Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Death Penalty

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by citizen01
Sorry dave but this is a different situation. We have the option to either kill or incarcerate. You are only giving the option to kill. Faulty analogy.
i only put that out there, because you guys are arguing about killing/ending a life itself being bad for any reason.

I don't understand everyone's idea to just throw people in prison forever. Why trap a man in box to make him go crazy, for the rest of his life. What purpose does that serve? It does not serve him and it does not teach him. and it does not serve us, the public. It only costs us money to further make a man into someone we wouldn't want out in public.

if we're to rehabiliate someone, do that and say that, but we all learn differently, on different schedules.
if you feel justice calls that we torture someone for the rest of their life, don't pretend life in prison is not torture.

imo, the moral reprocussions of torturing someone for the rest of the life, or ending that life right away are negligible.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what are you trying to say? Would you kill Hitler? Or would you stick him in jail???

~Stephanie
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
Why trap a man in box to make him go crazy, for the rest of his life. What purpose does that serve? It does not serve him and it does not teach him.
uhm you stated the purpose before you asked about the purpose
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
I wouldn't say he was a genious. Remember, there is a fine line between being a genious and insane, and hitler was definitely really far over on the insane side. He took complete advantage of a country in shambles, made himself supreme dictator and killed a ton of people. Sorry, that's not genious in my book.
o, he most certainly was. the idea you're refering to, is not that there is a fine line between genius and insanity, it's that with genius, comes insanity.

What other civilization has gone from such immense debt, loss of land, near total unemployment and poverty(ala WW1) to become the strongest, most technologilly advanced nation in the world in....just 20 years? Remember it took the whole world against them to bring them down(and them marching all winter futily against russia), we even sided with an equally atrocious murderer to defeat him(stalin) and the US and UK had to steal his designs and technology for machine guns, planes, carboratuers and tanks to equal the *****.

no onje is ever going to teach about how germany went from where they were in ww1 to ww2.

Originally Posted by teamben158
And if I had the chance, I would've walked straight up to him and put a bullet in his forehead, and then emptied the clip just to be sure he's dead. I wouldn't care if I would be considered a murderer either.
i hear ya, i would too.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hitler was an insane genius and an extremely charismatic person. Without that man, the world would be an unbelievably different place, I cant even fathom where we would be today. In times of war, technology receives a huge boost and in just a few short years under the pressure of war, decades of technology can evolve.

Without Hitler:
- There were have been no moon landing and maybe no satellites (Hitler was responsible for the first man made object in space)

-Germany would be the world leader in nuclear power and weaponry. Remember, Einstein barely escaped Germany, where all of his nuclear research was located.

-International transportation would not be where it is today. Hitler is responsible for pushing forward with the idea of jet engines.

-No missle defense systems

-No cute girls driving VW beetles

-The History channel would only have enough material to be able to broadcast 6 hours a day.

- No Cold War. USSR would probably still be around since we wouldnt have sent them into a financial crash.

The list goes on and on. For such an extreme person, he really pushed the world further than most people would like to acknowledge.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chris... That is pretty ignorant of you to assume what would or would not have happened were it not for Hitler. Who knows what some of the brilliant jewish minds could have come up with were they not slaughtered at his hands. One may have even found an alternative fuel for cars. Sorry but I'm not buying it.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

war does make technology go alot faster though, while chris does make some far out guesses, I would say, certain things, like carberators, would be further behind for sure without hitler, which would mean cars in general would most likely behind as well.

machine guns, and guns in general benefited greatly from everyone else try to copy and then improve upon the german's design.

the cold war though, and everything from it, that's really hard to say. But if hitler had stopped at just making his country great, then germany would for sure be the main world power, less russia did something drastic.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Citizen.....he has a point. He has many good points.

At least I'm not the only one to realize the benifits of negative things.

~Stephanie
Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry, I just dont understand how anyone can say they admire Hitler. Because of Him, more than 40 MILLION people died. I dont admire anyone that causes the death of 40 million people.

Hitler wasnt a Genius. He was charismatic. A genius wouldnt kill 40 million people. A genius would do something to make the world better, not kill a big chunk of it.

And so what if weapons are better now because of ww2? Now they have weapons that can kill millions of people at a time. Wow, that sounds like thats really benefical to the human race.

Saying that, I would unload a few rounds at Hitlers Face if I could. Killing that bastard would of made this world a lot better.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krustytheclown
I'm sorry, I just dont understand how anyone can say they admire Hitler. Because of Him, more than 40 MILLION people died. I dont admire anyone that causes the death of 40 million people.

Hitler wasnt a Genius. He was charismatic. A genius wouldnt kill 40 million people. A genius would do something to make the world better, not kill a big chunk of it.

And so what if weapons are better now because of ww2? Now they have weapons that can kill millions of people at a time. Wow, that sounds like thats really benefical to the human race.

Saying that, I would unload a few rounds at Hitlers Face if I could. Killing that bastard would of made this world a lot better.
genius and nice guy, have nothing in common.

and he killed lots people, but more than your god? no. but you admire him, right? he creates millions of children that slowly starve or rot to death, but he's still your saviour, right?

a few things do/did benefit the human race that he did. cars, rockets, engines, shoot, medicine is further along thanks to the hitler and his "angel of death"

take james bond villains. ok, minus "jaws", they were all pretty much genius mad scientists, no?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SeatleDave.....you're awsome!!

~Stephanie
Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
genius and nice guy, have nothing in common.

and he killed lots people, but more than your god? no. but you admire him, right? he creates millions of children that slowly starve or rot to death, but he's still your saviour, right?

a few things do/did benefit the human race that he did. cars, rockets, engines, shoot, medicine is further along thanks to the hitler and his "angel of death"

take james bond villains. ok, minus "jaws", they were all pretty much genius mad scientists, no?
I need some clarification on this because personally, I hate history, but something isn't sitting right here. You sit here praising Hitler as this huge genius, but was he the one to actually develop all of these technologies, or are you just giving credit to Hitler because he was the man breathing down their necks rushing them saying "Hey, find a way to get from point A to point B faster or I'll kill your entire race?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

this is getting lame
u always have to throw the religion part
Old 05-09-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well then don't watch the thread. Done and done.

~Stephanie
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I wasn't talking to you, was I?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not being mean, I just am really into this thread because it is actually intellectual, and when someone comes in here complaining, it gets me ____ed off.

Sorry.

~Stephanie
Old 05-09-2007, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I wasn't complaining about the original topic at hand. I was complaining about the butting in of Hitler and religion as it always does in every "different" topic that is created.

And just as everyone can state their opinions so can I and you came off as rude, hence my reply back.

All rightly lets get back to good killing vs. bad killing
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hitler was a horrible person, but there is no way to deny his charisma and genious to lead people.

Undeniably one of the most charismatic people of all time.

Oh, MmmBoxy, pro choice is far better than pro life because pro lifer has many flaws in it. Such as rapists and child molesters.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

gah.

here we go again!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's still killing a baby.

~Stephanie