Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

calling it quits

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
1AZ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default calling it quits

when is it time to call it quits and stop modding your car ! ive had my car for like three years now and i just dont have the passion anymore to mod it !

what did i loose?
there used to be a spark when i saw a part or something i wanted for my car and know its like i dont care anymore.

evan now i started a project to try and do something to my car and i dont evan care to finish it! homeade triple gauge pod!

is anyone else going through this?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm interesting...I've had my integra for about 5 years now and I still looooove modding it .....

are you perhaps indecisive? or..um what's that word... Fickle? Like, you like something for a short time but then get sick of it easily?? hmmmmm
Old 01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

i have been through that in the past on other cars. Sounds to me like you need to take a break from all the mods or find a friend that is completely psyched up about modding there it's kinda contagious at time
Old 01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait so r u done with modding cars or just the tc cuz if its just the tc then maybe its time for another car
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
1AZ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

more like i dont feel like modding my car ! ill always help to modd someones car but i cant justify spending all my hard earned money on my car anymore and besides that im at a point were everything is getting to the expensive side .

no im not picky i still love my car i just drive it . like you would just drive a pos .

theres no passion in evan driving it anymore like i used too!

i think i need a break or a hobby switch!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:50 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

time for a new car
Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
SL Member

why not take a break from modding it but by all means still post on here and hang with friends that are into cars...just take a break from putting your money into it. Maybe even do something you've been wanting to do but couldn't cuz you put the money into your car...
Old 01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive heard of this disease before but i did not think it exsisted, maybe you just need a break or are you just to busy with other things that your car has come second or third or even worse fourth....I got this way when i played guitar and i had so much other stuff on my plate the least important thing fell off the list....
Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 PM
1AZ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wel i think im gonna take a break from my car for awhile and not think about it and see what happens .

i thought i was the only one with this problem!

well i have another hobby i want to start getting into ....

my nitro truck maybe i should just try modding that thing and have more fun with that and when im done with that or i break it enough ill give a go at modding the tc and see what happens! maybe summer or laterer in the year!

by all means im on sl everyday to see whats new and if i can help anyone out with problems or suggestions!

sl rocks

but i have another form im getting into ! lstforums .com for my truck!

but ill never forget about SL

you guys are great!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a.d.d.

hey lets ride bikes
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I tooka year oof from modding now I am going all out
Old 01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
SL Member

Im basically done with modding my car... i need to start saving up since all my money i got from working went into my car... lol my bank account hasn't even seen more than $1000 (got close but all gone)
Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^know what you mean my bank account hasn't seen more than $500 since i got the car and know i'm poor i'm going to stop for a while now and save money though
Old 01-31-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hit the realization a few years ago that modding cars wasn't for me. Sure, I'll do little things here and there, but all the mods I do are now more for comfort, rather than speed or style. I realized I don't need a fast car to drive back and forth to work. Plus, when you take into account the cost of life after college, it really makes more sense to spend money on other things.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350

are you perhaps indecisive? or..um what's that word... Fickle? Like, you like something for a short time but then get sick of it easily?? hmmmmm

ha that's why i'm never happy...
Old 01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
I hit the realization a few years ago that modding cars wasn't for me. Sure, I'll do little things here and there, but all the mods I do are now more for comfort, rather than speed or style. I realized I don't need a fast car to drive back and forth to work. Plus, when you take into account the cost of life after college, it really makes more sense to spend money on other things.

Same here... no need to spend much on your car when your not a "mod heavy" person... plus there are better things to spend money on
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My problem is I Mod too much, I cant stop, constantly changing my mind on what to do/buy next. I need to stop but cant seem to.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1AZ
more like i dont feel like modding my car ! ill always help to modd someones car but i cant justify spending all my hard earned money on my car anymore
You're growing up. I don't mean that as a slam to those who still like to mod. But the fact is, at the end of the day...it's just a car. Cars are lousy investments to begin with. Even if you keep them 100% bone stock they still loose an incredible amount of value at a ridiculous pace. Mods are even worse. You can spend $10,000 on mods alone and still not raise the "book value" of your car by one dime. In many cases you make it worth even less. Sure, it's fun. It can be a great hobby. But sooner or later you're bound to realize that spending every last cent of your hard-earned money on a car is just plain silly. As you mature and have new interests and new responsibilities, you will have MANY other things to spend your disposable income on. Or even (gasp) save some!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Originally Posted by 1AZ
more like i dont feel like modding my car ! ill always help to modd someones car but i cant justify spending all my hard earned money on my car anymore
You're growing up. I don't mean that as a slam to those who still like to mod. But the fact is, at the end of the day...it's just a car. Cars are lousy investments to begin with. Even if you keep them 100% bone stock they still loose an incredible amount of value at a ridiculous pace. Mods are even worse. You can spend $10,000 on mods alone and still not raise the "book value" of your car by one dime. In many cases you make it worth even less. Sure, it's fun. It can be a great hobby. But sooner or later you're bound to realize that spending every last cent of your hard-earned money on a car is just plain silly. As you mature and have new interests and new responsibilities, you will have MANY other things to spend your disposable income on. Or even (gasp) save some!
Well put, it just sucks I agree with you, because I don't wanna grow up at 24

It's still fun to put little things here and there on the car, but as far as spending a ton on turbo kits, body kits, paint jobs, wheels etc, it's just not worth it IMO. I bought the Hotchkis lowering springs over a year ago, and they are still sitting in the box because I don't want to get new struts and wheels and a camber kit and everything else.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Originally Posted by 1AZ
I kinda agree with you there- especially on the new interests and responsibilities and savings-

I also agree with teamben158 :

I realized I don't need a fast car to drive back and forth to work. Plus, when you take into account the cost of life after college, it really makes more sense to spend money on other things.
After college, my money had to start going into regular living expenses but mostly to paying back student loans- So, granted I still like to somewhat mod my car, its usually nothing extreme and, well lets just say I limit myself to one major purchase for the car a year ( and by major, I mean like new rims, or some nice seats) It does take forever that way to mod a car but on the flipside, I do save a lot of money. Annnd, I don't do car shows anyway so there is no deadline or rush for me to get certain mods-- i do at my own pace

Quick Reply: calling it quits