Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

CONTEMPLATING....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and for another record.... I drove 75mph passing by a loitering popo by the freeway.... I never get pulled over... Wait, that was before when I used to drive my grandma's car.

My main point! Cops Profile you... Well not you, but your Car. Oooh! Check out that red/blue/yellow/orange sporty looking car its over the speed limit by 5mph. Oh forget about that crappy looking car beside it going 10 over, sporty car with awesome color looks feisty lets pull it over. THATS REALITY!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pmarlowe
the 2 way stop.. It was raining.. It was dark... Its seattle. The California roll, I can say it was a violation but I just didnt stop to 0mph, cmon... everybody does that eff u if u say u never did it. maybe I was going around 2-3mph and constantly stepping on the breaks but not fully stopped while looking if someone was coming from the left. And for the record, the cities I got pulled over are well known for butthole cops... The only violation I think I committed is the DUI.

This is different from your original story. I could've agreed with you on that one but not now. If the sign says stop, you should stop. Have I done it, yes, have I gotten lucky and gotten away with it, yes. Either way, you did it and you got caught. Not really his fault for catching you, although it is a shady way for him to go about it.

The suspended license ticket sucks flat out. It's a tough subject for something like that. DOL doesn't technically have to notify you, as far as I know. You were told in court when it was going into effect, it's possible you spoke to some idiot over the phone who put in a wrong number for your ticket code or whatever.

Cops will profile cars and it isn't going to change. A lot of the time they are told to look for certain things like that. Whether it is done in their academy or by their supervisors. Chances are the 22 year old kid in the bright red sports car is going to be doing something more foolish than the 57 year old retiree in a caddy.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by oni424
I would say not trade in your car. instead, stop doing stupid and reckless things like driving drunk..... Also avoid driving without a license, rolling thru redlights and other things and you should be fine.

I was driving with a license, not knowing it was already suspended, because DOL said its going to be suspended in march instead.

The court told you 60 days you drove after that regardless of what the person from DOL said your license can be suspened any time after that 60 days without notice.
And although i feel for you on the fact you claim you didn't know you were still in violation of the courts. The cops don't care what your excuse is the law is the law.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

and for another record.... I drove 75mph passing by a loitering popo by the freeway.... I never get pulled over... Wait, that was before when I used to drive my grandma's car.

My main point! Cops Profile you... Well not you, but your Car. Oooh! Check out that red/blue/yellow/orange sporty looking car its over the speed limit by 5mph. Oh forget about that crappy looking car beside it going 10 over, sporty car with awesome color looks feisty lets pull it over. THATS REALITY!!!

Well if reality is that you are getting profiled for driving a bright blue tC then trade it in and buy yourself a little silver Toyota Yaris or maybe a nice white smart car and see what the cops do when you break the same laws. The simple fact is you probably have broken those same laws a hundred times for each time you get caught ( minus the DUI hopefully) I have had a suspended license in my life right about 10 years ago and felt the same way. I now drive down the street and look every time i see a cop with someone pulled over and it is usually a minivan/suv or an old beater. I think in the last 5 years I have seen one vette and maybe three civics and only one tC and the tC flew by me on the highway doing about 25 over the speed limit weaving through traffic the girl should've been busted.

So to cry to us about the fact your being singled out is not going to get sympathy from most of us. Time to face facts and realize a Cop will write a ticket to anyone that looks like they can afford the ticket who will willingly pay to avoid going into court and anyone that they think they might be able to get more than one violation on i.e. ride height or tint and noise, and anyone driving recklessly putting others in danger. I am so tired of people like you that whine about the fact they get caught and busted for being stupid (you have stated yourself you broke each of the laws). Just trade in your tC if you think you did nothing wrong and quit making the rest of the scion community look bad.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol dude, obey the traffic laws and you wont have a problem.

ps your profile is wrong its parking SPOTS not LOTS it sounds stupid as lots.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cmon... everybody does that
if everybody else does it, it must be ok right? i expect that logic from a 5 year old. guess the police should only enforce the laws that nobody breaks
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

videowith good info on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

well when i first moved to washington state i had a lowered 88 toyota pick up with a shell and a stereo. well i got pulled over to check how low my car was once a week. yes i was barely legal on that. exactly 1/8 from california and 1/2 inch from washington state laws. i also used to get pulled over for loud stereo. the system i had it init was about 6k in equipment fosgate and orion and kenwood. was installed by and old roommate of mine. was just shy of getting fosgate to sponcer me. yes if you violate the sound laws. cops are not def or blind.

if you come to a stop sign. plain and simple make a full stop. drive the speed limit. if you go over the posted you run the risk of being pulled over. above posted speed limit is up to the cop. do they want the paper work for one mile over. chances you will not get pulled over for one mile over. but 5 is iffy really. most of the time you will get pulled over to check anything else out if you are 5 over or so. but it also has to do with how you react when getting pulled over. like the video above actually listen to what chris rock says.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the cops aren't ******, they are doing their job dude. Everytime i've gotten pulled over (twice), it was for something that i was doing wrong. When they asked if i knew what i did, i didn't play stupid with them, i just told them that i knew i was speeding, and you know what? The first time he reduced my ticket from reckless to just a speed violation. The second time i got off with a warning. I don't know what you said/did, but the moral of the story is to be honest, and be respectful, and things will usually work out you'r way.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
SL Member

For the record, all of those happened on the first and end of month. We all know why.... K, someone, i bet, will say "cops dont have quota"... hmmm...
Dude, cops don't have a thing called a "quota" that they have to meet...ok? I have spent my whole life around cops and have asked a number of them about this particular thing...the answer from every single one is "no".....So stop thinking they have a quota to meet....face facts...you need to stop doing illegal things...on a personal note: i can't stand people that try to do something illegal and wonder why they get busted and ticketed...

NOT DOING ILLEGAL THINGS= NO TICKET