jumped up a few grand. that car is a steal for the price. i heard alot ppl complain about the ECU controlling the power in 1st adn 2dr to avoid torque steer. what are your feelings on this? does it work? Is it annoying? How is the torque steer?
Torque steer isn't bad at all. Redline is pretty low, 6700RPM I believe. But after about 5500RPM power drop noticabley. The engine is best between 2700 - 5000 RPM. So if you love to rev your engine (Honda lovers) then this isn't the car for you. You can feel that there is some power bleeding out in 1st and 2nd. 3rd gear feels amazing though. And you do need to shift into 3rd to get to 60mph.

The ride is a bit rough. This is definitely not a car for someone who wants both power and a comfy ride. But it's not so rough that people wanting a performance oriented car would be uncomfortable with. The 18 inch wheels do make more noise than the TC made, but with the radio on you don't notice it.

The TC had auto up/down windows for both driver and passenger. The MSP3 has just auto down for the driver. I'll get used to it, but it was a nice feature to have in the TC.

The automatic climate control is nice though. I never had that before. And the automatic headlights and wipers are sweet too. The Bose system sounds equivalent to the Pioneers in the Scions. Not having a moonroof is killing me. The Xenon headlights are cool.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

OOO u got gt packges schweet :D
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 AM
SL Member

hey man sorry im a little late but congrats on the MS3!!! i would trade my tc in anyday for a MS3, if i could afford to own both then i would, but im poor. that car hauls a*ssss!!! 2nd gear a little wheel squeal, gotta get some azenis for or some better tires for the car. that car is just plain awesome though! it just sucks that the computer limits the boost when the steering wheel isnt straight, in order to get the full 15 psi of boost the wheel has got to be straight, but there's always a way to get past that. the car is all around great i fell in love with it as soon as it came out. congratulations hope youve been enjoying it, you definitely gotta take that on the track one day and let us know how you do!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dispatcher138
Originally Posted by 13edge
Nice ride man. How roomy is it? Would a 6'4" guy fit comfortably with room to shift?
speaking of roomy my dad who is 6'7'' fits into a mini-cooper

Yeah, the mini-cooper, aerio, and xA's are fine for room. The mazda just looked tight in those pictures. I'm mainly curious, because for the price, the mazda is almost a steal.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dispatcher138
Nice ride man. How roomy is it? Would a 6'4" guy fit comfortably with room to shift?
speaking of roomy my dad who is 6'7'' fits into a mini-cooper

Yeah, the mini-cooper, aerio, and xA's are fine for room. The mazda just looked tight in those pictures. I'm mainly curious, because for the price, the mazda is almost a steal.
Rear seat legroom is surprisingly tight. The clutch seems to be a bit grabby too. Getting a smooth launch is pretty hard.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye TC ~ Hello MazdaSpeed 3