Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

can't we all just get along? NO!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default can't we all just get along? NO!

okay, there have been many, many, MANY posts of people complaining about how scionlife has been going downhill. now i'm not a very long time member having only been here since last fall, but i think i can deduce what is wrong here.

scions were introduced by toyota as a new hip brand of cars with the premise that they were all blank canvas for the younger generation of car enthusiasts to personalize into an expression of themselves. so as the first people to get the cars began modifying and customizing them, the united online to talk, discuss and so on about the car and formed clubs, shared knowledge and experiences. announced discovery of new parts and so on through scionlife. and while the numbers were small and the major common interest was their love of scion, things were peaceful and it was good.

over the years, scions have become more and more popular and more and more owners and enthusiasts have joined the scene and so did the number of differing opinions on what was cool or hip to do to cars and what was trash, or rice etc. people argue over what is wrong and right to do to a scion. stupid kits with dellusions from fast and furious come on and keep asking about the zpi stage 0 kits, or how much nitrous they can dump into the engine, or how they can improve the handling because they don't know how to park the stupid thing. lots and lots of people who just don't understand the very fundamentals of how a vehicle with an internal combustion engine functions.

the problem is that as the community grows, there are going to be more and more people in it that you don't get along with. it is just a statitical fact, but you all have to remember what brought you to this forum in the first place, your love of the scion brand and this is what unites us, not your modification preferences, political or religious affliation or sexual orietation or what you think is rice or not. we are all here to share about our cars, if you don't like what somebody posts, yeah, it's a forum, voice your opinions. if somebody has an opinion that you don't like, oh well, it is just their opinion, everybody in the world has one and you aren't going to like them all. GET OVER IT A MOVE ON!

let me dumb it down for the noobs, alot of people like pizza right? but not everybody likes the same toppings on a pizza right? just because i hate anchovies doesn't mean i can't enjoy my love of pizza with others right? okay then.

SO STOP COMPLAINING THAT THE SCION FAMILY IS GOING DOWNHILL, AS THE COMMUNITY GROWS, IT IS NATURAL TO FIND MORE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO DISAGREE WITH!

unfortunately there is an inverse relationship between the grow of this community and the average I.Q. of all of scionlife's members.

alright, rant over, i open the floor to discussion on this thread for people to state their greivences.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only been a member here for two weeks, and man, you have changed. You didn't used to be like this....oh wait....

Just remember, just because something isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it's bad. There are lots of things I don't like, but I still understand why someone else would like it, and I can appreciate the time and effort that went into it.

It's like Grandpa used to say, if everybody liked the same thing, they would all be trying to get on Grandma.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: can't we all just get along? NO!

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
okay, there have been many, many, MANY posts of people complaining about how scionlife has been going downhill. now i'm not a very long time member having only been here since last fall, but i think i can deduce what is wrong here.

scions were introduced by toyota as a new hip brand of cars with the premise that they were all blank canvas for the younger generation of car enthusiasts to personalize into an expression of themselves. so as the first people to get the cars began modifying and customizing them, the united online to talk, discuss and so on about the car and formed clubs, shared knowledge and experiences. announced discovery of new parts and so on through scionlife. and while the numbers were small and the major common interest was their love of scion, things were peaceful and it was good.

over the years, scions have become more and more popular and more and more owners and enthusiasts have joined the scene and so did the number of differing opinions on what was cool or hip to do to cars and what was trash, or rice etc. people argue over what is wrong and right to do to a scion. stupid kits with dellusions from fast and furious come on and keep asking about the zpi stage 0 kits, or how much nitrous they can dump into the engine, or how they can improve the handling because they don't know how to park the stupid thing. lots and lots of people who just don't understand the very fundamentals of how a vehicle with an internal combustion engine functions.

the problem is that as the community grows, there are going to be more and more people in it that you don't get along with. it is just a statitical fact, but you all have to remember what brought you to this forum in the first place, your love of the scion brand and this is what unites us, not your modification preferences, political or religious affliation or sexual orietation or what you think is rice or not. we are all here to share about our cars, if you don't like what somebody posts, yeah, it's a forum, voice your opinions. if somebody has an opinion that you don't like, oh well, it is just their opinion, everybody in the world has one and you aren't going to like them all. GET OVER IT A MOVE ON!

let me dumb it down for the noobs, alot of people like pizza right? but not everybody likes the same toppings on a pizza right? just because i hate anchovies doesn't mean i can't enjoy my love of pizza with others right? okay then.

SO STOP COMPLAINING THAT THE SCION FAMILY IS GOING DOWNHILL, AS THE COMMUNITY GROWS, IT IS NATURAL TO FIND MORE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO DISAGREE WITH!

unfortunately there is an inverse relationship between the grow of this community and the average I.Q. of all of scionlife's members.

alright, rant over, i open the floor to discussion on this thread for people to state their greivences.
I think that the most mature explanation to whats going on. It happened to hondas, so it was bound to happen to scions. The scene is real big now. Bigger than expected.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i mean, my point is, no matter where you go, your not going to get along with everybody. do you get along with all your roommates at college? all the people in your quad? all the people on your floor? your dorm? all your neighbors on your street where you live? everybody at your school? in a classroom? at work?

no, you are never going to get along with 100% of any group of people. but it is easier for people to leave something like the scion community than it is for them to drop out of school, quit their job and move, because no matter where they go, the same thing will happen, they will find people they like, but also more people they can't stand. you just have to take the good with the bad, and hopefully the good outways the bad. just because scions are cool and we all love them doesn't mean that there will only be good times. you can't even have nothing but good times with your own family, spouse, or even your best friend. there are always hardships but you can't have highs without lows. so just go with the flow folks.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think that's the best way to explain it. I can give you a few names of people on here who I think need to be banned. I think the mods need to be a lot harder on some of the posters. And some people need to have an attitude that I have, like if someone says something you don't like, say alright and move on.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i mean, i remember when reading a thread titled "a sad day in the scion community" was a post letting us know that one of our beloved fellow scion enthusiasts had passed away. now they are all about "so and so, the head of the such and such club stepped down because he can't stand what a bunch of losers you guys are with all the fighting and back stabbing and rather than try to do something myself to make a difference, i'm going to b!tch about it and blame the new guys!"
Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As a member for 3 years, I say WERD!

I still come looking for ideas, share my ideas, look for deals on parts.

I dont come to argue or get into the pettyness.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ that thread is how I got here! but yeah, some people need to grow up! This isn't elementary school! And if they don't like how things go here, then leave. I'm also getting tired of seeing goodbye ScionLife threads. If they got a new car, those threads are okay but if its to tell they cant stand the people here then leave w/o telling us. Most of us probably won't even realize you were here or left. I'm not trying to be an @$$, I'm really a nice guy but some of these people just need to grow up!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think everyone should get along with me, because at some point, everyone realises that i am right and they are wrong.

I AM THE WINNER!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

The explanation given in the OP is very Scionlife specific. I think it's just way more simpler than that and universal across all boards in message board land.

Almost every single message board has drama. It has to do with easy it is to type how we really feel to each other, misunderstandings in tone and anonymity. It's also easier to type out how much better your opinion/thought process is than others (like me, right now, lol), which is always a crowd pleaser, thus causing others to be offended... yadda yadda yadda.

I think this is all normal for a message board. It's not fun, of course but there is always something you can do about it and that's to stay out of the drama, read past it and/or avoid it. If you don't feed into it or play in it, it magically has nothing to do with you.

It's hard and boy, I could certainly take my own advice.

I would never wish the Supermods here to be more active than they already are... at least until the mods have published rules or guidelines that they, themselves have to follow. If and only when there is a set code of conduct and guidelines and processes for them in situations such as banning, they should be given more encouragement to be harder on the rules. Even the best of people need some sort of predetermined structure to their authority, if anything to protect themselves.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think we can all get along...

but there are a lot of people on here that love drama and it looks like they are always waiting to pick fights with people and often times they are wrong...

I think these people forgot this was a car website because I have not heard much car talk come out of them in some time...

I think that is the problem... This isn't a drama and _____ing site, it's a car site, so when these people bring the drama and _____ing to a site that us car guys (and gurls) love, we tend to get a little ____ed off...

but I hope we can all just get along..

JOE
Old 04-30-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its life nothings perfect, its more debating then arguing to me
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Friends this is the internet. ****** are everywhere, and everyone seldom gets along.

If you think Scion Life is bad, I'm sure at least some people here have seen the _____ing and flaming that goes on on some of the other 4 banger forums. Compared to the morons there this place is nothing. And that's not even including the pretentiousness in a place like Supra forums, or the "you don't know wtf we're talking about so get the f" out" attitude you sometimes get on rotary forums (RX7, RX.

This place is a lot different. Less A'holes and more first time car owners. You make it sound like Scions have been around forever. If you think its bad now, wait 5 years when the member base gets even bigger.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the Real World!!.....

People are "Petty"....

An opinion is made...then the Person gets "Butt Hurt"...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

VVTi just kicked in yo!!!! That is all
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as a 4 year old troll member, scionlife has always been boring
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM