Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

current thoughts on myspace?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I laugh at most of it. For example here in Maryland a few months ago some girl met a guy off myspace. They got into some arguement when he was driving her home and he kicked her out of the car on the side of the beltway and beat her to death with a pipe.

News people were saying this is why its dangerous to meet people online.... HELLLO the same people that are online are the same people that are in your malls, grocery stores, work with, etc. It is just as easy for that same girl to meet that guy at a bar then go out on a date and have the exact same thing occur. Whether you meet someone online or at a bar, etc. you don't know the person and always run the risk until you know them.

The news makes it sound like the people online are a different society then the "real world" I hate to break it to them but they are one and the same.

As far as kiddie lovers go I agree it does make it a bit easier for people to prey on them because they all are together in one area. HOWEVER children should know better than to meet anyone at a private location. I highly doubt a pediphile acting as a 15yr old is going to grab a girl in the middle of a mall while your kicking and screaming. Its all about being smart with your decisions.